Menu

Requesting prayers please - update 4 in the OP

Loowit

It's terrible that a few family members are making a devastating situation even worse. :(

It makes me sick that they are behaving this way, and I feel so sorry for you and your mom. The last thing you need is family drama when everyone should be pulling together to find your grandfather and to help each other get through this.

Still praying. :grouphug:

• Like 1

Such power plays and during a time when it would behoove everyone to support each other.

Have you guys posted pics of him on posts around town and requested businesses display them? This has been effective at times around here. Several people with Alzheimers were found this way over the last few years.

Praying for good news.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry, Loowit.  I'm glad that a different Sheriff's office is now investigating.  I had wondered why they ruled out foul-play since there was a broken car window but didn't want to second guess from afar.  While I hope that there can be a good resolution to this, at the very least I hope that there is some closure and justice for your family. 

Oh I am so glad your dh made that call. It will help to know at least the aunt understands.

And I am sorry about the messed up evidence. But I am glad an investigation will continue and not just end with a called off S&R.

I pray for a quick resolution and still hope for a positive outcome.

• Like 1

I just saw update 4.  I am glad the family drama was somewhat circumvented....sorry for the idea there is foul play.  That surprises me honestly....from what you first knew I felt sure he just wandered off into the woods.  :(  It is a terrible situation.  The not knowing must be torture for all.

(((hugs))))

Reshared the news story on FB. Asked people that I know to share the story as well. 

I am so sorry you are going through this. I can't help but think that it is an act of God that you found the car. There are so many roads up there that are impassable or abandoned. I know because my aunt says that an old camping spot we used to go to is up an impassable road.

Thank you for keeping us updated. Prayers that you have more answers soon. (((hugs)))

I just read your latest update (not on the computer much yesterday).  I'm glad to read your good news, sorry to hear the bad.  Having most of your family closer together is at least helpful in bad times.

Still sending prayers and  :grouphug:  hoping he's found.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Do you have a link to the flyer/poster or Facebook page if there is one? (sorry if I missed it in a post).  I live in Vancouver WA and would like to know if I could help at all keeping an eye out in our area. 

I don't really watch local news, so if it has been on there, I wouldn't have seen it.

Edited by Tap

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Do you have a link to the flyer/poster or Facebook page if there is one? (sorry if I missed it in a post).  I live in Vancouver WA and would like to know if I could help at all keeping an eye out in our area. 

I don't really watch local news, so if it has been on there, I wouldn't have seen it.

Here is a link (hope it works) to the CCSO Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/cowlitz.sheriff.7/photos/a.792364334111073.1073741828.792358377445002/1743189165695247/?type=3&theater

• Like 2

So your cousin and his wife are the ones that have kept up a "nice face" to a (the previous one) sheriff's office, but have broken the law in the past and are general slime balls? My bet is that they are involvhed in this some how and the "nice guy routine" is to try and get the trail dogs off their scent.. Sadly, many people prey on the elderly for money and if they are involved in drugs, then all bets are off. I have been praying for your family.

• Like 2

So your cousin and his wife are the ones that have kept up a "nice face" to a (the previous one) sheriff's office, but have broken the law in the past and are general slime balls? My bet is that they are involvhed in this some how and the "nice guy routine" is to try and get the trail dogs off their scent.. Sadly, many people prey on the elderly for money and if they are involved in drugs, then all bets are off. I have been praying for your family.

I've wondered about that too.  but I don't want to jump the gun, or fling accusations by association just because he's a jerk.

and as an aside - my mom had the bottle in your avatar - only it was dark purple.

OP - I've been out of town, so i just saw this.  I'm so sorry.  I hope they can get something.  you're in my thoughts and prayers.  I'm glad your mom is talking to her sister.  how is your uncle/mom's brother/father-of-jerk behaving?  is he trying to maintain family support? (I hope).

• 2 weeks later...

There isn't any more news.  The search hit a dead end.  There are no new real leads and one sighting they thought they had turned out to not be him, which was on the day he went missing. They did question some young men who turned out to have vandalized the car, but they insist that is was abandoned at the time.  I don't know if they will be charged with anything or not, but my guess is not.

The family stuff has gone down hill again, and I don't see it improving much unfortunately.

At this point I am not expecting to find out anything, though I really hope I am wrong.  We have no idea if it was foul play or what.  It is really hard to move on without closure, but I don't really have other options.  I am trying to be there for my mom and support her.

I am so very sorry. A missing loved one is awful under the best of circumstances. I'm sorry the family is being difficult, that makes it all the harder.

I pray strength for you as you support your close family, and that you will learn what happened.