Menu

Would you be upset?

ErinE

Oh, I would be seething. That sort of information is NO ONE else's place to disclose, let alone on the front page of the newspaper! Seriously, what the heck?! How is this person an expert in the prevention of anything?! I have no idea what I would do if that happened. Perhaps tell the person they would be paying for our new security system? (Not that it would actually happen, but seriously... how DARE they?)

• Like 3

Is a lawsuit possible? Perhaps not all the way to collection, but to the point of scaring the individual party and the newspaper? Truly, this person has invited crime to the property. If nothing else, a counter article, showing the foolishness done by someone claiming to be a professional may scar that professional, and cause second thought next time.
This is terrible.

Installing a security system needs to be high on tomorrow's to do list.

• Like 10

I would be LIVID. I'd also be calling the newspaper editor and let them know your home was used without permission. you are considering what your options are as you feel your home and family have been potentially endangered by their neglect to get your permission.

• Like 3

Is a lawsuit possible? Perhaps not all the way to collection, but to the point of scaring the individual party and the newspaper? Truly, this person has invited crime to the property. If nothing else, a counter article, showing the foolishness done by someone claiming to be a professional may scar that professional, and cause second thought next time.

This is terrible.

Installing a security system needs to be high on tomorrow's to do list.

And the newspaper and so called professional can pay for it and the monitoring.

I would be very upset and he would have a new crisis to manage.

If the vulnerabilities are about security, I would feel less safe.

If they are about natural disasters, I would be upset that this speculative article would possibly show up if I put my house on the market.

If my insurance agent were located nearby and could see the paper, I would be upset about that too.

• Like 3

I would be realy surprised that a newspaper allowed this to happen.  So much so that I would wonder if something had gone wrong in the process of getting permission.

I would be really ticked if someone turned out to be at fault, but I doubt I would be worried about it.  It would worry my dh though.

• Like 1

[DELETED POST]

Thank you to everyone who responded. Other people have essentially shrugged it off; the friendship may be affecting their view. I thought perhaps I was overreacting.

You were not over reacting. If you have not done some of the things listed here you are under-reacting.

Those blowing it off could be afraid of conflict.

Do they stand with you when some standing needs to be done?

(I ask because people like that in my life will not stand with me. I spent a long time thinking I was overreacting, wrong, foolish to be concerned. I never was. That person/s had fear issues.)

• Like 1

[DELETED POST]

Thank you to everyone who responded. Other people have essentially shrugged it off; the friendship may be affecting their view. I thought perhaps I was overreacting.

They would probably feel differently if it were their house on the front page.

Did you move forward with doing anything about it?

• Like 1