Menu

Favorite Easter Candy

umsami

Easter Candy  

121 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Easter Candy?

• Chocolate Bunnies
    • Cadbury Eggs
    • Cadbury Mini-Eggs
    • Marshmallow Peeps
    • Jelly Beans
    • Marshmallow Eggs or Bunnies
    • Coconut Eggs
    • Peanut Butter/Reeses Eggs
    • Kale cut out in Easter Shapes
    • What? Sugar is poison! Worse than cocaine Why are you even bringing this up?
    • Other
    • Robins Eggs

How disappointing. I came in to a thread on candy, one of my favorite topics  :D  only to learn that I am sorely limited in my candy exposure. I've never tried any kind of cadbury egg. Chocolate bunnies typically taste like wax. I don't like marshmallow anything and I'm not fond of jelly beans, although I do like the starburst jelly beans better than most. I've never heard of coconut eggs...

Wow, no wonder we stopped doing Easter baskets years ago. I guess I have neglected my Easter candy experimentation. It looks like I only tried the nasty stuff and gave up. Hmm, I wonder if it is too late? :lol:

• Like 2

In years past, I would have said Cadbury eggs, but since they are no longer made with the good chocolate here in the US, I chose jelly beans. In particular, I like Starburst jelly beans. Peeps come in a close second. I just like biting their heads off. 

• Like 3

Before, I would have said Cadbury Eggs, but lately I've been liking the chocolate covered marshmallows!  I'm not sure if that's what you meant in the poll or if you were talking about Peeps (which I don't really care for).

That's my sil to a T! She buys a bunch, opens them up and puts them on a shelf to get suitably stale...cracks me up every year. :)

My sister used to do this so that she could give me already stale peeps on my birthday every year! I had to ask her to stop...I can't have much sugar and have no self-control with stale peeps!

• Like 1

Cadbury eggs. Though I will admit to being dismayed by the smaller size. I remember biting the top off and using  a spoon to enjoy the yummy inside. Haven't been able to fit a spoon in for years. Probably for the best as I am not sure I can afford new pants to cover what my arse if they were still that size.

I still eat them. 

• Like 3

In my pre-Muslim days, we used to use Peeps to make S'mores with them in the toaster oven.  It's kind of disturbing, yet wonderful...to watch the sugar caramelize on them.  I'd place them on a graham cracker with a Dove chocolate square.  Oh so good.

I forgot about Robin's Eggs.

I'll never forget when I was eight, we went to visit my parents' friends who lived in Niagara (Canada).  They gave me a giant chocolate bunny that was decorated.  It was humongous.  I gnawed on that bunny's ears all the way back home to Michigan.  #bestEasterever  No idea if they know that they created a lasting memory, but they did. :)

My best friend's Mom would only buy their Easter bunnies at a real local chocolate shop.  They were such a step up.  

• Like 2

:drool5:   Why did I open this thread?

Robin's Eggs.  Mmmmm...  And I miss, miss, miss Reeses eggs.  Oh, the S'more made of peeps sound yummy!

Alas, with food allergies out the wazoo, we are limited.  I placed our Vermont Nut Free dark chocolate only order (because we can handle trace amounts of dairy at least) bunnies and eggs today.  And I drooled over their buttercream eggs because they are so yummy, but DS is allergic to them now.  Bummer.  And I ordered our free-of-everything, including dye, jellybeans today, too. 

How I miss the days of real Easter candy!!  Someone eat a bunch so I can live vicariously through you!

• Like 1

... Peeps come in a close second. I just like biting their heads off. 

Stress relief? :lol:

In my pre-Muslim days, we used to use Peeps to make S'mores with them in the toaster oven.  It's kind of disturbing, yet wonderful...to watch the sugar caramelize on them. 

Cracking up...

As an aside you might appreciate, the Washington Post has an annual contest where people make Peeps dioramas. Here's a link to last year's--I think it's hilarious...

• Like 1

Ha! When we were little, we'd lick the outside of the Robin Eggs malted milk candy and use it for lipstick :)

Years ago, Palmer made tiny eggs that were half chocolate and half mint, tasted like an Andes mint and they were awesome. I've not been able to find them in a long time though.

• Like 1

When I was a kid, there was a church youth group that made/sold big candy eggs-basically, giant chocolates, with mint, buttercream, peanut butter, or coconut filling. The things were amazing. And big-I think they weighed about a pound each.

I want one. Or better, one of each flavor, because they were all wonderful.

• Like 1

In years past, I would have said Cadbury eggs, but since they are no longer made with the good chocolate here in the US, I chose jelly beans. In particular, I like Starburst jelly beans. Peeps come in a close second. I just like biting their heads off. 

Oh yes, you're right!  What is it about the Starburst jelly beans, they are off the wall!

How long does a chocolate bunny last? Ds expects a certain brand of chocolate bunny and last year it was hard to find. How far in advance can I buy it? It won't get eaten before Easter. I buy other candy for just general enjoyment. :)

If you find it, buy it. They've already been manufactured. It will either sit in your cabinet or on a store shelf, kwim? :) I wouldn't buy for Easter 2016 now, but yes for 2015.