Menu

I'm not the praying type but could use some good energy Update #51

gingersmom

My 15 year old was sick for days (fever, body aches), took him to urgent care who sent him to ER. Emergency room said he was dehydrated and had stomach bug.

24 hours later we came back, cat scan done and now they are saying he has seriously inflamed colon and they think its Chrohns or something like that.

We got a room and plan on being here several days. He's still dehydrated and on morphine. He says it doesn't hurt as long as he doesn't move ( he is extremely brave and won't complain).

It's 250am and I could use a virtual hug.

Anyone have any experience with Chrohns or similar stuff? I'm trying to stay off google until he sees gastroenterologist at hospital(as I requested)

Sending lots of good energy your way.

Crohn's is an autoimmune disorder. I know that when DH treat uveitis (which is also an autoimmune disorder), they do blood work called HLA (Human Leukocyte Antigen).  Depending on what it shows, which serotype, it can help them figure out which autoimmune disease(s) they are dealing with.  

My guess is by now you've met with the gastroenterologist and know more anyway.

:grouphug:

Thank you everyone. We are feeling the love!!!

It's night 2 of me typing in the dark.

He has a colonoscopy scheduled for the morning.

After a wonderfully uneventful day, drinking the prep drink has brought back fever and pain with a vengeance. Not to mention countless trips (with IV pole in tow) to the bathroom.

Staying positive tomorrow will bring an answer and he can recuperate at home.

I really appreciate all the hugs!!!!

UPDATE:

He had colonoscopy and Dr is 99% sure it is Crohns. He is waiting for a biopsy to say 100%.

I shed a few tears but am moving on. There are so many worse diseases you can have.

He had one dose of prednisone in his IV and is like a different child. He looks 1000% better, had an appetite for first time in a week (has lost about 10 pounds so far) and even took a little walk down the hall. He gets medicine every 12 hours so I am hopeful he continues to feel as good.

All his levels were out of whack (potassium, slightly anemic and some others) so I am hopeful over next 1-2 days everything goes back to normal.

As much as I am ready to leave I am making sure we have doctor/home medicine lined up before we leave. Two visits to ER is enough for me!

Sad but hopeful!!