Menu

Sick with Worry and Just Need to Talk

La Condessa

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Praying. we had a different, scare...cardiac issues that turned out to be nothing, but there were enough small 'clues" that I was sure it was going to be something awful. He was fine, and I am praying your baby is too. We can drive ourselves crazy researching. Try not to worry until there is a need to worry. Praying for peace for all of you.

Well no wonder you're sick with worry! You have every right to be. There is nothing more awful than waiting to hear if something is wrong with your precious baby.

At six months old we knew something wasn't right with our son. He had an MRI of his brain. The result would either be a brain tumor or that he had had a stroke. I have never prayed so hard that he had ONLY had a stroke. Thankfully that's what it turned out to be. It's such a weird position to be in.

You and your little one will be in my prayers. Please update us when you can.

Elise in NC

I went through the waiting and worrying with my son too. His test was negative.  He ended up having a few unrelated problems which together produced many symptoms of CF.

I agree that no matter what the test results are your little boy is precious and beautiful!  I'll pray for a negative result and peace for you both.

Will be praying and watching for updates.

We were in a very similar position with our youngest about that age. She is adopted so was formula fed but had the breathing issues since shortly after birth, low weight gain, digestive issues, etc.  We did the cystic fibrosis test and for her it was negative.  She ended up with RSV twice and pneumonia several times.  For her we ended up on several inhalers twice a day and then the nebulizer as needed. It was sad to watch her crawl over to the nebulizer when she needed a treatment.

She is now 17 and doing much better breathing and digestion wise.  She has other health issues but is a happy, active teen.

Prayers for your family and the best of wishes.

My daughter has VACTERLS Association, hypoparathyroidism is back and her tethered spinal cord.

It is hard to see your child go through trails. It is the most helpless feeling in the world.

God is with you and will carry you through, your little one too.

hugs