Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AmyontheFarm

Prayer Please! Homeschool child kidnapped

The following message came through our homeschool chain.  When I get more info, I'll post again.

Urgent prayer request - an homeschooling/missionary family in Central America needs urgent prayer - their eleven-year-old son has been kidnapped.

What country are they in? If they are U.S. Citizens, they should immediately contact the ACS (American Citizen Services) office, in the U.S. Embassy in that country.  And, obviously, notify the national police in their area. Hopefully, they have already done both of those things...

URGENT PRAYER REQUEST!

We have just been alerted by Allen and Trish Sowers (missionaries in Honduras) that their 12 year old son, Ben, was kidnapped today. He was with his mother, Trish, in the car when this happened at gunpoint. A ransom has been demanded....

Please be in prayer for this family and especially in prayer for the safe and quick return of Ben....

And pray that they may be delivered from wicked and evil men, for not everyone has faith. But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect Ben and his family from the evil one.
2 Thessalonians 3:2-4

We will update as we receive news...

1001956_631644580202925_458713560_n.jpg

Sonlight users, a friend wrote: "It's Trish Sowers' son, Ben. She's not local - she's a Sonlight curriculum user - I know her through the Sonlight forums for many years.

If anyone hears an update, please share it here.

From The Foundation group, As of this morning, the situation in Honduras is still going on and still needs your prayer....Ben is ok....please keep praying for this family, those supporting them and those that have Ben!

My heart aches.   I was afraid that was the location--it's the country where I grew up and my family lived for 16 years.  This is a commonplace occurrence, and it's almost always for ransom.  We know two cases personally, one kidnapping which was averted and one in which the 14 yo dd was held for 3 months, but she was miraculously unharmed physically. 

Praying for this child.

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin