Menu

So, I have been working this temp job....

I started this really cool temp job in June at the overall professional organization for accounting. I really like being there, and decided to apply for a couple of permanent positions.

About a month in to the temp project, I had a meeting with the manager to talk about how things were going. During the conversation, he asked me if I would be interested in working there full-time. When I said yes, he said to keep in communication with him about what I wanted to do, and he would find a place for me.

A week ago this past Thursday, HR called me for an interview for one of the positions I had applied for. I interviewed this past Monday - two interviews, actually. After the first interview, I was told they were doing more interviews and I would hear within a couple of weeks. I was told the same thing after the second interview.

I left that interview at 3pm. I had an offer by 5pm.:tongue_smilie:

Three years ago, we were basically homeless and dh was working in a liquor store for little more than minimum wage. We had everything we owned packed into a 18 foot trailer in my Mom's driveway. It seemed pretty hopeless.

We have struggled, and fought, and struggled some more. We moved to FL from NC and back again. I earned my Masters in Accounting and passed two sections of the CPA exam. (All while homeschooling, I might add!:tongue_smilie:)

When I start my new position on 8/27 (my dc's first day of school, too!) our income will have increased more than 4.5 times what it was then.

I am going to be a Financial Accountant dealing with royalties. After finishing the CPA exam and getting my license, I hope to transition into a Financial Analyst position (which pays even more!)

:party:

And yes, this is an all out brag because I think I deserve it.:tongue_smilie:

Edited by Renee in FL

That's awesome!

I think I'd like to get my CPA if I eventually go back to working fulltime. How'd you get your CPA while homeschooling?

Hard work and little sleep?:tongue_smilie: I bought a review course and just started. The first section I took I studied full-time for 5-6 weeks over Christmas Break. The next I fit in around graduate classes and homeschooling. I get up at 4-5am every morning and study before anyone is up.

I'm not a CPA yet, but hopefully I will be by this time next year.

That's great, Renee! I am so happy for you!

:D It really has been a great place to work. I also want to tell you that you have a GREAT place to work, too. Trust me - I interviewed at several public firms and their definitions and policies regarding work hours, flex time, etc. were underwhelming.:tongue_smilie:

Edited by Renee in FL

I started this really cool temp job in June at the overall professional organization for accounting. I really like being there, and decided to apply for a couple of permanent positions.

About a month in to the temp project, I had a meeting with the manager to talk about how things were going. During the conversation, he asked me if I would be interested in working there full-time. When I said yes, he said to keep in communication with him about what I wanted to do, and he would find a place for me.

A week ago this past Thursday, HR called me for an interview for one of the positions I had applied for. I interviewed this past Monday - two interviews, actually. After the first interview, I was told they were doing more interviews and I would hear within a couple of weeks. I was told the same thing after the second interview.

I left that interview at 3pm. I had an offer by 5pm.:tongue_smilie:

Three years ago, we were basically homeless and dh was working in a liquor store for little more than minimum wage. We had everything we owned packed into a 18 foot trailer in my Mom's driveway. It seemed pretty hopeless.

We have struggled, and fought, and struggled some more. We moved to FL from NC and back again. I earned my Masters in Accounting and passed two sections of the CPA exam. (All while homeschooling, I might add!:tongue_smilie:)

When I start my new position on 8/27 (my dc's first day of school, too!) our income will have increased more than 4.5 times what it was then.

I am going to be a Financial Accountant dealing with royalties. After finishing the CPA exam and getting my license, I hope to transition into a Financial Analyst position (which pays even more!)

:party:

And yes, this is an all out brag because I think I deserve it.:tongue_smilie:

That is AWESOME. I have followed you over the years (don't mean to sound like a stalker) and I'm so happy to hear your great news!