Menu

When are you starting back to school?

Our plan was to start on Monday, however dh's Grandmother is dying in the hospital so I have a feeling our week could be a little crazy.

Sorry to hear that!

I was going to start back on Tuesday, but I think I'll wait until the 9th. I need time to get the Christmas stuff put away and clean up and organize. I think I'll have the kids do some of the things they got for Christmas during this week, like putting puzzles together, playing with Chemistry set, etc. My uncle also gave them each a bag with different pieces of wood and glue that they could make something with.

We're starting back Monday, BUT... it will probably be only partial school, like 2-3 subjects. For one, we took most of December off, so we'll need to ease back into things. Secondly, we're having all of our windows replaced possibly next week, which means everything has to be moved to the middle of the rooms, so school might be logistically difficult with all the furniture in the middle of the room. :tongue_smilie: So we'll see. I don't plan to do full range of subjects until the window stuff is done.

On a good note, my house is getting amazingly clean and decluttered because of this project (we're also repainting several rooms while we're moving furniture and such).

For the first time ever, I think we're taking an add'l week off (this coming week). The past week just flew, and it's been sooooo lovely around here; no squabbles, no bickering, just everyone really enjoying spending time together. Kids have been doing lots of reading and playing games. I'm not ready to go back to school yet! I agree with a PP, too, that I want to take all the Christmas decorations down and clean/organize everything before we start back. We may do some very light schoolwork, but I'm not even sure about that.

Our plan was to have a light week last week and then resume in full force on Monday....but I seem to have the flu or maybe just a bad cold. Thursday and Friday we didn't do any schoolwork, which is fine. We probably needed the break. But I am feeling so crap*y today, I just wonder how I'll feel on Monday. :(

Dawn,

If your hubbie is off on Mon, I would plan something fun like family movie night or whatever. I would start back on Tues when he goes back to work. We will start on Thur, because I have one in public high school and they go back that day. However, in years past we have schooled on New Years when hubbie worked (and before the kids figured out public schools got 2 weeks off). We always traveled somewhere warm in the winter so I schooled to fit my schedule.

Have a Happy New Year

ReneeR

Most likely some "school light" (3 R's) on Monday and a full-blown schedule on Tuesday. Of course I have to layout a full lesson plan for the week since DH is going to start handling school on Wednesdays as well as Monday and Friday mornings when I start my new work schedule on Wednesday. Gulp.

We only took off four days around Christmas, and then school was very light this last week. This coming week will also be light because now that the holidays are over, I have some special projects of my own I want to get done before all of the normal out-of-the-house activities resume. Light this week, back to full load on the 9th.

We don't start back until January 9th but we worked right up until December 23rd. That's the public school schedule here this year. Very weird. But since DH is a ps teacher, we follow his schedule. I'm kinda glad now as I have another full week of vacation to look forward to. :D

Thursday...dh teaches public school and it's when he goes back. I like that I just follow his schedule and don't really have to decide. I don't know about next year, though. We have do 180 days here in GA, but his school is going to 170 next year with 20 minutes longer each day. Maybe our 10 extra days can be field trips with him.