Menu

Mom has just passed.

My sister just called to let me know. My brother was getting ready to leave for the night, and had just given her a kiss and told her how much he loved her, and as he was walking away she stopped breathing. This is the brother she was so proud of. He had caused so much trouble in his teens, straightened up during college, and joined the Army after 9/11. I just think it is so beautiful that he was the last to kiss her and say he loved her while she was with us. If you could please send extra prayers for my other brother, whose flight doesn't come in until this afternoon. I know it will hit him especially hard. This happened so fast - we were originally planning on home hospice months from now, but this cancer was very aggressive. Please pray also for the amazing nurses that took such good care of her. I'm on my way in to see her now. It's strange to feel so calm and at peace at this time...