Menu

Poll: How close do you live to your parents? (distance calculator link inside)

How close do you live to your parents?  

1. 1. How close do you live to your parents?

• We live in the same town or less than an hour away
    • more than 100 miles away
    • more than 200 miles away
    • 300-500 miles away
    • 501-1,500 miles away
    • 1,501-3,000 miles away
    • 3,001-5,000 miles away
    • more than 5,001 miles away
    • I don't know or we have no contact or my parents are no longer living
    • other

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we moved to the same block as my parents. It was wonderful being able to call Mom and say, "Dd and Ds want to come see you." She's say, "OK, I'll watch for them."

She'd step out into her front yard, and my dc would turn around and wave to me from the corner when they saw her . . . before RUNNING to her. :001_smile:

My fil and mil live 2 miles from us. Dh sees his dad every week or two. He helps him with yardwork and they'll often have breakfast together.

My dad and his new wife live 4 miles away. We probably see him once a month. I saw them this morning. :)

We live in the same town as my parents and within 30 miles of DH's parents. It's good, since it's only my brother and me and my brother lives pretty far away. My dad is starting to get in poor health. We want to be there for both sets of parents as they age. I refuse to put my parents in some sort of facility unless I absolutely cannot care for them.

Both my parents and ILs live in the same metro area as us. But it takes an hour typically to drive to my parents and we aren't doing that drive constantly. ILs are only like 15 minutes. Fortunately, they aren't overbearing at all. We see them 1-2X a month on average.

We probably average seeing my parents 1-2X a month in the summer. I feel like it's more on them to come see us now that kids are bigger and more involved in activities. When the kids were small, we drove out to see them all the time. We have relatively healthy parents, so they're busy and active too.

My parents however actually spend half the year in AZ which is 1276.15 miles away. We have visited there.

457 to Mom, 456 to Dad. That's really funny, because they live 150 miles from one another. I didn't realize they were equidistant to me. I would have thought Dad was closer. Fascinating!

We are in NOLA. Mom is the DFW, TX area and Dad in the Austin, TX area.