Menu

Fun things your little ones want to "be" when they grow up...

Today in PDG's class**, the children were asked to share what they wanted to be when they grew up.

Most kids gave some pretty fun answers (mermaid, a "worker" on that crazy TV show "Wipeout", a warrior, a queen)...then PDG said she wanted to be a... TIME LORD!! :smilielol5: The other children had no idea what she was talking about. (I think this may be a sign we've been watching too much Doctor Who at our home lately.)

What interesting vocational aspirations have your little ones voiced?

**PDG is in public first grade...not sure how much longer this will last. DH actually conceded last night that we WILL be homeschooling 2nd, for sure; however, I'm still holding out hope to finish first grade at home.

DD3, our resident diva, wants to be a Pink Princess Superhero. God help us all if she succeeds.

DS7 wants to be an Inventor/Rock Star. He previous goal was to work at an ice cream shop.

DD10 went to ps K. When asked what she wanted to be, she said "A Mom." :001_wub:

My 6 yr old tells me a new one almost every day. Yesterday he said he'll own a store and everything in it will be healthy and all the meat will be from animals on small farms, no industrial farms. Dh says I've brainwashed them well, I proudly agree. :D

His other thing is he's going to be a "builder". So he says he'll build the store and then run it. And also cook a lot of the things in it. Nothing like multi-tasking.

DS5 - at first said he wants to be a mommy, so he can cook good food and be with is kids... now he says he wants to be a doctor, so he can make people better

DS3 - wanted to be a garbage man, he thought that would be a really fun job... now he wants to be a doctor like his brother

We got a kick out of DS3 wanting to be a garbage man, it is a very odd job for a little kid... most want to be something glamorous, something seen on tv or held up by people as heroes... he wanted to be a garbage man, while a very needed and honorable job, not usually looked up to

DS5 - at first said he wants to be a mommy, so he can cook good food and be with is kids... now he says he wants to be a doctor, so he can make people better

DS3 - wanted to be a garbage man, he thought that would be a really fun job... now he wants to be a doctor like his brother

We got a kick out of DS3 wanting to be a garbage man, it is a very odd job for a little kid... most want to be something glamorous, something seen on tv or held up by people as heroes... he wanted to be a garbage man, while a very needed and honorable job, not usually looked up to

My son, now 11, also wanted to be a garbage man when he was 3. He thought riding along on the outside of the truck looked so fun. He used to play "garbage man" and hang off the outside of furniture making truck noises. He would proudly tell anyone who asked, he was going to be a garbage man when he grew up. That lasted for 2 years. Then we moved on to cowboy/missionary/fireman; now we are at professional football player. Garbage man will always be my favorite!

My son, now 11, also wanted to be a garbage man when he was 3. He thought riding along on the outside of the truck looked so fun. He used to play "garbage man" and hang off the outside of furniture making truck noises. He would proudly tell anyone who asked, he was going to be a garbage man when he grew up. That lasted for 2 years. Then we moved on to cowboy/missionary/fireman; now we are at professional football player. Garbage man will always be my favorite!

:iagree:It's the hanging off the truck that gets them. And for my ds, it's the cool gloves.:confused:

Right now he wants to be a cowboy fireman too, but army man is starting to come through sometimes. DD still wants to be a NICU nurse.

Ds wanted to be a pizza guy when he was 5. When he was 8 he wanted own the parlor and be the chef. Now, at 11, he wants to own several pizza joints in every state :D. He also wants to be a professional fisherman (on the side, of course). I'm interested to see what he comes up with by 16.

Dd has always wanted to study and work with polar bears, but at 11, she is deeply concerned that her time is running out.

When ds10 was about 5 he cnnounced that he was going to be a dump truck when he grew up - because they get to play in dirt and rocks all day LOL!

One of the little sweethearts in my DD's class last year came to school on "what I want to be when I grow up" day dressed as a tractor. Not a farmer, or someone who drives a tractor, a tractor.

Of course, I couldn't say much-my daughter went in her "dragon trainer" costume.

My oldest has said since he was in 2nd grade he wants to be a NASA scientist. But President of the US wouldn't be so bad, either.

My middle son decided when we went to Wal-Mart and let him use the self-check aisle that he could work at Wal-Mart because it is easy.

My youngest wants to work at Huhtamaki (making Chinet paper plates) and be a missionary and climb mountains in his off time. (My husband works for Huhtamaki. He works a swing shift so he is off 14 days out of each 28 day shift-cycle)

For the longest time DS 7 wanted to be a sanitation worker because he loved the book Trashy Town so much. Then, he decided Mr. Gilly's job might be a bit too messy, so a stunt man is his current dream ... guess that's only messy when the brains hit the concrete :glare: -- hoping he'll move on :D

DD 9 wanted to drive the Barbie car in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, and now aspires to be a dental tech because she loves blowing up the gloves as balloons:lol:.