Menu

How old were you when you had your first child?

When I had my first child, I was  

1. 1. When I had my first child, I was

• less than 18 years old
    • 18-24 years old
    • 25-29 years old
    • 30-35 years old
    • 36-40 years old
    • over 40 years old

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually had both kids by the time I was 24...but my first was at 19 (he was born 3 days before I turned 20). I am always the youngest of the moms for my older son's friends. However, I am just about the same age as most of my younger son's friends moms. It is much more common for people here to have their kids at 24 than at 19.

Edited by Tree House Academy

Maybe it's a regional thing, but I'm considered an old mom.

We spent years living on or near military bases, where we were always considered "old" first-time parents. We were in our early-mid '20s when we had our first live birth.

We now live in a highly professional area, where I'm the youngest parent BY FAR. I'm a good 10 years younger than most of the parents here, and in fact - some of the parents of my kids' peers are the same age as MY parents (who started having kids in their mid-'20s). My uncle lives nearby, and has kids the same age as mine. He and his wife are in their mid- and late '40s. This is the norm, here. I tend to think of the parents here as "old" just because I think of my uncle and mom as "old" LOL. No matter WHAT age they are, they're just old to me. So other parents their age are also "old" by default :D.

Having been on both ends of it, I'm convinced it is definitely a regional or cultural thing!

I was a young single mom. 17 pregnant, and just turned 18 when I had him.

He is all grown up now. 20 years old and just moved out (yesterday) into an intern house on church property... sadness time has flown by... excitement he is on to new and independent things.

Sorry if I'm buttin in here... its been a long time since I hung out over here on the forums!

I will be a month shy of 28 when I have Keaton. If I hadn't had a miscarriage last year I would have been just over 27.

I've been married 6 1/2 years and would have liked to have had a baby when I was 25 or so, but we decided to wait until dh was finished with his Master's degree and established in a job first. While I'm an "old" mom for the rural town in which I grew up, I'm actually the first of my circle of close childhood friends to marry and have a baby.