Menu

How old were you when you had your first child?

When I had my first child, I was  

1. 1. When I had my first child, I was

• less than 18 years old
    • 18-24 years old
    • 25-29 years old
    • 30-35 years old
    • 36-40 years old
    • over 40 years old

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was 37 and dh was 40. We'd been married 18 years when dd came along. So while all our friends were looking forward to soon becoming empty nesters, and some were even becoming grandparents; we were just getting started. :tongue_smilie:

Edited by skirch

I was 29. And though we got pregnant the first couple months trying, virtually every one of my relatives (extended family, not immediate) assumed we had had trouble conceiving because generally everyone here gets married and starts having babies right away. They couldn't understand waiting five years. I still don't think they quite believe me, even after all this time!

I got married when I was 18. Our first baby was born less than a month after I turned 23. So, we were actually married just about 5 years before we had our first. He was actually a surprise.

Because I married so young people usually assumed it was because I got pregnant. Nope, believe it or not, a lot of people actually just get married because they're in love and want to be married... Shocker...

I was a month and half from 30 years old. I was living in Alaska at the time and most of my friends were about that age also. When I moved to Maine, my children's parents were about 10 years younger than me. I now live in TN. Most of my children's friends are about my age.

I was 25 when Cali was born, but a month shy of my 25th birthday when she was conceived, oh and she's only 9 and 1/2 months old but I have already been told that I should home school her because she is already showing high intelligence levels. Got to love being at home with her and still hold an outside job, I work at night while my husband works during the day (night being 5 pm to 11 pm)