Menu

Prime Day(s) 2024 Have you found any great deals?

My Buy Again list is showing me a surprising number of small items that are included in Prime Day, and a number are worth me ordering ahead. Some are treats, such as gluten free crackers that I rarely buy due to price unless I’m road tripping.

• Like 5

Einkorn All Purpose Flour (very expensive) which I use for son in law and myself, is $32.99  today vs. the usual $44.99 for a 10 lb bag. I bought 3 bags which will get me through the winter holidays.

Daughter in law really needed new athletic shoes - they are very physically active - but money is on the tight side for them so I said take a look at the Prime day specials. $13 off the pair she wanted so I ordered them right away. I don't mind helping my adult kids with things like this, and exercising heavily in a pair of worn out shoes is just asking for foot and back trouble.

• Like 13

Fantastic deals on Amazon fresh.  Along with some Brooks shoes, a pair of adidas for DS, a new pair of water shoes to motivate me for water aerobics.  And I splurged on myself and bought an echo show the big one.  One of my clients has it and I really like using it at her house. 

• Like 2

These:

I just gave my guest room a makeover and bought this lamp for the nightstand. It is beautiful. The shade is glass. I do not like the cold white light bulb that comes with it, so I bought a Govee Smart lightbulb to use with it instead. The lightbulbs are also on sale. I had never used one before, but I know now that they are fabulous. It gives the lamp the beautiful, warm glow I was hoping for. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CKMJ5415?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

The Hatch Restore 2 sunrise light/alarm is on sale. 

https://www.amazon.com/Hatch-Restore-Personal-Routines-Energized/dp/B0C5S7K1JK/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=1Q059MJYEDXUY&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.E7zQ3ynInvqLa27UTffG4rhQ78IiLTGbKAe8tcqRdCZHSEHvJcEdhq4meWvI8V50ABKIUev4CXLM74VB8s_4loJCPDY1QrQjNJnMVJ77Xjr0a0u4vxQMTj1824cS3ZET.3FSTQhk6tM_mxmQI-uwj6UAH021SUsHVN8eWNJKLQfE&dib_tag=se&keywords=hatch+restore+2&qid=1721150182&sprefix=hatch+restord+2%2Caps%2C100&sr=8-3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m getting a slanted silicone soap dish for bar soap—since Trader Joe’s dropped their tea tree oil soap, we haven’t found one with the same hardness, and keeping the bars dry helps a lot with waste. It might not actually be a Prime Day sale, but I need them anyway.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0B2NV4F6S/ref=ox_sc_act_image_3?smid=A2ATOXETW3JDYW&psc=1

In shopping for a soap dish, I ran across drying stones, and I think I am going to get a corner shaped one to put under our waterpik. I am getting a two pack in hopes that I can fit one over the corner of the kitchen sink—it’s not a design that accommodates typical trays, and I think the feet will make it work around the sink rim.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CN6L4VCL/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=AQ6HUOVW7BCX8&psc=1

Angie of HotnFlashy posted a video with 60 of her Prime deal recommendations, and she also created an Amazon list of all the products she mentioned in the video as well as many others (~150 items).

A couple of her recommendations that I bought in the Prime sale last year and can also personally recommend:

REVLON One Step Volumizer Plus Hair Dryer and Styler   I am not coordinated enough to use a brush in one hand and a hairdryer in the other hand to style my hair, so this dryer-brush has been awesome for quickly drying and straightening my hair plus adding a bit of volume. If I let my hair air dry, it often looks flat on top and poofy on the bottom, and this solves that issue in a super easy-to-use way. The sale price of $32.50 is even less than I paid during last year's Prime sale ($39), and it has a 4.6 star rating based on nearly half a million reviews.

Shiatsu massager with infrared heat  Angie raved about this one, and after buying one for myself, I loved it so much I bought 2 more for my kids. Surprisingly effective for being so cheap ($30).  4.4 star rating based on 26K reviews.

Apple Watch series 9 is $280 (MSRP $399). I wasn't sure how much I would really use mine, but I absolutely love it, especially the fact that I can answer texts and phone calls from anywhere in the house or yard without having to always carry my phone with me.

Also,  the Ancestry DNA + Traits Genetic Test Kit is on sale for $39 (regular price is $119).

Edited by Corraleno
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've also used it to order things I buy repeatedly, such as, Litter Genie refills, WOW Dream Coat for my hair, and shorts for DH. Other than that, my grandson's birthday is in a couple of weeks so I picked up a couple of toys and books for him. Nothing that was a really big savings but still was better than normal.

• Like 1

I just bought table runners for dd’s wedding.  They are cheaper and better color match than what she was looking at elsewhere.

If anyone sees 8 ft ivory tablecloths that aren’t plastic, let me know.  This wedding stuff I’d getting $$$.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corraleno said:

REVLON One Step Volumizer Plus Hair Dryer and Styler   I am not coordinated enough to use a brush in one hand and a hairdryer in the other hand to style my hair, so this dryer-brush has been awesome for quickly drying and straightening my hair plus adding a bit of volume. If I let my hair air dry, it often looks flat on top and poofy on the bottom, and this solves that issue in a super easy-to-use way. The sale price of $32.50 is even less than I paid during last year's Prime sale ($39), and it has a 4.6 star rating based on nearly half a million reviews.

Just bought one, thanks! 🙂 Have been wanting one for quite a while. 

• Like 1

Just ordered an electric kettle.  There were several on sale and I have been wanting to try one.  Hopefully it won't just be something else to sit on my counter.

Edited by Tenaj
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tenaj said:

Just ordered an electric kettle.  There were several on sale and I have been wanting to try one.  Hopefully it won't just be something else to sit on my counter.

I love my electric kettle

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TechWife said:

Azul Expansion packs are also on sale

One of my young adults has the main Azul game, but I have never played it. What expansion pack would folksrecommend?

12 hours ago, itsheresomewhere said:

Fantastic deals on Amazon fresh.  Along with some Brooks shoes, a pair of adidas for DS, a new pair of water shoes to motivate me for water aerobics.  And I splurged on myself and bought an echo show the big one.  One of my clients has it and I really like using it at her house. 

I think I am just too dumb to use those things.   I can't figure out how to use them.

15 hours ago, MercyA said:

In the "what were they thinking?" category, for only $6.79 your kids' fashion dolls can dress like they work in the Playboy Mansion:

Playboy Mansion.. I never made it thsre, but,I  did go the Playboy Club that was in Century City/los Angeles around 1980. My friend had dinner vouchers that were typically given to guest of the Mansion. I forgot how he got them. The bunnies saw the vouchers and assumed we had just left the Mansion. We got great seats and 1st class servce the whole evening.

• Like 2

I’m mostly getting things I’d buy anyway, but at better prices right now. 

1) Sensodyne ProEnamel toothpaste 3-pack (good price)

2) Clinique Take the Day Off (the big tub is a great discount right now)

3) Marine Collagen (again, great price)

4)maaaaybe get myself an echo dot. 

• Like 1

I just got the styling blow dryer @Corralenomentioned above. I am anxious to try it! 

I bought All Good Tinted Sunscreen for half price. I wear this instead of makeup because I need the zinc oxide. I'm in front of the computer a lot with my job, and that blocks the blue light from devices. 

I bought this tile scrubber to hopefully clean our shower more easily. 

• Like 3

I wasn't looking for prime deals - but found some

bought a wyze battery cam (on the wyze site - but goes through prime) almost 2 for 1.  (I wanted one to aim at our suet feeder so dh could watch them from his computer, and . . . I can charge it via solar panel since there's no where to plug it in.)
I need to do wifi boosters - and 1ds sent me a link to what he recommended.  It just happened to be 36% off for prime day. 
outdoor motion floods with solar panels were 50% off.  I've had them in my cart for months.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mmasc said:

I’m mostly getting things I’d buy anyway, but at better prices right now. 

2) Clinique Take the Day Off (the big tub is a great discount right now)

Oh, I'm almost out of this. I'll grab some. Thanks.

• Like 1

So I'm making sourdough starter and then bread for the first time ever. I was planning to use a wide-mouth quart jar for the starter. Last night I hit the stage of turning the seed culture into the starter (I'm just following Peter Reinhart step by step--Artisan Bread Everday book). When I added the 12 oz of flour and cup of water, it was more dough than I expected. There would not be room in the jar for it to double, so I had to use my Pampered Chef batter bowl which I am not willing to hand over to long term storage. And that's the backstory for me heading to Amazon and ordering a sourdough starter jar. I put 3 in my cart before deciding the 34 oz cheaper ones wouldn't be any better than the jar, and the 50 oz one is supposed to get here Thursday. Just 20% off and twice as much as the cheapies. Hope the sourdough becomes a habit around here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CZTY289B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ali in OR said:

So I'm making sourdough starter and then bread for the first time ever. I was planning to use a wide-mouth quart jar for the starter. Last night I hit the stage of turning the seed culture into the starter (I'm just following Peter Reinhart step by step--Artisan Bread Everday book). When I added the 12 oz of flour and cup of water, it was more dough than I expected. There would not be room in the jar for it to double, so I had to use my Pampered Chef batter bowl which I am not willing to hand over to long term storage. And that's the backstory for me heading to Amazon and ordering a sourdough starter jar. I put 3 in my cart before deciding the 34 oz cheaper ones wouldn't be any better than the jar, and the 50 oz one is supposed to get here Thursday. Just 20% off and twice as much as the cheapies. Hope the sourdough becomes a habit around here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CZTY289B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't understand why you need such a huge jar for your starter —  I keep mine in a wide mouth pint jar. I keep around 150g of starter, 100g of which goes into the bread and then the remaining 50g gets fed with 50g of water and 50g of flour, so the jar always has ~150g of starter. I mostly use whole wheat flour in my starter, but even if I use 100% high-protein white bread flour (so lots of gluten) and leave it in a hot area so it triples in volume, it still doesn't overflow a pint jar.

(ETA: You will LOVE the dough whisk that comes with that kit!)

Edited by Corraleno
  • Like 1

The kids burn through safety gear working in machine shops. We found protective face shields for 65% off and a couple of pairs of safety goggles for about 50% off. We’re hoping the goggles will protect better than the safety glasses they had been wearing—dd gets eye irritation from fumes at times and she spends 30-40 hours a week in the shop for her competitive hobby during the school year.

I wasn't planning on shopping for Prime Day but I just got 8 pairs of Hanes period underwear, in various cuts, absorbencies and sizes to try out for $45. I needed some new undies anyways and decided to try period underwear to go with the new period cups I just bought a couple of weeks ago after reading the tampon thread here on the boards.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Corraleno said:

I don't understand why you need such a huge jar for your starter —  I keep mine in a wide mouth pint jar. I keep around 150g of starter, 100g of which goes into the bread and then the remaining 50g gets fed with 50g of water and 50g of flour, so the jar always has ~150g of starter. I mostly use whole wheat flour in my starter, but even if I use 100% high-protein white bread flour (so lots of gluten) and leave it in a hot area so it triples in volume, it still doesn't overflow a pint jar.

(ETA: You will LOVE the dough whisk that comes with that kit!)

I am following a recipe as I don't really know how to do this. And it made much more than I anticipated.