Menu

A sad day

fairfarmhand

It's a rough day here. Some family mess is all shaking out and the people involved are not willing to work on the issues so the problems just sit there. And it makes me so so very sad. 

I don't even know why I'm posting. I'm just feeling very alone and discouraged. And so very sad. 

• Sad 72

9 minutes ago, katilac said:

I'm sorry. I'd be upset for my birthday kid, too. 

Sometimes I wish that smacking people in the head would shake them out of a mental glitch, like we used to smack old TVs when they glitched (I think you're old enough to remember that). 

I am old enough to remember that, and I've done it many times. And yes, I wish I could just smack someone and they'd shake their head and go, Oh. Yes, I see now.

• Like 5

Was watching the last hobbit movie and I began sobbing when the elf Tauriel weeps beside Killis body. This exchange gutted me.

Tauriel: If this is love, I don’t want it. Take it away, please! Why does it hurt so much?
Thranduil: Because it was real.

This is it. Loving people can be so painful sometimes.

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

Goodness. And here I am posting my happy wedding thread. I'm so sorry. I can certainly identify with that sort of brokenness and it's heartbreaking. One of the reasons my dd wants a tiny wedding is because of our estrangement with my parents. So even in this happy time there is sadness mixed in. Hoping you can find some peace during this time. 

Yesterday was my birthday too and I thought it was a bad day because I was having my worst day of Covid so far. It was a lonely, not feel good, kind of day. But the day your child was having was so much worse and I'm so sorry for that. These kinds of things are so much harder for us moms because not only are we hurting for ourselves but we are hurting for our kids too. I'm hoping today is a better day. If not good, at least better than yesterday. Hugs to you all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stephanier.1765 said:

Yesterday was my birthday too and I thought it was a bad day because I was having my worst day of Covid so far. It was a lonely, not feel good, kind of day. But the day your child was having was so much worse and I'm so sorry for that. These kinds of things are so much harder for us moms because not only are we hurting for ourselves but we are hurting for our kids too. I'm hoping today is a better day. If not good, at least better than yesterday. Hugs to you all.

That sounds like a really bad day too. I hope you’re soon feeling better! And happy birthday! I hope you get a do over birthday when you feel good enough to celebrate.

Edited by fairfarmhand
  • Thanks 1