Menu

Personal SARS-COV-2 vaccination experiences

JennyD

10 minutes ago, SKL said:

Just checked the CDC website and it says that per data as of April 20, about 1% of breakthrough Covid cases have resulted in death.  That is not low compared to the overall CFR for Covid.

I think people should know this is a possibility.  Knowing this, people would probably take more precautions around at-risk individuals, even post-vaccination.

I think this is exactly the reason why they're saying you shouldn't just go living large even once you've been vaxxed.  We need to reach herd immunity before we can let our guard down more.

I will be fairly comfortable letting my guard down a bit in smaller gatherings where everyone is fully vaxed.  But large gatherings and out in the general public, I will be staying standard cautious.

• Like 8

Just now, Matryoshka said:

I will be fairly comfortable letting my guard down a bit in smaller gatherings where everyone is fully vaxed.  But large gatherings and out in the general public, I will be staying standard cautious.

Yeah, same. 

I'm looking forward to getting food in an outdoor restaurant and having masked playdates post-vaccine. That's about our level of loosening up 😛 . (Oh, and we'll have a vaccinated babysitter come in.) 

23 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

"I know one person who has a relative who supposedly died of covid after being vaccinated" is not a "personal vaccination experience."

Saying that because you know someone who knows someone who supposedly had that experience, it makes you doubt the data from multiple countries on literally millions of vaccine doses makes no sense.

I think it's time to start asking for studies proving that the CFR for Covid in vaccinated people is a tiny fraction of the (current) CFR for Covid in non-vaccinated people.  All I've seen in support of this belief is anecdotal info.

36 minutes ago, SKL said:

Just checked the CDC website and it says that per data as of April 20, about 1% of breakthrough Covid cases have resulted in death.

That is 1% of the 0.008% who had documented breakthrough cases, or 0.0001% of fully vaccinated people who died of covid. 

(moved to the vaccine thread)

Edited by Corraleno
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SKL said:

I think it's time to start asking for studies proving that the CFR for Covid in vaccinated people is a tiny fraction of the (current) CFR for Covid in non-vaccinated people.  All I've seen in support of this belief is anecdotal info.

Why do you figure that should be true? That actually runs counter to my intuition, because I expect breakthrough cases in people with immune issues. 

• Like 1

Just now, Not_a_Number said:

Yeah, same. 

I'm looking forward to getting food in an outdoor restaurant and having masked playdates post-vaccine. That's about our level of loosening up 😛 . (Oh, and we'll have a vaccinated babysitter come in.) 

Yeah, indoor dining will still be out for me.  But I will admit to plan to throw caution to the wind and go back to my fitness studio -they are requiring masks and have installed air filtration with virus zapping, as well as having barriers between each spaced-out station.  I wasn't going to risk it even with all that before being fully vaxed, but that's my one thing I'm going to let my guard down on...   I am so.over. home workouts!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corraleno said:

That is 1% of the 0.008% who had documented breakthrough cases, or 0.0001% of fully vaccinated people who died of covid. I'll take those odds any day!

In all likelihood, the % of breakthrough cases is much higher than 0.008%. Let's assume the true rate is more like 5%, which would suggest 4.35 million breakthrough cases out of 87 million fully vaccinated patients. The 88 patients who died after being vaccinated represent 0.002% of breakthrough cases, which is significantly lower than the death rate for the unvaccinated.

Well, the true rate shouldn't be 5%, because most haven't been exposed yet... 

Just now, Matryoshka said:

Yeah, indoor dining will still be out for me.  But I will admit to plan to throw caution to the wind and go back to my fitness studio -they are requiring masks and have installed air filtration with virus zapping, as well as having barriers between each spaced-out station.  I wasn't going to risk it even with all that before being fully vaxed, but that's my one thing I'm going to let my guard down on...   I am so.over. home workouts!

DH was going to go to the gym. He really misses his gym. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SKL said:

4 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

That is 1% of the 0.008% who had documented breakthrough cases, or 0.0001% of fully vaccinated people who died of covid. I'll take those odds any day!

In all likelihood, the % of breakthrough cases is much higher than 0.008%. Let's assume the true rate is more like 5%, which would suggest 4.35 million breakthrough cases out of 87 million fully vaccinated patients. The 88 patients who died after being vaccinated represent 0.002% of breakthrough cases, which is significantly lower than the death rate for the unvaccinated.

I don't like to play moderator (not my place), but . . .  there is a vaccine thread for discussing vaccine stats, studies and things like that. This one is supposed to be about personal vaccination experiences. Can we please keep it that way? I'm going to hit "submit" and then come back and edit this with a link to the vaccine thread.

ETA --

Edited by Pawz4me
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Pawz4me said:

I don't like to play moderator (not my place), but . . .  there is a vaccine thread for discussing vaccine stats, studies and things like that. This one is supposed to be about personal vaccination experiences. Can we please keep it that way? I'm going to hit "submit" and then come back and edit this with a link to the vaccine thread.

You're right. My bad. I shouldn't have responded to the initial comment casting doubt on vaccine efficacy. 

Edited by Not_a_Number
  • Like 1

Just now, Not_a_Number said:

Why do you figure that should be true? That actually runs counter to my intuition, because I expect breakthrough cases in people with immune issues. 

People keep posting about how even if you do get Covid after a vax, the vax will work to make it a very mild case.  People are posting that they observe that nobody hospitalized for Covid has been vaccinated.  This is apparently untrue, misleading, and dangerous.

1 minute ago, SKL said:

People keep posting about how even if you do get Covid after a vax, the vax will work to make it a very mild case.  People are posting that they observe that nobody hospitalized for Covid has been vaccinated.  This is apparently untrue, misleading, and dangerous.

Let's move to the other thread, if you don't mind. And then we can talk about this data, which is interesting. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

ETA --

11 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

You're right. My bad. I shouldn't have responded to the initial comment casting doubt on vaccine efficacy. 

I don’t know about anyone else, but I keep forgetting which thread I’m in, so that may be why we get off of the original intent of this thread sometimes.

Thanks to Pawz for pointing out that this is the personal experiences thread! I am following all of the Covid threads and I have to admit that they are starting to blend together in my mind!

• Like 7

I am an old time boardie who has chosen to lurk this year for the covid info. I felt like I should come out of hiding for this thread so NotaNumber can add my data to her compilation.

I had my 2nd dose of Moderna yesterday. Unfortunately, I agreed to let a student nurse practice on my arm. Got a "scared to do it" slow push through the skin instead of a jab and a lot of painful jiggling of the needle due to shaking hands. Poor guy. He was practically in tears when he saw the blood and realized I was going to bruise pretty badly. The RN supervising was actually chatting with someone else, so not helpful. 

At any rate, I had sore arm and strong fatigue that resolved within 48 hrs with the first dose. I am not getting that lucky this time. My arm has a visible, hard knot, tingling and numbness when not on fire. Tylenol and anything else over the counter does not abate it at all. Ice helps, but only limited because the pain is so bad I can tolerate the ice pack against it for at most three or four minutes. I am currently running a fever of 103F and just woke up from a five hour nap. I am home alone so going six hours without something to drink has resulted in some dehydration. I have gone to refill my water bottle, which made me cold so my teeth are chattering, and am back in bed where I belong. Despite the hassle of being sick and in pain - totally normal for me, my body goes bananas over any vax - I am elated! We can breathe easy.

Dh had JnJ and one would have thought he did not even get a shot. Typical for him. Middle son had JnJ at his grad school campus before the pause. Youngest and eldest sons have appointments next week on Friday for Pfizer. Youngest needed to wait until after his last final exam in case he does a repeat of me. Eldest boy had his master's thesis to submit this month and has secluded himself from the world until he submits it Tuesday. He has been a vaccine reactive, miserable person his whole life. Every single vaccine. Poor guy. Since we will be gone, he is going to grandma's house post vaccine. This is the boy that had a fever of 104.5 and tried sleeping for 18 hrs straight after his measles booster to move to campus as an undergraduate. He sleeps so deep, it is difficult to wake him, so grandma knows to wake him up frequently to force fluids.

Both of the grandmas had Pfizer in Jan/Feb. Our daughter and son in law each have their first doses. So this just leaves our two young grandsons. But now we will be able to gather safely and enjoy time with them because we will all be protecting them with our vaxes. I cannot wait for our summer family camping trip! N is a real miniature fisherman and has lots of plans for being on the boat with his PapaM (Dh).

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, SKL said:

You are totally in the right to share your experiences AND your opinion, AND information from a less positive viewpoint. People can’t have truly informed consent unless they know all sides.

On 4/20/2021 at 6:08 PM, Catwoman said:

I would have saved the mask as a souvenir, but I’m an idiot like that.

I DID NOT save my bandaid from when I got my shot because that would have been weird. I DIDN’T!!!!!  🤞 😄

and  didn't save peed on pregnancy tests for years....

On 4/22/2021 at 3:00 PM, happi duck said:

Moderna dose #2 fifty minutes ago!

Around 30 minutes post shot my cheeks got flushed (warm and red).  Anyone else? (Seems to be calming down already)

I warned my family that I am doing nothing for a few days!

yes, I got a flushed, hot face both times

1 hour ago, SKL said:

Do you want personal experiences or not?  The title of this thread is "personal experiences."  Perhaps the title should be edited to clarify that only sunshine and rainbow reports are acceptable.

You are pretty much outright accusing me of either lying or trying to mislead on something very important.  That is not OK.  Even if your intent is to shut out a voice that you disagree with.

Personal experiences are welcome. Equating that with falsified data is a whole different thing. 

1 hour ago, SKL said:

Just checked the CDC website and it says that per data as of April 20, about 1% of breakthrough Covid cases have resulted in death.  That is not low compared to the overall CFR for Covid.

I think people should know this is a possibility.  Knowing this, people would probably take more precautions around at-risk individuals, even post-vaccination.

But the number of people GETTING the disease is much lower, so that is 1% of a much smaller number. But some of the people with breakthrough are people who have such a weakened immune system they don't respond properly to vaccines. We know that. That's why the rest of us getting immunized is so important - the ones that need the vaccine the most are the ones who will have the weakest response to it. That's true of ALL vaccines, and not new info. 

And the CDC has been telling people to continue to take precautions until we get to herd immunity. 

48 minutes ago, SKL said:

That's not the point of the vaccine. You want to compare fatality of people exposed to Covid, not just those that catch it. 

43 minutes ago, SKL said:

IN ALMOST ALL CASES it prevent serious illness/death. No one has EVER claimed that there will never ever ever be anyone ever that gets sick and/or dies who is vaccinated. No vaccine in the history of vaccination can do that. 

• Like 5

Add me to the "mid cycle bleeding" side effect post Covid. 

Now, I'm on birth control, and have a history of it eventually not working right, an dhaving to drop down to a 21 day cycle versus 28 day cycle if I want to not have spotting...so maybe this is just that happening again and it is coincidence....but given others experiences, could certainly be from the vaccine I guess. I don't know HOW, lol, but cycles are weird. Like, no one told me until right before I had surgery that surgery is known to bring on bleeding in women, even if they are not due for their period. So, same idea maybe?

50 minutes ago, Masers said:

You are totally in the right to share your experiences AND your opinion, AND information from a less positive viewpoint. People can’t have truly informed consent unless they know all sides.

Actually, opinions are totally irrelevant to informed consent. Data isn’t. 

Edited by Not_a_Number

30 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Now, I'm on birth control, and have a history of it eventually not working right, an dhaving to drop down to a 21 day cycle versus 28 day cycle if I want to not have spotting...so maybe this is just that happening again and it is coincidence....but given others experiences, could certainly be from the vaccine I guess. I don't know HOW, lol, but cycles are weird. Like, no one told me until right before I had surgery that surgery is known to bring on bleeding in women, even if they are not due for their period. So, same idea maybe?

Oh great. I already in late stage peri-menopausal weirdness. Just got my 2nd dose. May the "guess if the monthly fairy is visiting this month or not" games begin. Covid everything just sucks!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Dr Jen Gunter has written some about this.  https://vajenda.substack.com/p/the-covid-19-vaccine-and-menstrual

I found it fascinating, particularly the bit about the endometrium being tied into the immune system.  Which makes sense given that it manages a massive bleeding wound every 28 days without a statistically significant rate of infection, but I’d never thought of it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

I am an old time boardie who has chosen to lurk this year for the covid info. I felt like I should come out of hiding for this thread so NotaNumber can add my data to her compilation.

I had my 2nd dose of Moderna yesterday. Unfortunately, I agreed to let a student nurse practice on my arm. Got a "scared to do it" slow push through the skin instead of a jab and a lot of painful jiggling of the needle due to shaking hands. Poor guy. He was practically in tears when he saw the blood and realized I was going to bruise pretty badly. The RN supervising was actually chatting with someone else, so not helpful. 

At any rate, I had sore arm and strong fatigue that resolved within 48 hrs with the first dose. I am not getting that lucky this time. My arm has a visible, hard knot, tingling and numbness when not on fire. Tylenol and anything else over the counter does not abate it at all. Ice helps, but only limited because the pain is so bad I can tolerate the ice pack against it for at most three or four minutes. I am currently running a fever of 103F and just woke up from a five hour nap. I am home alone so going six hours without something to drink has resulted in some dehydration. I have gone to refill my water bottle, which made me cold so my teeth are chattering, and am back in bed where I belong. Despite the hassle of being sick and in pain - totally normal for me, my body goes bananas over any vax - I am elated! We can breathe easy.

Dh had JnJ and one would have thought he did not even get a shot. Typical for him. Middle son had JnJ at his grad school campus before the pause. Youngest and eldest sons have appointments next week on Friday for Pfizer. Youngest needed to wait until after his last final exam in case he does a repeat of me. Eldest boy had his master's thesis to submit this month and has secluded himself from the world until he submits it Tuesday. He has been a vaccine reactive, miserable person his whole life. Every single vaccine. Poor guy. Since we will be gone, he is going to grandma's house post vaccine. This is the boy that had a fever of 104.5 and tried sleeping for 18 hrs straight after his measles booster to move to campus as an undergraduate. He sleeps so deep, it is difficult to wake him, so grandma knows to wake him up frequently to force fluids.

Both of the grandmas had Pfizer in Jan/Feb. Our daughter and son in law each have their first doses. So this just leaves our two young grandsons. But now we will be able to gather safely and enjoy time with them because we will all be protecting them with our vaxes. I cannot wait for our summer family camping trip! N is a real miniature fisherman and has lots of plans for being on the boat with his PapaM (Dh).

Your reaction sounds like my brother's 2nd Moderna shot. His doctor suggested 600 mg of Tylenol and warm compresses on the injection site. He ran a fever of 102.5 on and off for about 3 days. He also broke out in what looked like a red, streaky rash but said it didn't itch. It took about 4-5 days for my brother to feel better. I hope your symptoms pass quickly!

6 hours ago, wendyroo said:

I was nauseous, had a headache, and felt confused...like my mind had a hard time understanding and coming to grips with information, even simple things like what time it was or which drawer my pants were in.

As the day went on my arm got better and the rest of me got worse. By noon, only the injection site was still sore, but I was very nauseous, had a horrible migraine, felt like I had a fever (I didn't, but I felt hot and cold and trembly), and still felt very tired and confused.

My husband took the afternoon off, and I laid in a miserable heap in my bed, exhausted, but in too much pain to sleep. I fitfully dozed from noon until 6 this morning.

Today my arm is all the way back to normal. My stomach is fine, but my head still hurts a bit and is much fuzzier than normal. I'm hoping that a good night of sleep will have me all the way back to normal tomorrow.

I definitely had the fuzzy brain, in addition to flu-like symptoms. Huge relief to wake up on day 4 post-vaccine thinking and feeling clearly again. 

Hope you're feeling much better soon. 

• Like 3

I had my 2nd Moderna Wed morning, it is now Friday night. I had a pretty strong negative reaction to this second shot. I spent all day yesterday in bed. Wednesday night I was freezing all night, despite having five blankets on, plus sweatshirt and yoga pants. I went to work today but I did not feel that good and I went home at 3pm. I have been mostly in bed since then. 

My head hurts, I have no energy, I have a bit of a cough and I feel dizzy or spacey. I found it hard to concentrate on work. My problem-solving skills seem hampered. And I tried to listen to an audiobook on finances but it seemed too cerebral and I quit it after about four minutes. I switched to some cheesy movie from the early nineties. 

I am hoping I will feel better tommorow. My kids are coming home Sunday to celebrate April birthdays. 

• Sad 7

34 minutes ago, Quill said:

I had my 2nd Moderna Wed morning, it is now Friday night. I had a pretty strong negative reaction to this second shot. I spent all day yesterday in bed. Wednesday night I was freezing all night, despite having five blankets on, plus sweatshirt and yoga pants. I went to work today but I did not feel that good and I went home at 3pm. I have been mostly in bed since then. 

My head hurts, I have no energy, I have a bit of a cough and I feel dizzy or spacey. I found it hard to concentrate on work. My problem-solving skills seem hampered. And I tried to listen to an audiobook on finances but it seemed too cerebral and I quit it after about four minutes. I switched to some cheesy movie from the early nineties. 

I am hoping I will feel better tommorow. My kids are coming home Sunday to celebrate April birthdays. 

Right there with you! Ugh. Just ugh. I mean better than the disease for sure. But I had 2md dose Moderna yesterday and am getting worse not better. Be kind to yourself!

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

DD19 had her first Pfizer shot yesterday morning and worked a full day afterwards with no problem. She said her arm was pretty sore yesterday, but it's only a little sore today, and she's had no other symptoms.

One thing that all three of us did was make sure to drink tons of water the day before, day of, and day after the shot. I don't know if that made a difference or we just got lucky, but none of us had headaches or body aches or anything other than a sore arm. I guess we'll see how Round 2 goes next week!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, kand said:

It seems like with the timing, surely your reaction is to the vaccine, but this part stood out to me. Everything I’ve read so far has said that a cough is not a side effect of the vaccine. It makes sense that it shouldn’t be, since it’s not producing any actual virus to go into your lungs. Anyway, just thinking you might keep an eye on that. It sounds miserable and I hope you feel all better when you wake up in the morning. You guys are dampening my excitement for my second Moderna, lol. Cant wait to be done with it, though. 
Eta: here’s a side effect chart I found:

https://uhs.berkeley.edu/sites/default/files/covid-vaccine-post-sideeffects.pdf
covid-vaccine-post-sideeffects.pdf

Well, it did cross my mind that, if these are the symptoms I had had with the first dose, while my husband was quarantined COVID+ in the basement, I would have thought I had it too. 

I pretty much always have a bit of an allergic cough when the trees are blooming, though. I wondered last spring when we couldnt get tested. 

But thank you for looking out for me. I still have a darn headache this morning. Im hoping to feel much better today. 

2 hours ago, Quill said:

But thank you for looking out for me. I still have a darn headache this morning. Im hoping to feel much better today. 

Me too. I got my second Pfizer on Wed. afternoon. Thursday was miserable. Friday I started at 75%, but lost ground as the day went on and my head and stomach felt worse and the exhaustion swamped me. This morning my head still aches and my whole body just feels tingly and wrong...maybe because I'm not eating and drinking normally due to the mild but persistent nausea.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

20 hours ago, Soror said:

Dh is at 21 hours out from the second shot and is coming home after a half day at work. He has fatigue, aches, feels hot, and a headache.

As of yesterday evening dh had body aches, headache and chills. He had some fatigue and took a nap. If he had a fever it was mild and short lived I couldn't get him to take his temperature and he said he felt normal in the evening. He is still sleeping this am.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wendyroo said:

Me too. I got my second Pfizer on Wed. afternoon. Thursday was miserable. Friday I started at 75%, but lost ground as the day went on and my head and stomach felt worse and the exhaustion swamped me. This morning my head still aches and my whole body just feels tingly and wrong...maybe because I'm not eating and drinking normally due to the mild but persistent nausea.

I hope you feel better soon! 

I got my second Pfizer shot four days ago.  I didn’t have any side effects from  either shot, except the normal sore arm.  My parents didn’t have any side effects from either of their Pfizer shots either a couple of months ago.

• Like 9

I get my second Pfizer tomorrow afternoon.  I had basically no symptoms from the first (that couldn't be explained by my usual allergies or achiness) and I'm really really hoping the second goes the same way.   We are having dinner for my daughter's birthday tomorrow evening and I will be teaching my normal schedule all next week. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wheres Toto said:

I get my second Pfizer tomorrow afternoon.  I had basically no symptoms from the first (that couldn't be explained by my usual allergies or achiness) and I'm really really hoping the second goes the same way.   We are having dinner for my daughter's birthday tomorrow evening and I will be teaching my normal schedule all next week. 

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, although I have to say, that doesn't seem to be how it's going for most people... 

• Like 1

DH had his second Pfizer 2 days ago. Yesterday he was lethargic and tired—he took 2 naps and went to bed early— and he was really cold all day, but he tried to shrug it off as anything but the vaccine (after listening to me warn him about side effects and what other people are experiencing). 🤷‍♀️

Today he’s back to normal. 

Edited by MEmama
  • Like 5

55 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, although I have to say, that doesn't seem to be how it's going for most people... 

Thank you.   Yeah, there seems to be a lot more not great reactions posted in the past week or so.  I was feeing optimistic the week before.  😝

I've never had a bad vaccine reaction to anything, plus Benedryl and Advil are definitely my friends, plus I plan to drink lots of water and keep the arm moving like I did after my first one.   I'm hoping all that helps.   I'm getting all my classes fully planned out and set up before tomorrow so I just have to get through teaching them, keeping activities/labs simple, and Monday I have teenagers so if I have to, can sit down some.   I cancelled my drop-in class Tuesday mornings for this week so I can go in later if I need to.   And I can come home and basically crash every day if I need to. 

I also plan to make sure I'm eating small amounts of mild, stomach settling foods all day long which will likely blow up my diet but I tend to get nauseous easily if I forget to eat so making sure I have a plan will hopefully help that too.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wendyroo said:

Pretty much exactly the same here, except I do have more energy back today. 

On the upside, I finally weighed in at my fantasy goal weight, though that’s probably because I barely have eaten anything since Wed morning. 😉 I’ve had two PBJ sandwiches, a lot of bagel chips, a banana and a protein bar. Mmm. (Not) 

• Like 1

I got my 2nd Moderna shot on Thursday at 8 am.   Mild sore arm that was mostly on Friday and that was it.  Today no sore arm at all.  Nothing else.   

Dh did the same and had no reaction to either shot.  Not even the sore arm. 

Is there any more information on the thoughts of who reacts badly?  The last I had heard a few months ago was that women had more reactions then men.  And that if you did have covid it was a worse reaction.  

• Like 4

Update:

My fever broke at 3 am EST. Then I was able to sleep until 8 am. I feel much better, and the arm is not nearly as bad as yesterday. But the whole thing just wiped me out. I feel so tired. I have decided to do a couple loads of laundry, but otherwise just chill, read books, watch movies.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

Update:

My fever broke at 3 am EST. Then I was able to sleep until 8 am. I feel much better, and the arm is not nearly as bad as yesterday. But the whole thing just wiped me out. I feel so tired. I have decided to do a couple loads of laundry, but otherwise just chill, read books, watch movies.

That's my plan for Monday and Tuesday, frankly. I'm going to lie in bed and DH is going to watch the kids. It's the nice thing about a husband with a flexible job 😛 . (The less nice thing is that he works whenever he can, including weekends and nights.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dh and I had our 2nd Pfizer yesterday afternoon. We both have mildly sore arms today (less than with first shot though). We’re both tired and achy, just kind of feel blah. Not horrible. I could work if I had too, but glad it’s Saturday, and I can take a nap. I had a headache with the first shot, but not so far with the second. (I’m late 40’s and dh is mid-fifties). 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Thank you.   Yeah, there seems to be a lot more not great reactions posted in the past week or so.  I was feeing optimistic the week before.  😝

I've never had a bad vaccine reaction to anything, plus Benedryl and Advil are definitely my friends, plus I plan to drink lots of water and keep the arm moving like I did after my first one.   I'm hoping all that helps.   I'm getting all my classes fully planned out and set up before tomorrow so I just have to get through teaching them, keeping activities/labs simple, and Monday I have teenagers so if I have to, can sit down some.   I cancelled my drop-in class Tuesday mornings for this week so I can go in later if I need to.   And I can come home and basically crash every day if I need to. 

I also plan to make sure I'm eating small amounts of mild, stomach settling foods all day long which will likely blow up my diet but I tend to get nauseous easily if I forget to eat so making sure I have a plan will hopefully help that too.   

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't have any strong reactions to my second dose of Pfizer other than a sore arm and maybe slight tiredness.  I did take an ibuprofen at one point, but I think that was allergy related more than vaccine related, but hard to tell.  But regardless, it didn't really affect my ability to function.  

• Like 6

Second moderna was Thursday.  Friday I felt awful.  Completely exhausted and feverish.  I slept fitfully.  My injection site is raised and red.

I'm still tired but feel better overall.

I need to make some doctor appointments.  Does anyone remember how many weeks for moderna to fully kick in?  I asked the nurse but I don't remember!

15 minutes ago, happi duck said:

I need to make some doctor appointments.  Does anyone remember how many weeks for moderna to fully kick in?  I asked the nurse but I don't remember!

You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after your second dose.  🙂

Glad you are feeling better.  

• Thanks 1