Menu

Personal SARS-COV-2 vaccination experiences

JennyD

Y’all.  This was bad.  I think I’m on the tail end of it, thank you Jesus.  I have been out of bed twice today to use the bathroom.  Otherwise I’ve been in bed pouring sweat like dh did when he had covid.  My sheets and comforter may never be the same, I’ll have to use vinegar on them.  I’ve never sweat like that before.  My head is hurts and I just took an imitrex.  I’ve been on tramadol, 800mg ibuprofen, tylenol, nothing has helped.  Each joint feels like someone literally hit it with something hard, my elbows, my shoulders, hips, everything.    Despite this I’m glad I got it. Because if this is how my body reacted to this little thing, can you imagine what it’d do if I had covid.  Omg.  I want to cry thinking about it.  
I do have fibro so maybe that’s why it’s so awful, idk.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 17

9 minutes ago, kand said:

Which shot did you have, and how long did your symptoms last?

Sorry, I forgot to say that’

Pfizer, second shot.  First was absolutely no side effects.  
I got second shot yeastersau at 11am and I woke up moaning at 115 this morning.   To tylenol. Nothing.  Took tramadOl as soon as I felt safe to.   I took ibuprofen 800 at some point and just took imitrex which seems to be helping 🙌🏽

• Like 1

I’ve heard a lot of people say they didn’t feel the shot go in their arm, it was so easy. 

I got my shot today (yay!), but BOY did I feel it! 

The lady jabbed me and there was a much bigger blossom of pain than I expected and I thought, “Holy moley! She just injected that into my bone!” 

And at the same time, she blinked and exclaimed, “Whoa! You have like, no fat on your arm! That went right through the skin really fast!”

I think she jabbed pretty hard thinking she had to get deep in there or get through layers of fat and muscle something, but it was just my scrawny skin and bones. 

——

And dang it...I just googled to see if it’s even possible to inject a vaccine into the bone...and it is. Sigh. I really hope it just felt like it went in that deep and didn’t literally. 

ETA:

Found the below. How much do you want to bet that all the needles they’re using for the vaccine are the ones for men weighing 152 -260 and not smaller women? 

In particular, a 16-mm (5/8-inch) needle should be chosen for patients weighing less than 60 kg (130 lb) and a 25-mm (1-inch) needle is appropriate for patients weighing 60 to 70 kg (130 to 152 lb).5 Women weighing 70 to 90 kg (152 to 200 lb) or men weighing 70 to 118 kg (152 to 260 lb) should receive injections with either a 25-mm (1-inch) or 38-mm (1.5-inch) needle.

Edited by Garga
  • Sad 9

Had Pfizer #2 yesterday. I started getting achy last evening, and I've taken tylenol or ibuprofen since then (tylenol is working better). I've been sleeping most of the day, and I feel like someone has removed my spine, lol! I have a headache on and off like I've slept too much, but I couldn't even think straight this AM after getting up. The achiness feels like rain is coming, so it could be worse. My skin is kind of sensitive. 

My arm is a little sore, but nothing remarkable.

Unlike the first shot, I did not get really itchy (so far), but I have been taking my max dose of allergy meds since the first shot.

My temperature has been up and down--95 something to 98 something. I run cold, and I tend to run even colder and then ping pong around when I am fighting off an illness. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Garga said:

ETA:

Found the below. How much do you want to bet that all the needles they’re using for the vaccine are the ones for men weighing 152 -260 and not smaller women? 

In particular, a 16-mm (5/8-inch) needle should be chosen for patients weighing less than 60 kg (130 lb) and a 25-mm (1-inch) needle is appropriate for patients weighing 60 to 70 kg (130 to 152 lb).5 Women weighing 70 to 90 kg (152 to 200 lb) or men weighing 70 to 118 kg (152 to 260 lb) should receive injections with either a 25-mm (1-inch) or 38-mm (1.5-inch) needle.

No! Wait!! I’m feeling a little better, because I just remembered something:

Ok...so I’m sitting there about to get my shot and there was background noise in the room and the nurse was masked and I couldn’t always make out what she said. But just before she reached for the needle she said, “I’m not gonna give you the big needle! Not the one that’ll go right through your arm!” 

And I thought she was making a little joke that she probably made to everyone so they’d relax for their shot. Banter, you know?

But now...I wonder if she literally did pick a smaller sized needle. And so maybe, even though it was jammed into my arm really fast and that’s what made it feel painful, it didn’t actually go into the bone. 

I’m feeling relieved thinking of that now.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 11

Five days past 2nd shot of Pfizer. I still have a tiny bit of COVID arm, but the itching is way down. I ended up with about four itchy red bumps on my vaccinated arm, along with maybe two bumps on my leg on the same side. I also had some itchiness on my face and scalp. 

Headache was mostly gone yesterday and is entirely gone today, I think.

Totally worth it!!! 👍

• Like 15

My parents, who are 80-85, have had both shots in early-mid March and had no symptoms at all, not even soreness. Not that I have anything but an anecdote, but they have been diligent for years in taking fish oil and a Vitamin D supplement. And they upped the Vitamin D this year since they were home so much. So we started up as well.

Yesterday DH got his first shot of Pfizer and has had no symptoms at all, so far anyway. I'm on Saturday so we'll see. I have more health problems than he does.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Spy Car said:

And--in the best news yet--I just scored an appointment for my 16 year old for to get his first shot of Pfizer this Friday.

I'm a happy man today.

Bill

The only anti-climatic aspect was that I had a plan this morning that I'd register with our healthcare provider and every pharmacy and outlet that is giving out shots, and I was primed to be ready when the clock struck midnight tonight to spring into action.

Instead, I checked first on MyTurn and immediately came up with options for plenty of appointments including one's for tomorrow (Day 1 of eligibility) minutes from our home. But Friday after school seemed perfect.

Almost too easy.

Bill

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Dreamergal said:

Anyone hear of tooth pain or other random dental issues as vaccine symptoms ? None of them who had them have dentures or work done except fillings. 

Been comparing notes with friends and happened more with the Pfizer. Not a large percentage but like the GI issues that were minor but present  in my "research" of symptoms among our group who got the vaccine, dental issues seemed to be present too. More like tooth pain, swelling of gums then they went away after 2 or 3 days. Not enough to go to the dentist but definitely noticeable.

Sometimes sinus infection can feel like dental pain so maybe some inflammation there might transfer a bit?

• Like 3

I should probably stop reading these.  Dd has her second Pfizer dose scheduled two days before her first final.  I already tried to move the date but Pfizer is really limited in my area and the only site that has it has a four day window for all second doses (they only did a four day run on dose one as well).  Dd is scheduled for day 2 of 4.  Even if I could somehow get her switched to day 1, which so far has been unsuccessful, that would still be too close to finals to deal with a bad reaction.  She had no reaction to the first dose.  Fingers crossed.  I am sure her professors would work with her if she does have a terrible reaction but it's the in-between reaction I worry about.  Not too sick to ask for accommodations but sick enough to make studying and having her best test days difficult.  She has always struggled with tests to begin with so this is not awesome and she is right on the edge of an A in one class.  The exam will be the final push one way or the other.  Still worth it though, even if she gets a B.  Had she not gotten it when she did, it could be a long long time as she is not yet 18 and we have so little Pfizer within a four hour radius.  Dh and I also get our second doses that day but nothing in our lives cannot be put on hold if necessary.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, kbutton said:

Had Pfizer #2 yesterday. I started getting achy last evening, and I've taken tylenol or ibuprofen since then (tylenol is working better). I've been sleeping most of the day, and I feel like someone has removed my spine, lol! I have a headache on and off like I've slept too much, but I couldn't even think straight this AM after getting up. The achiness feels like rain is coming, so it could be worse. My skin is kind of sensitive. 

Unlike the first shot, I did not get really itchy (so far), but I have been taking my max dose of allergy meds since the first shot.

My temperature has been up and down--95 something to 98 something. I run cold, and I tend to run even colder and then ping pong around when I am fighting off an illness. 

Much better today. I eventually developed a cough and congestion last night before bed. This AM, I feel mostly normal.

DS 16 had his shot yesterday. He felt pretty yuck in the middle of the night, and today he has a headache, but he's doing all his normal stuff (of his own volition). I told him he can nap today if he needs to, but he seems fine. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

my muscles are still hurting and I’m having pain in my armpits and along the sides of my boobs.  Why is that?  What can I take for that?  800 ibuprofen? 

I wonder if your lymph nodes are inflammed/responding to the vaccine. 

They told me I could take ibuprofen or tylenol if I became very uncomfortable, but not to do it unless I needed it--she said, for example, if my temperature gets to 102/103, I would want to medicate but probably  not for low grade fevers. 

3 minutes ago, sbgrace said:

I wonder if your lymph nodes are inflammed/responding to the vaccine. 

They told me I could take ibuprofen or tylenol if I became very uncomfortable, but not to do it unless I needed it--she said, for example, if my temperature gets to 102/103, I would want to medicate but probably  not for low grade fevers. 

Well my fever finally broke for good, I think, but the pain is still there.  It’s like it clenches and rolls, but not constant like last night.  I’ll try roughing it out, though.  I don’t want to screw up my vaccine, you know? 

wait!! Does that mean I shouldn’t have taken anything last night?  Did I screw something up?   I couldnt have stood the pain if I didn’t take something, I would’ve had to go to the ER for sure.   It was rolling and clenching from my waist up. 

Edited by WildflowerMom

5 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

Well my fever finally broke for good, I think, but the pain is still there.  It’s like it clenches and rolls, but not constant like last night.  I’ll try roughing it out, though.  I don’t want to screw up my vaccine, you know? 

wait!! Does that mean I shouldn’t have taken anything last night?  Did I screw something up?   I couldnt have stood the pain if I didn’t take something, I would’ve had to go to the ER for sure.   It was rolling and clenching from my waist up. 

No. It sounds like you really needed it. In studies the pre-dosing (before vaccines) slightly lowers the bodies response. I don't think they've shown the same after based on my research. Even if, it would still be effective enough. The effect is small, even in pre-dosing! I'm glad you're doing better. 

Edited by sbgrace
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well, I thought I wasn't having any symptoms (other than a little bit of arm soreness), and then I realized that my gums have been bleeding for the past two days when I brush my teeth.

After doing some late night googling last night, I am being vigilant in watching for other symptoms of thrombocytopenia.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n699/rr-6

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/08/health/immune-thrombocytopenia-covid-vaccine-blood.html

• Sad 6

19 hours ago, kbutton said:

I definitely haven't kept up with this thread, but I am interested in you mentioning being itchy. I had my first Pfizer on a Thursday and woke up Monday morning with itchy hands and feet, which eventually spread to lots of other areas, some of which had hives. I wasn't sure if it was because of the vaccine since I've been dealing with some other issues lately. My quick searching online didn't show others having hives/rashes after Pfizer, but now I wonder. Has anyone read this whole thread and seen this mentioned? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WildflowerMom said:

I have a lot of muscle cramping with my fibro.   Rolling and clenching sounds like that.  I would take magnesium.  I have built up a lot of tolerance for it.  I regularly drink Natural calm magnesium powder in water all day but there are pills too.    Also - are you on gabapentin for nerve pain?  You could also take curcumin (the active ingredient in tumeric) if you think that you are having inflammation.  All of these are things that I take for my fibro and took even before and after my vaccine.

(Note for later treatment for fibro:  I also have been helped a lot by low-dose naltrexone, Co-Q-10 at 400 mg, and animo acids.  I know that fibro treatment can be very individual but just thought that I'd throw that out there.  )

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WildflowerMom said:

They say not to take anything beforehand and it's best to wait until 4 hours after the vaccine.  I'm glad you took something to get some relief.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have a lot of muscle cramping with my fibro.   Rolling and clenching sounds like that.  I would take magnesium.  I have built up a lot of tolerance for it.  I regularly drink Natural calm magnesium powder in water all day but there are pills too.    Also - are you on gabapentin for nerve pain?  You could also take curcumin (the active ingredient in tumeric) if you think that you are having inflammation.  All of these are things that I take for my fibro and took even before and after my vaccine.

(Note for later treatment for fibro:  I also have been helped a lot by low-dose naltrexone, Co-Q-10 at 400 mg, and animo acids.  I know that fibro treatment can be very individual but just thought that I'd throw that out there.  )

Thank you!  I do have a little  natural calm, so I'll try that.  I need to get more, I didn't   consider magnesium for the muscle pain of fibro.   I was on gabapentin for a while and had a nervous breakdown and my rheumatologist thought it was the cause, so I can't be on that.  I have lyrica, though, so maybe I'll try it?   I only took it for a few days and then read about the incidence of weight gain and stopped, so I have some left.  I just took a tramadol though, so I'll wait until tonite.    I am taking double co-q-10 just to see if that helps.    

1 minute ago, WildflowerMom said:

Thank you!  I do have a little  natural calm, so I'll try that.  I need to get more, I didn't   consider magnesium for the muscle pain of fibro.   I was on gabapentin for a while and had a nervous breakdown and my rheumatologist thought it was the cause, so I can't be on that.  I have lyrica, though, so maybe I'll try it?   I only took it for a few days and then read about the incidence of weight gain and stopped, so I have some left.  I just took a tramadol though, so I'll wait until tonite.    I am taking double co-q-10 just to see if that helps.    

I would only do the Lyrica on advice of your physician.  It is related to gabapentin so I wouldn't just take it without medical advice specifically on how it might affect you similarly. 

PS - I am on gabapentin and I can't lose weight for the life of me. . .   Sigh.  But I miss a dose and my nerves are practically jumping out of my skin.  (Actual nerve pain - not feeling nervous.) 

But yes, magnesium.  The most that will do if you get too much is make you have diarrhea.  If that happens, just back off a bit on how much you are taking. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Joker2 said:

Dh had his second Pfizer yesterday and has had zero symptoms. He had none after the first one as well. I get my second one next week and two days later both dc get their first!

I spoke too soon. 😕 Dh is really tired, achy,  and nauseous. He’s trying to finish out his work day upstairs because he’s really busy but I have a feeling a nap is in his near future. Hopefully it doesn’t get worse for him.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, skimomma said:

Dd has her second Pfizer dose scheduled two days before her first final.

Pfizer is super limited in my state. They are only using Moderna here (except for some retail pharmacies). I was able to find dd#2 an appointment in a different state that did allow out of state people. I haven't scheduled her #2 because of finals. The plan is to push her second dose out a week (4 weeks vs 3) and get it right after her last final.

Dd#2 is in a different state & accidentally scheduled her second shot DURING her last final. So.... I have no idea if she can push it a couple hours out or not. Hoping she can. My second dose is due at the same time. My state's scheduling system is completely broken for scheduling second shots, so I'm hoping to grab a retail spot. Those only open up a few days before, so it'll be interesting...

Good luck to your DD!!

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I would only do the Lyrica on advice of your physician.  It is related to gabapentin so I wouldn't just take it without medical advice specifically on how it might affect you similarly. 

PS - I am on gabapentin and I can't lose weight for the life of me. . .   Sigh.  But I miss a dose and my nerves are practically jumping out of my skin.  (Actual nerve pain - not feeling nervous.) 

But yes, magnesium.  The most that will do if you get too much is make you have diarrhea.  If that happens, just back off a bit on how much you are taking. 

I didn't realize lyrica was related to gaba.  Yeah, not going to be taking that right now.    Weight, ugh.   From fibro meds and mental health meds, I've gained so much and I think that's the hardest kind of weight to lose, for whatever reason.    I'm using the loseit app now and I'm seeing a few pounds lost, but I know I'll only lose so much since I can't get off certain meds.   I'll order more natural calm.  I drink water all day, so using it with that would be easy.  💛

• Like 3

I am 9 days past my first Pfizer shot and have developed a red painful itchy welt at the injection site.  My whole arm is starting to feel a bit achy.  I also still have ringing in my ears that started a few hours after the injection.  Today it seems a bit louder.  I hope it goes away soon.

I was wondering if anyone knew about reporting things that develop, like covid arm, after the v-safe stops checking up on you.  They only collected data for the first 7 days, and now I am past that with a new thing.  Should I just tell the pharmacy when I go to get my second shot?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

I definitely haven't kept up with this thread, but I am interested in you mentioning being itchy. I had my first Pfizer on a Thursday and woke up Monday morning with itchy hands and feet, which eventually spread to lots of other areas, some of which had hives. I wasn't sure if it was because of the vaccine since I've been dealing with some other issues lately. My quick searching online didn't show others having hives/rashes after Pfizer, but now I wonder. Has anyone read this whole thread and seen this mentioned? 

Since you quoted me, I will be more specific. Everything makes me itch. I have extensive food intolerances. I work with an allergist as I have some allergic-like condition that is not allergies. For six months of the year, I take double the amount of some of my antihistamines (4 Allegra per day among other meds, and I had not thought to start that prior to my shot even though things are blooming outside. 

I think some people develop hives as a stress response to any bodily insult. My itching is not (usually) hives, and it's usually on my head and shoulders.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Loowit said:

I was wondering if anyone knew about reporting things that develop, like covid arm, after the v-safe stops checking up on you.  They only collected data for the first 7 days, and now I am past that with a new thing.  Should I just tell the pharmacy when I go to get my second shot?

After the first 7 days, V-safe checks in once a week for up to 5 weeks, and then the check-ins start again after the second dose, and then there are long term follow ups at 3, 6, and 12 months.

• Like 3

I don't know if this has been mentioned on this thread, but I called today to schedule my mammogram.

Radiology here doesn't want to do routine mammograms within 4 weeks of the vaccine.

Apparently lymph node swelling can show up in the mammogram and be mistaken for cancer related changes. 

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Loowit said:

I am 9 days past my first Pfizer shot and have developed a red painful itchy welt at the injection site.  My whole arm is starting to feel a bit achy.  I also still have ringing in my ears that started a few hours after the injection.  Today it seems a bit louder.  I hope it goes away soon.

The v-safe paper I have here says that after the first week it goes to checking in with you once a week for up to five weeks. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sbgrace said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned on this thread, but I called today to schedule my mammogram.

Radiology here doesn't want to do routine mammograms within 4 weeks of the vaccine.

Apparently lymph node swelling can show up in the mammogram and be mistaken for cancer related changes. 

This has been in the news for a while.  I was delaying my mammogram and then got it done ASAP when I found out I'd be eligible for the vaccine so I could avoid any issues with lymph node swelling.  I did ask the technician about it when I was there and she said they were okay with mammograms after the vaccine as long as they were informed about it so they would know what they were seeing.

• Like 6

I got my second Moderna dose yesterday at noon.  Felt fine all day, but then started feeling lousy during the night - around 11pm.  I get headaches that sometimes cause nausea during the night anyway so it was a bit hard to figure out if this was normal for me or from the shot, but it was more intense than usual.  When I got up to use the bathroom or get a drink I was feeling pretty lightheaded.  

I'm 20 hours since the dose now and still have the headache, mild body aches, and mild nausea/lightheadedness when I get up.  It's hard to concentrate too - I may have a low-grade fever.  My neck is sore too, but I get that with my nightly headaches.  Pretty much everything from the neck and above hurts.  

Nothing awful - it's manageable and I know it's temporary.  

• Sad 8

7 hours ago, sbgrace said:

I tend to drag my feet on anything medical for myself. I did schedule my mammogram before I was eligible for the shot so I could get that done and not have an excuse to put that off for months. So I got my mammogram, scheduled my vaccine, and then got called back for the mammogram. I debated canceling the vaccine but decided to just do it while I had an appointment. I got the vaccine and then went for my callback. I got cleared on my breast after another mammogram and ultrasound but on the ultrasound they did notice my lymph nodes were reactive. They think it is just the vaccine but I was told to schedule a follow up 8 weeks past second dose just to make sure. 

So it is kind of a pain but I’m glad I didn’t put any of it off. With the two shots 4 weeks apart delaying the vaccine or the mammogram would have meant months of delay. The thing I would have done differently was that I was thoughtless enough to get the shot in the same arm as my breast recheck. I just sat down in the chair for the shot and didn’t have an opinion about which arm they gave it in. I could have potentially not had the complication if I had just been thinking to use the other arm. However, here they are just asking so they know what they are looking at. They aren’t encouraging people to delay mammograms.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, teachermom2834 said:

However, here they are just asking so they know what they are looking at. They aren’t encouraging people to delay mammograms.

Maybe I will call a different center and see if their policy is different. I'll be nearly two months after last year's mammogram when I get mine. I have a family history of breast cancer, so that wait bugs me. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Loowit said:

I haven't read past this post, so I apologize if others have already answered. V-safe will send you a couple of other check-ins, but weekly after the daily ones. You can put it in then.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Junie said:

Well, I thought I wasn't having any symptoms (other than a little bit of arm soreness), and then I realized that my gums have been bleeding for the past two days when I brush my teeth.

After doing some late night googling last night, I am being vigilant in watching for other symptoms of thrombocytopenia.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n699/rr-6

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/08/health/immune-thrombocytopenia-covid-vaccine-blood.html

If that isn’t normal for you I think I would at least call my dr and ask about it, saying specifically that I had had the vaccine and was worried about thrombocytopenia. I don’t know a lot about it in regards to the vaccine but I think it might be worth checking early rather than waiting and seeing if things get worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, TCB said:

If that isn’t normal for you I think I would at least call my dr and ask about it, saying specifically that I had had the vaccine and was worried about thrombocytopenia. I don’t know a lot about it in regards to the vaccine but I think it might be worth checking early rather than waiting and seeing if things get worse.

Thank you.

The gum bleeding has stopped, but I'm still thinking about going to an urgent care clinic to see if they'll do a blood draw, just out of abundance of caution.

Right now I have a migraine (which is very typical for me -- they are almost daily right now).  This one is bad enough that I wouldn't be able to drive myself.

• Sad 8

39 minutes ago, Junie said:

Thank you.

The gum bleeding has stopped, but I'm still thinking about going to an urgent care clinic to see if they'll do a blood draw, just out of abundance of caution.

Right now I have a migraine (which is very typical for me -- they are almost daily right now).  This one is bad enough that I wouldn't be able to drive myself.

Chances are you are fine and I hope you feel better soon, but I think it is a really good idea to be cautious and get it checked out if you can. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TCB said:

Chances are you are fine and I hope you feel better soon, but I think it is a really good idea to be cautious and get it checked out if you can. 

Yes, I know that chances are that I'm fine, but if I'm not, thrombocytopenia can get really not fine in a hurry.  I already have an autoimmune disease (RA), and anemia; I'm trying not to over-react, but at the same time I'm kind of nervous.

Thank you for your kind words.  It means a lot. :)

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Junie said:

Yes, I know that chances are that I'm fine, but if I'm not, thrombocytopenia can get really not fine in a hurry.  I already have an autoimmune disease (RA), and anemia; I'm trying not to over-react, but at the same time I'm kind of nervous.

Thank you for your kind words.  It means a lot. 🙂

I don’t think you are over-reacting at all! It’s a smart thing to do. I hope you can get checked and get reassuring news very soon!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Junie said:

Thank you for your kind words.  It means a lot. 🙂

I also have a a few autoimmune diseases and anemia. I'll be sure to check my gums as well after tomorrow. It's something I might not have connected otherwise if I saw bleeding gums. I'd probably just wonder if I'd been missing a spot or not flossing well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Junie said:

Thank you.

i would definitely get in to be seen . I am sure f your child had these symptoms you would want your child seen, so give yourself the same sort of care. Also IME from a month ago when I had something going on with an eye, once seen and knowing what it was and what to do / not do / watch for I was able to be more relaxed.

• Like 3

On 4/15/2021 at 10:13 AM, kbutton said:

DS 16 had his shot yesterday. He felt pretty yuck in the middle of the night, and today he has a headache, but he's doing all his normal stuff (of his own volition). I told him he can nap today if he needs to, but he seems fine. 

DS felt more cruddy than he let on and was kind of achy/headachy. We had several errands to run, and I think he overdid it a little, but he felt like it was worth it (he had an interview for his first PT job and got the job!). 

On 4/15/2021 at 10:31 AM, WildflowerMom said:

my muscles are still hurting and I’m having pain in my armpits and along the sides of my boobs.  Why is that?  What can I take for that?  800 ibuprofen? 

Yes, I had a short bit of this the second night, but no swelling in my lymph nodes.

7 hours ago, Kassia said:

My neck is sore too, but I get that with my nightly headaches.  Pretty much everything from the neck and above hurts.  

I had this the last two nights and wasn't expecting it after I started feeling better. I am late for a chiropractor appointment (he's sick), so I think the achiness from the shot and my already sore muscles were having a party together. 

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, kbutton said:

DS felt more cruddy than he let on and was kind of achy/headachy. We had several errands to run, and I think he overdid it a little, but he felt like it was worth it (he had an interview for his first PT job and got the job!). 

Congratulations to ds!  How exciting!  

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2021 at 10:56 AM, WildflowerMom said:

It is okay to take pain meds 4 hours after the vaccine, just not right away. No worries! (and that pain is probably from your lymph nodes in the arm pit area - that's normal)

• Thanks 1

So I went to the clinic and got bloodwork done -- everything's normal. :)

The doctor was super nice.  When I told him that I was there under an abundance of caution -- that I would rather feel stupid now than feel stupid later if something bad happened, he completely agreed.  He said that this is new for all of us.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, Junie said:

So I went to the clinic and got bloodwork done -- everything's normal. 🙂

The doctor was super nice.  When I told him that I was there under an abundance of caution -- that I would rather feel stupid now than feel stupid later if something bad happened, he completely agreed.  He said that this is new for all of us.

Great news!

Bill

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

So I went to the clinic and got bloodwork done -- everything's normal. 🙂

I’m so glad!

• Thanks 1