Menu

Personal SARS-COV-2 vaccination experiences

JennyD

17 minutes ago, Elizabeth86 said:

Waiting on the second dose is SO hard. 

Yes it really is! And if his reaction is worse, then bam. It is due on our anniversary and we have plans to go out. So I might suggest that he choose to go to grandma's house afterward. His fever this time was 103, so if it got worse and he was sleeping a lot, it might be good to have someone occasionally nudging him with a glass of water. I feel for him. It is not easy to sit around three weeks knowing you face more of the same. But he also has a little lung scar tissue from the punctured from the car accident which makes covid riskier for him than the average 24 year old, and he is a big believer in "taking one for the team" and has been covid careful all along. So he is just giving it the "stiff upper lip" approach. I am proud of him. This is our child who runs a fever and chills just from a tetanus booster. He just has such a crazy, reactive body, and even had a blood transfusion reaction. He can't catch a break. 

• Like 2

On 5/25/2021 at 8:57 AM, Elizabeth86 said:

Here I am to talk about my second moderna vaccine. I did great with no panic attack and I’m so thankful. I didn’t feel weird after the vaccine like last time. I’m so thankful. I had my vaccine at noon and around 9 pm I started shivering and was so sleepy I fell asleep just lying on my bed with the lights on. I didn’t even send the kids to bed, dh did. I woke up between 4 and 4:30 to get dh ready to work. I was still shivering and I felt first trimester pregnant. I didn’t feel like throwing up, but I just felt like just the same queasy stomach I have when I’m pregnant. I say good bye to dh at 5 am and go back to bed. I just woke up at 8:30, no sickness, no shivering. I woke up with a slight dull headache and feeling very overheated and dehydrated. I drank a gallon of water day before, day of and I’m working on day after. My headache is already almost gone after drinking a glass of water. I fully believe whoever here that suggested to stay hydrated had great advice. My arm was more sore on dose 2. I usually sleep on my arm and I couldn’t use my shot arm. I’m hoping I’m through the worst of it. If this is it(knock on wood) it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. I am so thankful to have this behind me. I’m so thankful I was able to do something to help end this craziness. I’m so thankful that even though I was terrified and really wanted a reason not to go back for my second dose, I did it anyway.I am also extremely thankful to everyone here for your kindness and encouragement after I had such a bad time after my first vaccine. ❤️

Thank you for the update, Elizabeth -- I was wondering how you were doing, and I'm so glad you got up your nerve (again!) and got your second shot. Good for you!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2021 at 10:30 PM, Laura Corin said:

I had my second Oxford-AstraZeneca today.  No reaction so far. Very good verbal and written information about when you should get help if you have particular reactions. 

No reaction 24 hours on - not even a sore arm.

• Like 7