Menu

Personal SARS-COV-2 vaccination experiences

JennyD

Dh and I had our second Pfizers yesterday afternoon.  Sore arms for both of us.  Dh is tired, but nothing more. 

I'm much better with the second shot, which may (or may not) have something to do with my drinking so much water I could hardly stand it all weekend long. 

Pharmacy guy who gave us our shots told us not to take ibuprofen or acetaminophen for 12 hours, which sent me here to ask whether anyone had heard of the 12 hour thing.

I still haven't taken anything, but I feel fine.  A bit wobbly -- the way I do after a hard workout... sort of like muscle fatigue.

I'm so grateful to have these vaccines!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DoraBora said:

Pharmacy guy who gave us our shots told us not to take ibuprofen or acetaminophen for 12 hours, which sent me here to ask whether anyone had heard of the 12 hour thing.

I've heard things, but it's not usually very precise: like, you kind of want to let your immune system do its thing and not suppress it, but honestly, I'm not sure we know how long it's a good idea to wait... 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

I've heard things, but it's not usually very precise: like, you kind of want to let your immune system do its thing and not suppress it, but honestly, I'm not sure we know how long it's a good idea to wait... 

I wish I had questioned him on his source.  He was pretty confident.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DoraBora said:

I wish I had questioned him on his source.  He was pretty confident.

If only people's level of confidence was proportional to their level of knowledge... 😂

It sounds like he had the right idea, though! I'd be curious if he had more rigorous data than what I've seen. 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, DoraBora said:

Dh and I had our second Pfizers yesterday afternoon.  Sore arms for both of us.  Dh is tired, but nothing more. 

I'm much better with the second shot, which may (or may not) have something to do with my drinking so much water I could hardly stand it all weekend long. 

I really do think that drinking LOTS of water the day before, day of, and day after the shot — like way more than most people would normally drink in a day — really does help minimize the side effects.

I have a 30 oz water bottle and I made sure to drink 4 of those the day before and day of both shots, and day after the first shot. Then I kind of slacked off the day after the second shot, assuming I was out of the woods, and then on Day 3 I noticed that I was getting tender, swollen lymph nodes in my armpit. Drank two 30 oz bottles of water and within a few hours it was mostly gone. I made my kids drink tons of water the day before and day of the shot, and I know DS drank lots the day after (not sure about DD), and they have had no side effects at all. A friend who felt really ill after the second Moderna shot said that drinking lots of water seemed to help a lot.

So I would really encourage anyone who has a shot scheduled to drink a ton of water the day before/of/after the shot and see if it helps.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

I really do think that drinking LOTS of water the day before, day of, and day after the shot — like way more than most people would normally drink in a day — really does help minimize the side effects.

I have a 30 oz water bottle and I made sure to drink 4 of those the day before and day of both shots, and day after the first shot. Then I kind of slacked off the day after the second shot, assuming I was out of the woods, and then on Day 3 I noticed that I was getting tender, swollen lymph nodes in my armpit. Drank two 30 oz bottles of water and within a few hours it was mostly gone. I made my kids drink tons of water the day before and day of the shot, and I know DS drank lots the day after (not sure about DD), and they have had no side effects at all. A friend who felt really ill after the second Moderna shot said that drinking lots of water seemed to help a lot.

So I would really encourage anyone who has a shot scheduled to drink a ton of water the day before/of/after the shot and see if it helps.

How does the water thing work?? Any idea? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

How does the water thing work?? Any idea? 

This article quotes a doctor from Heal, a telemedicine and house call company.  Makes sense, and it does seem to work.

https://www.bustle.com/wellness/drinking-water-hydrationcovid-vaccine-side-effects-doctors

Why Hydration Can Help COVID Vaccine Side Effects

“The COVID vaccine and all vaccines work by activating your immune system to generate antibodies to an infectious disease, without being exposed to the virus or bacteria,” Dr. Sachin Nagrani M.D., medical director of healthcare company Heal, tells Bustle. Having good circulation is important to your immune system and its vaccine response, as healthy bloodflow carries immune cells around the body, to and from the locations where they’re needed.

When you get a COVID vaccine, your immune system reacts with a flood of new antibodies, which is what lies behind side effects like fevers, chills, and fatigue. Hydrating well pre- and post-COVID vaccine, Dr. Nagrani says, means your circulatory system can get to work, spreading these fresh antibodies to all your organs and carrying away any waste materials created by immune cells. The better hydrated you are, the more efficient it will be, and the sooner your side effects might ease.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DoraBora said:

This article quotes a doctor from Heal, a telemedicine and house call company.  Makes sense, and it does seem to work.

https://www.bustle.com/wellness/drinking-water-hydrationcovid-vaccine-side-effects-doctors

Why Hydration Can Help COVID Vaccine Side Effects

“The COVID vaccine and all vaccines work by activating your immune system to generate antibodies to an infectious disease, without being exposed to the virus or bacteria,” Dr. Sachin Nagrani M.D., medical director of healthcare company Heal, tells Bustle. Having good circulation is important to your immune system and its vaccine response, as healthy bloodflow carries immune cells around the body, to and from the locations where they’re needed.

When you get a COVID vaccine, your immune system reacts with a flood of new antibodies, which is what lies behind side effects like fevers, chills, and fatigue. Hydrating well pre- and post-COVID vaccine, Dr. Nagrani says, means your circulatory system can get to work, spreading these fresh antibodies to all your organs and carrying away any waste materials created by immune cells. The better hydrated you are, the more efficient it will be, and the sooner your side effects might ease.

So does hydrating help with actual virus response, then? 

3 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

Not specifically COVID... just wondering if hydrating would generally help your body distribute antibodies? Or is that a negligible effect with a true intruder? 

I've never looked into it  

I'd bet good hydration could be one of those things, like proper rest, daily exercise, and good nutrition, that might be a game changer.  I used to have an internist who recommended drinking copious amounts of water for all sorts of maladies (colds, flu, strep throat, UTIs, etc.).  

Lots of people prefer flavored drinks and have trouble making themselves  drink enough water.  My Soda Stream has made it much easier for me to hydrate well.  🙂

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

Not specifically COVID... just wondering if hydrating would generally help your body distribute antibodies? Or is that a negligible effect with a true intruder? 

You know, as I think about this, I don't know why actual virus response would be so different from the response to a vaccine.  Actual exposure to a virus or bacteria is more serious, certainly, but the mechanism of stimulating antibodies would probably(?) be similar.

Healthy living doesn't guarantee a good outcome every time, of course, but I've been surprised at how little public health attention has been focused on the basics mentioned above.  We've been doing this for a year.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, fairfarmhand said:

Ill be totally shocked if my dh wants to go back for the second shot. He is so miserable.  

Honestly, I know this isn’t official recommendation yet, and ask your dr and all that, but in his position having had confirmed Covid plus one Moderna, I’d call him done if he doesn’t want to go back. Every study I’ve seen shows disease plus one shot to be super robust immunity, stronger than two shots. I wouldn’t consider him there yet until however many weeks they measured that in the studies, though. I don’t know how long that was, but I’m sure you could find that. 

Again, that’s not official medical advice, just sharing what I would do based on all the studies on that I’ve seen. 

• Like 3

DH had his second moderna two days ago. After his first he had flu like symptoms for 10 DAYS!  After this one he has a sore arm, woke up the first night with sweats, and has been extra sleepy. 

@fairfarmhand After his first shot he originally said he wasn't going to do the second because of how severe the side effects were.  We have good reason to believe he had covid in February 2020, but no way to confirm.  However, with talk about places possibly requiring vax once full approval is granted and no way to prove prior infection, he felt that he had to do the second shot to avoid needing to restart the sequence six months from now in order to meet any requirements that might be placed on him.  We are so thankful to be done.

If we vaccinate any of our kids (none are 16+), we definitely want to do the Pfizer over moderna based on side effect severity.

6 hours ago, KSera said:

Honestly, I know this isn’t official recommendation yet, and ask your dr and all that, but in his position having had confirmed Covid plus one Moderna, I’d call him done if he doesn’t want to go back. Every study I’ve seen shows disease plus one shot to be super robust immunity, stronger than two shots. I wouldn’t consider him there yet until however many weeks they measured that in the studies, though. I don’t know how long that was, but I’m sure you could find that. 

Again, that’s not official medical advice, just sharing what I would do based on all the studies on that I’ve seen. 

Yeah, I agree there. 

On the other hand, from what I've read, the second shot doesn't go as badly if you've already had COVID. So it might also not be the bad experience he expects. So if one needed documentation, one could do it and hope it wasn't as awful. 

DS18 and I had our second Pfizer shots yesterday.

DS had some fevery sweats in the night but said it wasn’t bad. This morning he’s a little tired (normal) and has a swollen eyelid but otherwise feels fine.

My arm is a little sore, but doesn’t hinder anything. So far, so good. 🤞

We both drank water til we were ready to burst for the two days leading up and will continue today and tomorrow. I’m declaring today a rest day for both of us to give our bodies the opportunity to work hard without extra stressors. 

We are all feeling so incredibly grateful. 

• Like 6

Our family (me, dh, 3 young adult kids) got our second Moderna shots about 48 hours ago.

The first night was a bit rough for me - no fever, but chills and aches. I went to bed with two blankets, a sweatshirt, thick socks, and a stocking hat. Felt better but tired yesterday, and am feeling 100% great today.

Dh had no reaction at all, not even a sore arm.

Ds22 had a slight headache for a few hours and a sore arm.

Ds20 and dd18 had mild aches and chills the first night.

We're all pretty much back to normal now, and are so relieved to be vaccinated!

• Like 6

Ds (26) got his second Moderna shot yesterday.  He had chills/aches last night and took Advil but said it wore off early in the night (he said he should have timed it better) and had a restless night but not awful.  Still not feeling great with feeling hot and cold, but said it's more annoying than anything.  He had a similar reaction with his first shot and ended up sleeping a lot the following day after being up all night.  

Out of 8 of us, we are all vaccinated now except for ds3 (getting his 2nd Moderna on Friday) and dd, who will be vaccinated this summer when she's home from college.  Amazing.

• Like 6

So this isn’t a personal experience, but I wanted to put out there. One of DH's coworkers got her second shot yesterday and feels really lousy today. Her twin brother recently had his second and had the *exact* same symptoms she has today. 

I'm wondering if same reactions are common in twins, and if so whether potential links are being/will be studied. 

I just wanted to share because I thought it was neat and offered one more potential data point. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, MEmama said:

So this isn’t a personal experience, but I wanted to put out there. One of DH's coworkers got her second shot yesterday and feels really lousy today. Her twin brother recently had his second and had the *exact* same symptoms she has today. 

I'm wondering if same reactions are common in twins, and if so whether potential links are being/will be studied. 

I just wanted to share because I thought it was neat and offered one more potential data point. 

Not twins, but my friend's brother also had the exact same reactions she did.  I'm sure there's a genetic component to it.

Dh sweated through the sheets and quilts and everything last night. Soaked them through twice. So I'm on laundry load number 5 so far this morning.

But, he's feeling much better today, as are the rest of us.

Edited by fairfarmhand
  • Like 7

20 hours ago, MEmama said:

DS18 and I had our second Pfizer shots yesterday.

DS had some fevery sweats in the night but said it wasn’t bad. This morning he’s a little tired (normal) and has a swollen eyelid but otherwise feels fine.

My arm is a little sore, but doesn’t hinder anything. So far, so good. 🤞

We both drank water til we were ready to burst for the two days leading up and will continue today and tomorrow. I’m declaring today a rest day for both of us to give our bodies the opportunity to work hard without extra stressors. 

We are all feeling so incredibly grateful. 

A little update on yesterday: both DS and I experienced sensitive skin (like we get when we are coming down with something) and I had a bit of joint and muscle discomfort. Nothing that would have impeded normal activity, but we took the opportunity to lounge on the couch together all day just because we could. 🙂 DS took a long nap with the kitty and was feeling much better by dinner time. 

It was much less eventful than I feared. Next up: a much needed haircut! 

• Like 8

15 hours ago, MEmama said:

A little update on yesterday: both DS and I experienced sensitive skin (like we get when we are coming down with something) and I had a bit of joint and muscle discomfort. Nothing that would have impeded normal activity, but we took the opportunity to lounge on the couch together all day just because we could. 🙂 DS took a long nap with the kitty and was feeling much better by dinner time. 

It was much less eventful than I feared. Next up: a much needed haircut

I'm almost two weeks since my second shot.  My plans for the next ten days:  get my first haircut since November 2019, buy a new car, buy a new washer and dryer, and buy a new stand-up freezer.  I've been putting those things off so long because I have to be indoors looking at them and mulling things over for a long time.  Can't wait!

Edited by Syllieann
  • Like 6

I’ve had both Pfizer doses. My arm/shoulder/neck were extremely sore for a week after the first dose. No other symptoms though. After the second dose, my arm was sore for two days but not nearly has bad as the first time. 

I didn’t do anything special beforehand. My allergies and subsequent sinus headaches have been bad lately. I stopped Claritin and Tylenol Sinus 48 hours before both doses and didn’t resume until 72 hours later. I always take vitamins. I drink elderberry and echinacea tea a lot. I drank “sinus tea” the day of my 2nd shot because I’d had sinus headache for 24 hours by that point. IDK if any of that negatively impacted the vaccine, but it’s done now. 

• Like 3

Received the second dose of Pfizer Wednesday. Felt fine the rest of the day but on Thursday had the sore arm, chills, slight fever, mild aches and sore eyes. No headache, though. Slept most of the day and night and am now 100% better. Hoping to make lots of antibodies.

• Like 6

My dd#2, 17, got her second Pfizer shot yesterday. We waited a bit longer for the second shot because she had finals this week & didn't want to risk being bleary-headed or feverish leading up to them. I'll report back in here & on the thread about symptoms in 16-18 yr-olds on Sunday.

• Like 6

It is Sunday already! (More details in the 16-18 yr old thread.)

Dd#2 woke up Saturday with a low grade fever & a general feeling of malaise. She laid around all day not able to nap, but mostly just feeling bad. She said she was, "Not great. But at least I'm not dead."

I gave her some Tylenol 24 hrs after her shot & that helped. She was almost at 100% today.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, RootAnn said:

It is Sunday already! (More details in the 16-18 yr old thread.)

Dd#2 woke up Saturday with a low grade fever & a general feeling of malaise. She laid around all day not able to nap, but mostly just feeling bad. She said she was, "Not great. But at least I'm not dead."

I gave her some Tylenol 24 hrs after her shot & that helped. She was almost at 100% today.

Dd has the same way of talking lol. 

• Haha 2

Dh got Moderna yesterday.  I'm so excited. He has allergies that could have been triggered, but everything went great.  He just has a sore arm and is very tired (but says it isn't the vaccine *eyeroll*)

Ds 16 got his Pfizer  today. Yay!  He's wanted it badly.  He's the one that's asked continually when things will be back to normal.  All last year--when is the vaccine coming?when we will we get it? Then when it came he had to wait for his birthday!  But he got his first one.  Just a sore arm so far. He said it didn't even hurt going in.

Edited by freesia
  • Like 6

I guess we are late to the party!  Appointments are plentiful in our metro now  (though maybe spiking again with the 12-15's) but were dear when we were making them.  My husband and I got our 2nd Pfizers going on 72 hours ago (DH) and 48 hours ago (me).  I am 50, he is in his 50's too.  

Anyway- we were fine same day.  Both had some achiness, fatigue, chills at about 24 hours out.  We each took something OTC at about 24 hours just once.  That was it.  I feel fine this morning.  I do have seasonal allergies right now so that could cover for a little but I plan out going walking like normal today.  Feels great to be fully vaccinated!

Our 16 year old might have felt the worst of all of us after dose 2 but I can't say she felt a bit cruddy more than like 12-15 hours, also took Advil once at about 24 hours.  After being fairly regimented with our school routine the past year, she was happy to enjoy a sick day on the couch!  She is 2 weeks out today!  Hooray!  

We have a 20 year old on a college campus still not vaccinated.  He is tested 2X a week and positivity has been super low there since they started that, so I'm not super worried while he is finishing up a few things on campus (he is done with finals though!).  We may just have him wait until he gets home at this point.   

• Like 6

DD had her second Pfizer shot today at the mass vax site here. She had an appointment, but since they are also taking walk-ins she made her boyfriend go with her to get his first shot, so I'm happy they will both be protected. So far they just have sore arms. Tomorrow is 2 weeks from my 2nd shot, and Monday is 2 weeks from DS's second shot, so 2 weeks from today all three of us will be fully vaxxed. So grateful for that!

• Like 6

If it is okay, I am going to answer this for my daughter and son in law. Daughter had some arm soreness, headache, and fatigue with mild fever on her second dose of Pfizer. Dear son in law got his second dose of Moderna today. I got a text at 9:30 pm from him asking for a movie recommendation while he hunkered down. He does not have a sore arm, but he is running a fever of about 102 and feels quite run down. His employer has been having everyone get vaccinated on Thursdays, and then gives them Friday off so they have a three day weekend to recover so he can lay around tomorrow.  Dd has been at a friend's house for two days with our grandsons because her friend ended up with an emergency appendectomy and needed childcare while she waits for her husband to get back from a business trip. Since she is caring for five kids, he did not want to bother her.with his questions. He said he was feeling pretty overheated so I told him to strip to his boxers and lay down with a quart jar of ice water which he dutifully did. 30 minutes later he texted and said he felt a bit more comfortable. 

I will post some time this weekend about two of our sons. One is getting JnJ tomorrow and the other is getting Moderna, different pharmacies. First boy wanted Pfizer or Moderna but got assigned an internship and needed to be post shot two weeks in order to start, and his start date is June 1 so there wasn't time. I told him not to worry. Shots in arms is good, and since the employer is having everyone at that company get vaxed, he will be primarily around vaxed people all day. That's a lot of protection.

• Like 5

On 5/4/2021 at 5:31 PM, fairfarmhand said:

Guys...

We had Covid in December and we were SO sick, my dh and I.

Kids all had it but had milder cases.

So Monday, we all loaded up in the car for a lovely family field trip to the vaccine clinic at our friendly GP's office. All but my 13 yo because it's 16 and over in our state. This is for our first shot.

Monday we mostly had sore arms. All of us tossed and turned at bedtime because we're a family of restless side sleepers and we kept getting on our sore arms.

By Monday evening, my dh started feeling badly. He had a late night at work, not getting home till midnight and started running a fever around 11 p.m.. Took some Advil and went to bed around 12:30. At 4:30, 5 ish his fever spiked and he was shivering so badly he was shaking the whole bed. Got up, gave him more Advil and extra blankets and finally he dozed off around 6:30. He slept till 9 and then got up and ASKED FOR OATMEAL FOR BREAKFAST. Y'all this is huge. This man hates oatmeal with the heat of a thousand suns. He is a meat and potatoes guy, but he ate oatmeal for breakfast.  He was feeling better but not great. No fever. He went to work (I don't know if he was supposed to do that or not, but he did. His work is socially distanced and masked so there is that.)

He started feeling bad and shaking again around 2 and his co-workers told him to go home. He even had a friend text him with an offer to drive him home. (He should NOT HAVE BEEN DRIVING! HE SHOULD HAVE CALLED ME!!!!!!!!) He got home around three and he was shaking again. More Advil, some Gatorade and I sent him to bed. He aches all over and is so feverish.

Me and the girls are not feeling great. Our arms are very sore, we;re tired and kinda achy. DD16 is headachy. But we're coping. We're probably at 60%.  My dd19 says it feels like she took 2 benadryl and someone beat her all over.

My dh is in the bed and should stay there the rest of the day and hopefully tomorrow too.

Ill be totally shocked if my dh wants to go back for the second shot. He is so miserable.  

Good grief. That stinks. Poor guy.

In case it helps him decide to roll the dice, my SIL had her vigorous immune response on her first shot (Pfizer) and nothing but slight arm pain on her second. It worked out because she and my brother got the shots together, and took turns feeling bad and taking care of their 2yo.

• Like 1

Ugh. I’ve had a mild recurrence of my vaccine headache since 2 weeks after the 2nd shot. (I get lots of headaches, but this one is very specific.) It’s not that bad but it’s mildly unpleasant and making me grumpy.

I really hope the boosters aren’t this unpleasant 😕

Edited by Not_a_Number
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Not_a_Number said:

It’s not that bad but it’s mildly unpleasant and making me grumpy.

I really hope the boosters aren’t this unpleasant 😕

The one in the back of the neck? "Mildly unpleasant" doesn't describe mine unless I'd taken a pain pill at least an hour previously.

I'm so hopeful boosters are symptom-free.

• Like 2

Yesterday marked the 2-week point after second vaccine for dh and ds. That means the four of us living here are all past that marker, and I am very glad about that! (Other family members are also past it.) That only leaves the preschool grandchildren. The grandchild on the way's pregnant mom was vaccinated, so he/she should also have some immunity.

Cases are really low here right now, but, and I hope I am wrong, vaccination numbers are also low. So I suspect the numbers will rise again at some point. Knowing others are not concerned, it makes me even more glad we all have the coverage.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RootAnn said:

The one in the back of the neck? "Mildly unpleasant" doesn't describe mine unless I'd taken a pain pill at least an hour previously.

I'm so hopeful boosters are symptom-free.

Yeah, that one. It’s definitely a less severe version than the one I had earlier, but it’s clearly the same thing in the same place. 

I’m not pleased about it. And it’s made me quite short with my kids.

• Sad 4

Dh and both dc(ya) had their second jabs of Moderna two days ago.  All felt bad and are now feeling better.  Dh and ds both had the back of the neck headache.  I didn't realize there was a specific headache.  

Edited by happi duck
  • Sad 2

On 4/30/2021 at 11:41 AM, Arctic Bunny said:

Had AstraZeneca dose 1 last Saturday afternoon, along with about 10 coworkers. Most of us agreed that the best description for how we felt the next day was “hungover”. By Sunday evening we were all basically back to normal, and nothing at all lingering Monday.

Yup - and like a hangover, sometimes the thing that brought it on is worth it, lol. In this case, for sure it is. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, happi duck said:

Dh and both dc(ya) had their second jabs of Moderna two days ago.  All felt bad and are now feeling better.  Dh and ds both had the back of the neck headache.  I didn't realize there was a specific headache.  

Yeah, all the descriptions on this thread are of this "back of the neck/bottom of the head" headache. It's super specific. I get tension headaches normally and this one is very different. 

My 18 and 21 year old dc had their second Pfizer yesterday and they are a mess this morning. Youngest has POTS and sent me a text asking for Pedialyte because they felt too shaky to come downstairs. On the way up, I met oldest basically crawling down because he wanted water. I sent him to bed and told him I would bring it up. They seem to have had a reaction similar to mine and just hurt all over like with the flu.  They’ve now even asked for popsicles and I honestly can’t remember the last time either did that. 

• Sad 5

3 hours ago, Joker2 said:

My 18 and 21 year old dc had their second Pfizer yesterday and they are a mess this morning. Youngest has POTS and sent me a text asking for Pedialyte because they felt too shaky to come downstairs. On the way up, I met oldest basically crawling down because he wanted water. I sent him to bed and told him I would bring it up. They seem to have had a reaction similar to mine and just hurt all over like with the flu.  They’ve now even asked for popsicles and I honestly can’t remember the last time either did that. 

I am so sorry to hear that! I hope they get better soon. My almost 21 year old had fever, chills, and migraine for 24 hours. I put him in a recliner and gave him slushies, popsicles, and ice cream.

• Like 1

Well, today was the day for my second moderna vaccine.  I had a panic attack after round 1. I only felt my normal levels of anxiety today. My throat didn’t feel tight, I could breath deeply, I didn’t feel the hot sensation coursing through my body. I didn’t feel a thing. I am so glad to have this behind me. I had so much anxiety leading up today.

I will add any symptoms later. Here’s to hoping I have none. 

• Like 11

I had my first Pfizer yesterday. I have a sore arm and was fatigued most of the day. My mom also had her first Pfizer shot yesterday and is fine. 

My poor ds, however, had his J&J shot today and passed out at the pharmacy. EMS was called and he was fine by the time they arrived. I wasn't with him initially but got there quickly when my mom called. He said he felt naseous about 3 minutes after the shot, so he went to the bathroom thinking he was going to vomit. He didn't. When he walked back, he felt tingling in his legs and things started to go black. Thankfully, the pharmacist was right by him and helped him to the floor, where he was laying when I got there. I don't know if he lost full consciousness. 

For reference and those that can't see signatures, he's 23, healthy, but thin, had not eaten breakfast, but has no other known health issues. He's okay now.

• Sad 4

Here I am to talk about my second moderna vaccine. I did great with no panic attack and I’m so thankful. I didn’t feel weird after the vaccine like last time. I’m so thankful. I had my vaccine at noon and around 9 pm I started shivering and was so sleepy I fell asleep just lying on my bed with the lights on. I didn’t even send the kids to bed, dh did. I woke up between 4 and 4:30 to get dh ready to work. I was still shivering and I felt first trimester pregnant. I didn’t feel like throwing up, but I just felt like just the same queasy stomach I have when I’m pregnant. I say good bye to dh at 5 am and go back to bed. I just woke up at 8:30, no sickness, no shivering. I woke up with a slight dull headache and feeling very overheated and dehydrated. I drank a gallon of water day before, day of and I’m working on day after. My headache is already almost gone after drinking a glass of water. I fully believe whoever here that suggested to stay hydrated had great advice. My arm was more sore on dose 2. I usually sleep on my arm and I couldn’t use my shot arm. I’m hoping I’m through the worst of it. If this is it(knock on wood) it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. I am so thankful to have this behind me. I’m so thankful I was able to do something to help end this craziness. I’m so thankful that even though I was terrified and really wanted a reason not to go back for my second dose, I did it anyway.I am also extremely thankful to everyone here for your kindness and encouragement after I had such a bad time after my first vaccine. ❤️

• Like 14

Just a report on ds 24, also known here as "the reacter". He had a delay in getting his first dose because he decided he really wanted Pfizer, and the local places were out. Since he is taking summer session classes, he did not want to travel very far to get it because commute time was going to be difficult to plan around his schedule. So he Got his first dose last week.

Big knot at the injection site and a little rash. Migraine for nearly 24 hrs. Fever and chills for about 12 hrs. Fatigue for 3 days, tough fatigue. But he is back to normal, and nor looking forward to dose number two, but plans on getting it anyway.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

Just a report on ds 24, also known here as "the reacter". He had a delay in getting his first dose because he decided he really wanted Pfizer, and the local places were out. Since he is taking summer session classes, he did not want to travel very far to get it because commute time was going to be difficult to plan around his schedule. So he Got his first dose last week.

Big knot at the injection site and a little rash. Migraine for nearly 24 hrs. Fever and chills for about 12 hrs. Fatigue for 3 days, tough fatigue. But he is back to normal, and nor looking forward to dose number two, but plans on getting it anyway.

Waiting on the second dose is SO hard. 

• Like 1