Menu

Prayer request My cousin just lost her 3 year old in her sleep. Update post #1

3 ladybugs

My mom called me to say that my cousin lost her daughter this morning. COMPLETELY unexpected. My aunt (mother of 6) put her granddaughter to bed and the next morning she didn't wake up. 😭😭😭😭 My mom said that my aunt said that the child was tired but nothing odd.

I lost 3 children, one at 5 months of age. I can't believe I have a cousin that is having to go through this too. 😭😭😭

An autopsy is scheduled. That is all I know.

Update 6/14 - The child's first name is Ashlan. She was found the morning of June 12. 

Good God, have mercy on the family. I cannot imagine this kind of horror. :grouphug:  Is SIDS still a possibility at this age?

Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood (SUDC) would be the equivalent.  This is my worst fear after almost losing a child to SIDS.  How awful for your cousin and the family.

• Like 1

:(  I am so sorry :(  A friend of mine lost her little girl at 22 months with the parents reporting something similar - she seemed extra tired, but nothing truly out of the ordinary.  Initially it was blamed on SUDC, but ultimately it turned out she had a very rare heart defect.

That's one of my nightmares. Prayers for your family!

Oftentimes sleep apnea or undiagnosed heart conditions seem to underlie these events, but that doesn't make it hurt less or even make it more detectable or predictable to the medical establishment. Whatever the cause it's a horrible tragedy when a child dies. Always.

:grouphug:

Oh my.

This happened to a friend of my parents, the daughter went to bed at night with a headache and when the mom went to check on her in the morning she was gone. I believe the cause turned out to be meningitis.

Praying for your cousin and family.

My mom called me to say that my cousin lost her daughter this morning. COMPLETELY unexpected. My aunt (mother of 6) put her granddaughter to bed and the next morning she didn't wake up. 😭😭😭😭 My mom said that my aunt said that the child was tired but nothing odd.

I lost 3 children, one at 5 months of age. I can't believe I have a cousin that is having to go through this too. 😭😭😭

An autopsy is scheduled. That is all I know.

I'm so sorry!  That's awful.

I wonder what happened?  I'm so sorry for your losses too.