Menu

Prayers for MedicMom and baby this morning

Halftime Hope

Thank you all for all your kind wishes and prayers for MedicMom and for Baby C (I'm not sure how comfortable she is with his name full name online, at least here :-) )  I'm with Lolly, upthread--we need to keep them in our prayers as he grows and he recovers.

Could someone link this thread on her other one, so she doesn't miss out on all the kind thoughts you all have posted?  (Thank you, sweet ladies!) My ability to link threads is limited -- it may be just ignorance on my part, but I know I don't have some board features that most of you all have, and I've never been able to get linking a thread to work.

Thank you!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From FB:

Welcome Caden. Born at 8:40 am and cried immediately; 3 pounds 1 ounce, 15 and a half inches long. Caden is breathing room air with a cpap nasal cannula and his lungs look fantastic. He squeezed my finger already. 

Happy teary eyes here, too! Medic Mom, rest up and recover! Your body has done a heroic job of bringing your sweet son to 28 weeks. So thankful for dedicated medical professionals and 21st century technology to help him along now that he's arrived in the Big World. Most thankful for prayers answered by God who holds you both in the palm of His hand.

Thanks for updating us.  :grouphug:

• Like 4

Update from FB with specific prayer requests:

MedicMom has some blood sugar and blood pressure issues that are being treated.

She asks prayers that: 

1)  pray against hypoglycemia in Baby C. They have had to give him one sugar bolus already, pray his sugar stabilizes.

2) Pray strongly against brain bleeds. His risk is greatest of the next 72 hours for a brain bleed.

3) That his breathing would stay strong and he would not tire. They may intubate him for a short period tonight if he tires.

4). That my other children, DS(4) and DD(2) will have peace with the situation and the upheaval and stress over the next weeks as Baby C will be here at least two months. DS especially will be disappointed to find he cannot see or hold his long awaited brother, and that Baby C will not be going home with us. Pray for wisdom for their father and I as we plan to talk to the kids tonight.

• Like 20

She asks prayers that:

1) pray against hypoglycemia in Baby C. They have had to give him one sugar bolus already, pray his sugar stabilizes.

2) Pray strongly against brain bleeds. His risk is greatest of the next 72 hours for a brain bleed.

3) That his breathing would stay strong and he would not tire. They may intubate him for a short period tonight if he tires.

4). That my other children, DS(4) and DD(2) will have peace with the situation and the upheaval and stress over the next weeks as Baby C will be here at least two months. DS especially will be disappointed to find he cannot see or hold his long awaited brother, and that Baby C will not be going home with us. Pray for wisdom for their father and I as we plan to talk to the kids tonight.

Just prayed🙠Welcome, sweet boy.
  • Like 1

Congratulation Medic Mom and family!  :001_smile:  Welcome to the new little guy!

How fabulous that he did not have to intubated right away!  Room air with canula is a great start for a 28 wk boy!  :hurray:

Praying concerning the (potential) brain bleed; be comforted that the brain has a wonderful way of healing and rewiring if needed.  My 26 wk'er who did have a brain bleed is fine today.  No lasting problems, despite some scary sounding possibilities.  Preemies are strong (and so are their mamas ;) ).  They have to be. :cool:

• Like 2

Medic Mom, you ROCK!!! Your quiet strength and inner resolve has inspired many of us. Add me to the list of those responding with quiet tears dripping on the keyboard. Continued prayers sent for strength and good health. I'm usually more comfortable as a quiet reader but wow...Just couldn't stay quiet on this one...Gentle hugs to both of you.

• Like 2

From FB:

Welcome Caden. Born at 8:40 am and cried immediately; 3 pounds 1 ounce, 15 and a half inches long. Caden is breathing room air with a cpap nasal cannula and his lungs look fantastic. He squeezed my finger already. 

That's awesome! and a great size for a 28 weeker.  Congrats! Continued prayers that he grows strong quickly.

Congratulations!!! I will continue to pray for Caden and your whole family. Room air at 28 weeks is amazing. :grouphug: Ds had the blood sugar issues, was really glad when they went away.

Medicmom, you did great work!

She asks prayers that: 

1)  pray against hypoglycemia in Baby C. They have had to give him one sugar bolus already, pray his sugar stabilizes.

Praying for all of these, and for peace and healing for Mommy.

She asks prayers that:

1) pray against hypoglycemia in Baby C. They have had to give him one sugar bolus already, pray his sugar stabilizes.

Will do. Best wishes to you and yours. I know this will be stressful for all of you. Praying God will bring you the right people for this time in your life, and that His grace and power will be felt daily.

Any updates on how Caden did last night?

He had a good night. He pulled out his NG tube though. :-)

We are starting to settle in for the long haul. His nurses are fantastic and as my grandmother was the head of this particular NICU for thirty some years, he is receiving VIP treatment.

I will try to get a photo up later

• Like 36