Menu

28 weeks...and my water has broke...update post #1

MedicMom

This morning.

They've confirmed it broke, sent me by ambulance to a larger hospital, and now they've admitted me for 5-7 days barring labor. They are in no hurry to deliver right now, so it's all just a waiting game. There is very little amniotic fluid left according to the ultrasound though.

Thank you for all your good wishes and prayers for this little guy. We are 28 weeks now, fingers crossed for 30.

Update: Still here, still pregnant. The OB told me I have a 20% chance of being discharged pregnant on Sunday. But I am in early labor so it's not likely.

I am just grouchy. This was the hospital I was desperately trying to avoid, but it's the best for this given to circumstances.

And my little SPD boy tried karate today, which he so badly wanted to do, but couldn't handle it sensory wise(even though his OT strongly felt he'd be fine) and now is all sad and upset, and I'm not there to comfort him.

Just having a rough night here.

• Like 11

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yikes.  Praying labor holds off, when my water broke with ds11 labor did not start (the other 2 kids it broke early with it did).  I was in the hospital for a week on IV fluids and antibiotics and having NST done every other day until we induced a week later at 36 weeks.  Hoping your labor holds off and you can keep that baby baking for a little longer.  Have they given you the steroid shots yet for the lungs?

• Like 1

Have you received the steroid shot for the baby's lungs? My twins were born at 28 weeks (six years ago this week!). I had the steroid shot at 27 weeks, so they had exactly one week for it to work. They needed the NICU for 3 months. My son inhaled amniotic fluid so he had a harder road. But today they are healthy and happy. Except for my daughter's petite-ness, you would never know they were premature.

Lots of hugs. I know it is scary. I hope you have as good a hospital as I had! The staff was fantastic. Two different neonatologists came to talk to me to tell me what it will be like to give birth so early (they were awaiting my decision and giving me all the info they could without a crystal ball; we had a tough decision to make which ended w their birth at 28wks). It was very comforting. Ask to speak to a neonatologist if you'd like to. And I can say that most NICU nurses are angels.

• Like 4

Saying a prayer!

Make sure they do the lung shot. I had that when I was pregnant with dd and wound up on hospital bed rest for preterm labor. There were quite a few women there whose waters had already broken. Hospital bed rest makes a big difference in the outcome.