Menu

God laughing at me again.

Murphy101

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twins are fun but triplet pics make me :hurray:

I feel the same way - for some other woman.

One leaves me a little shaky, two would make me a bit faint of heart, I'm not going to dwell on three.

Birthing 1 at a time isn't exactly a picnic.

The problem with too much experience is there's a serious lack of romance about the birthing process.

Love the babies!

Delivery? On second thought I'll just stay pregnant.

Jk. Sorta.

:)

One leaves me a little shaky, two would make me a bit faint of heart, I'm not going to dwell on three.

The problem with too much experience is there's a serious lack of romance about the birthing process.

Love the babies!

Jk. Sorta.

Haha I get it :) if I didn't hate pregnancy so much I might say the same.

I did want to offer some encouragement though. I had my 10th in august and had a very easy delivery. Numbers 8 and 9 were so bad I had some post traumatic stress going on. :( I really was terrified to give birth again. I did some serious relaxation practice/hypno birth and I have no doubt it is what made the difference. We were amazed at how easy it was for me which was a huge blessing. All other factors were the same. Home water birth, same size baby, close to same gestation, same midwife etc.

I have always said the same thing. That once you've done it so many times you lose the benefit of amnesia.

My girl list I never used:

Mackenzie

Isabella

Catherine

Ruby

Daisy (still hoping for a granddaughter I can call Daisy)

Noelle (you already nixed that)

Audrey

Fiona

Genevieve

Havala (Havilah - I have loved this name since seeing Fiddler on the Roof at age 12.  But my sister in law used it :( )

Congratulations! Waiting for updates!

But, sheesh! Can't start with the same letter as any other child??? You guys are picky! :-)

Okay, I don't have 10-11 kids, but I want to say, I preferred this in naming my kids, too. I wanted their initials to be only the one child. It works well that way, because our calendars, or texts, etc. can say, "C - soccer," or "please pick up M." :D Very practical!

Additionally, I didn't want anyone to think we were "doing a thing" with J names or whatever.

Okay, I don't have 10-11 kids, but I want to say, I preferred this in naming my kids, too. I wanted their initials to be only the one child. It works well that way, because our calendars, or texts, etc. can say, "C - soccer," or "please pick up M." :D Very practical!

Additionally, I didn't want anyone to think we were "doing a thing" with J names or whatever.

Yes, very practical. Also so many times places pull up people in their computers with last name, first initial and that makes things less confusing.

When have one kid who has dh's name for his middle name and that alone has caused problems with insurance numerous times that we didn't expect.

We also all have different initials--I like it.

We did know a family that had a J thing--both parents had J names, kids had J names, even their dogs' names started with J. The funny thing is they re-homed one of the dogs then a couple years later recycled the name for one of their dc. I laughed when I heard--You named your kid after the dog? They'd just moved so most people didn't know they'd had a dog with the same name. Still . . . :rolleyes:

Whatever. :laugh:

We also all have different initials--I like it.

We did know a family that had a J thing--both parents had J names, kids had J names, even their dogs' names started with J. The funny thing is they re-homed one of the dogs then a couple years later recycled the name for one of their dc. I laughed when I heard--You named your kid after the dog? They'd just moved so most people didn't know they'd had a dog with the same name. Still . . . :rolleyes:

Whatever. :laugh:

We have an accidental J name thing going on. #1 has a name with a pronounced J in it, #2 and #3 start with J, and the last name on our list was a J name. D's one condition was that we could NOT use a J name for #4.

It's so confusing. Even with just the two middle kids having the same letter. 

Everyone assumed the Js were intentional, and that we would continue. We chose a completely different name, no Js at all. Everyone was quite surprised. 

ETA: Congratulations Martha! I hadn't commented yet, but how exciting!

Good luck with names. You are smart to start early. I'm sure you know that. We have a few rules, not as specific as yours, and my Dh sounds a lot like yours. Naming is HARD, and this is only my fifth. 

PS Does it sound weird that I say "ONLY my fifth"? When I was growing up, 5 was a HUGE family. Now it seems completely reasonable. 

That's what happened with us between #2 and #3. After #3, I got rid of a lot but kept the portable crib and an "oops box" (that's what my husband calls it). It has a couple of my favorite, very versatile maternity outfits, a small collection of neutral newborn clothes and blankets, and a couple baby toys. Came in very handy when #4 arrived!  :laugh:

We threw the portable crib away a couple years ago (many friends visiting with their babies finally did it in) but that "oops box" is still up on the top shelf of my closet... just in case.

Nope. Never ever. Nothing even remotely close to Fred is an option.

It's rather popular here in my mini-circle of society. I know if .. Oh... I think 7 little Gemmas. So no, it's not John, but that's more popular than I'd like. Went to look it up, and you are right, not terribly common at all. 300+ on the ranking at SS.

All I can say is watch two episodes. She is one stone cold hearted "mother".

Iz-a-bow?

Eye-ZA-bow?

Isabe- Southern dropping of a last letter?

No thanks. :)

Your first attempt was pretty much right.

My niece gets called "Izzy."

Martha, this is fantastic news!  All the best to you and your family.

About the stupid flippin' stars - I figure it just means you said something memorable. :D

I make it a policy to " fix" everything I see that isn't five stars - threads or profiles, regardless of how I feel about the topic or poster. The one star thing is just too small and petty for a good forum like this one.

Love the babies!

Jk. Sorta.

My twin birth was by far the easiest of my three. No meds, and no real desire for them.

Now, the next six months are a haze, but the birth was great.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Martha, I am so sorry to hear about the miscarriage. Many, many hugs to you and your family.

My mom had ten children, the last born a couple of weeks before her 45th birthday. She got pregnant again at age 50; that pregnancy sadly ended in miscarriage. When she talks about the experience what always stands out is how much she and my dad both wanted that baby and were excited about the pregnancy, as unexpected as it was at that point in her life, and how emotionally hard the miscarriage was.

Prayers for health and peace for you, and for your family.