Menu

Okay, what kind of shoes are you wearing with your jeans?

Janie Grace

Besides sneakers, I mean (no offense). I love my Dansko clogs from five years ago (SO comfortable!) but they look dated and clunky. I want to update my go-to fall shoes. So... whatcha wearing with jeans? I have some ballet-type flats for wearing with skinny jeans, but I'm looking for something with a bit more substance to go with my boot-cuts.

Yesterday - red kitten heels

The day before - high black boots

Today - bright pink flip-flops with enormous flowers.  

Tomorrow we are walking a lot, so I know I will be wearing my comfy/cute black Sketcher sneakers.

I'm not very loyal to any one style of shoes.

http://www.sasshoes.com/main/view_styles.php?catid=2&prodid=96 -- I don't have trendy style options available to me, as I need something that will work with my orthotics.  These seem to do nicely, and while not super-cute, they're not nearly as ugly as some of the things I've had to wear.  They even meet the FlyLady's lace-up requirement, not that I generally wear them if I'm not leaving the house.

Right now, my Chacos

In the winter, either boots or a leather slip-ons. I have 2 pairs of tall boots, a brown and black, but the black is dressier, a pair of short brown boots, and a pair of black slip-ons and brown slip ons.

I wear jeans 95% of the time (when it's cool out), it's either jeans or yoga pants.

Can you explain/define/link "slip-ons"?

Since spending all of 2012 with plantar fasciitis, I've worn running shoes (winter)or keens or birkenstocks (since May or so). Wearing the birkenstocks most days these days. I would like boots but haven't really figured out what I want, what's most useful, or how to pull the funds together at the same time of year as Christmas shopping.

Today, I'm wearing TOMS.  (Most days, I'm wearing them.  ;) )

If it's not those, it's boots.  (I usually wear something similar to the ones on the top right - I would LIKE some similar to the two pairs on the bottom right.  :D )

And I want to get a pair of these converse.

Ballet flats are good, too. 

ETA: I don't have any boot cut jeans - just skinny.  I'd assume these would all look ok with either.  :)

In fall and winter I wear these Clarks http://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Womens-May-Poppy-Loafer/dp/B004HI2E6Y/ref=pd_sbs_shoe_12  which look "put together" with jeans.  I like leather shoes for a nicer look, as opposed to athletic shoes, even cute ones.  If I'm just feeling casual I wear the athletic shoes, but i'm partial to colorful ones after too many years wearing white Reebok princess shoes.  (Uggghh--there are a LOT more shoes now in large sizes than there used to be--thank goodness!)

In the summer time, if I want to wear jeans but still look nice, I wear medium-heeled, very strappy/s*xy sandals and make sure my feet look nice.   It's a good look with a feminine blouse or light summer sweater or embellished tee.   

I have half a dozen pair of Rocket Dogs in various styles, a couple pair of Clarks Unstructured Mary Janes, Born lace up loafers with certain shirts, and a couple pair of Ahnu

I love your style! What kind of socks w Mary Janes? Thinking thin trouser socks?... And tell me more about Ahnu (have never heard of them). What store might carry them so I could try them on? Do you wear socks w them? (I sound sock-obsessed but it's an important issue!)

I have two go-to pairs.

I have a pair of brown, leather Lucky Brand flats, and then I have a pair of ridiculously comfortable gray slip ons... kind of like Toms, but I bought them at Macy's and they're a different brand - SO comfortable AND they look good with jeans.