Menu

My fil died this morning.

My dh's father passed away in his sleep this morning. And dh's stepmother called me when she discovered him.

We live in MI. They have a home here a few miles away, but they are down in Arkansas right now, where they stay for the winter. FIL was planning on coming back up to MI this week.

I literally had an out of body experience while talking to mil. It felt like the weight of the world was crushing down on my shoulders when she told me that I was the first person she had called, because she wanted my dh to know.

I didn't know what to do. Dh was already at work. I finally figured out to call dh's stepfather, and the poor man talked me down. He called dh at work, told him that me and the kids were fine but that he needed to go home right away.

Telling my dh that his father had died was the hardest thing I've ever had to say.

His mother died just two years ago. Dh is holding up well, TOO well, iykwim.

I'm still in a fog.

I'm so sorry. Men deal with things so differently than we women do at times. In the last two years DH has lost his mother, father, and grandmother. He's so strong about it all. Then right before Christmas my dear grandmother died and then days later my great aunt died (grandmother's sister). I still get teary eyed thinking about my grandmother. No I take that back. I start crying.

Oh, I am so very sorry. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been for you. I hopemfor strength and peace in the coming days.

When my mom died I was totally numb at forst. For me I think it was exhaustion. His grief will come, and all you can do is be there for him and love him.

Death is such a hard thing, even when you celebrate where your loved one has gone.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: