Menu

Adrian has been in the hospital many times since my last update.........

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so so sorry you are going through this.

Have you visited healingwell?

There is a forum dedicated to liver disease. These people know all about encephalopathy, MELD scores, lactulose, etc. They are a wonderful, helpful group.

I am praying for you and Adrian. He has to get worse before he will even be given a chance to get better. Liver disease is horrible.:grouphug:

Joanne, I'm so sorry to hear this. I had hoped that things were getting at least little better.

The whole thing about Adrian needing to get worse before getting the help he needs is just mind boggling to me.

I'm so sorry for all that you are going through. You are one strong woman. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug:

I am so very sorry. This is such a tragic situation. I hope and pray your husband survives long enough to get a transplant, and that the transplant helps him recover.

I can't fathom going through what you are going through. It is nearly inevitable that in a long, good marriage, a situation like this will arise at least once, and I know you can carry on, but I really feel for you carrying this burden and pain so young and so relatively early in your marriage.

I hope that you find what you need, and that your husband does better.

You are a very strong woman, and your husband is very lucky to have you.

I'm so sorry things have been so rough, Joanne. I agree that it sounds crazy, so I just asked DH about the transplant list. He said that's exactly what happens, unfortunately. Every transplant center has their own MELD score, based on their criteria, though they're not too far off from each other. When his score reaches a certain point, based on a bunch of things he just listed off to me, then he'll be put on the list.

The other thing he just mentioned is a "split-liver transplant," or living donor. He'd have to have an exact match, but it would work as well as a full transplant for him.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I am so sorry Joanne. I have been praying and will continue to pray.

If you want to share tips on keeping falling adults safe, pm me. I am going through this with my 18 yo dd (the falling and getting hurt, not the liver issue).