Menu

Asking for prayers for my son...

After 19 days in the hospital and 7 brain surgeries, our special son, Jonathan, was just taken to surgery again this morning for the last possible option available to fix the problem with his shunt not draining fluid from his brain. Jonathan is 26 and still loves Barney and asks us to pray for him when he feels bad and gives the best hugs. He is such a joy in our lives. We know there are people all around the country and even the world who have become aware of Jonathan's difficulties and I know that many of you have been so supportive and encouraging to me during this and previous problems, so I wanted to ask once again if you would remember him in your prayers today.

They will be doing a craniotomy for an anatomical hemispherectomy. He has had a previous functional hemispherectomy last Sept. which was very successful in stopping his seizures. Today's surgery is a very major brain surgery that from start to finish should be 4-6 hours long. These last weeks have been so hard on Jonathan and we are praying that the Lord's mercies will relieve him from his suffering however He may choose to do so. If this does not work there are no options left. This is one of the hardest times we have ever been through with Jonathan and we could not bear up if it were not for the mercies and strength of the Lord.

I will hopefully update you over the next day or so as we determine how things turn out. Thank you so much for praying. It means so much.

Penny

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic