Menu

Prayers please--emergency

My dd6 is in the hospital, it started out yesterday as what we thought was poison ivy. This morning she woke up at 5:30 with her eyes swollen shut and with a huge puffy face. DH took her to the emergency room. She was fine until she saw her face and then started crying. At the emergency room they gave her a shot to bring down the swelling but they are going to admit her as they don't know what's causing this, they figure an allergic reaction of some sort and don't want her breathing to stop. They are going to at least keep her overnight.

My son and I are leaving for the hospital now but I figure we can use as many prayers as possible! Thanks Jennifer

DH and oldest dd have bad reactions to poison oak/ivy. When dd was 9(?) and we lived in CT she had poison ivy on her face and one of her eyes was almost swollen shut. She was given an oral steroid.

Tecnu is our friend.

Hoping for the best. :grouphug:

I'm hoping your daughter is getting better. My DS7 just had the same thing and we ended up in the ER 2am Monday morning because I also feared his breathing would stop. It's been slowly spreading to his chest and arms all week, but his face is healing now. He has been on steroids since the ER. He saw his face that night and started crying that he looked like a cherry chipmonk! Poor guy really did.

Some assumed he had Poison Ivy/Oak, but the spreading has me thinking it's something ingested/inhaled. Either way, I understand the fear. My DD5 just started getting it yesterday also, but not nearly as bad. She had been out playing with him the day he caught his (Sat) and hadn't been out again since. DS has always had a weaker immune system than the others.

Keep us updated. I second asking about the EpiPen. We have one and it was a relief to know it was available.