Menu

My heart is heavy. Asking for your prayers.

My mom passed away this evening. While it was not unexpected, since her health has been declining for several weeks, her passing was surprisingly and blessedly quick. I am numb, relieved, and mostly exhausted. I love my siblings, but I feel like I can't be "real" with them, so I have to rely on my IRL and cyber homeschooling family where I can feel and process grief.

I ask for your prayers for my family and for my mom's dear friends who were taken aback by her death. She was the one who drove around all her friends.

Oh, Ellen, I'm so terribly sorry! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Even though you knew your mother was failing, it still doesn't make her death any easier. I'm also very sorry about your siblings.

Please allow your grief, your own personal time table for grief, and take some time off to care for yourself. I still have recovered from my mother's death in July. Take it easy on yourself, especially with Christmas coming. If you celebrate, don't force yourself to do too much. Or go crazy. do what's right for you.

My mom passed away this evening. While it was not unexpected, since her health has been declining for several weeks, her passing was surprisingly and blessedly quick. I am numb, relieved, and mostly exhausted. I love my siblings, but I feel like I can't be "real" with them, so I have to rely on my IRL and cyber homeschooling family where I can feel and process grief.

I ask for your prayers for my family and for my mom's dear friends who were taken aback by her death. She was the one who drove around all her friends.

Ellen, I'm so sorry. My mom just lost her mom last month while her husband (my dad) was also battling cancer. She said in some ways, it was as hard or harder to lose her mother than to face losing her husband. I can understand that.

Barb

I am so, so sorry for your loss. We just lost my Dad in August and although it wasn't out of the blue, we did not expect it as quickly as it came. I spent the better part of a week in total haze and it still comes and goes on me when I least expect it. I will remember your Mom, you and your entire family in my prayers. :grouphug:

So sorry. :(

Ellen,

May your heavy heart be lifted as you remember the good times with your mom. Cyber hugs to you. :grouphug:

I lost my mom many years ago and my second mom (dh's mom) four years ago. Feel free to talk about how you're doing here. Those of us who have been through it understand. Just "do the next thing" and relax as you can for awhile.

Sue