Menu

Personal SARS-COV-2 vaccination experiences

JennyD

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, slackermom said:

I got shot #1 (Pfizer) last week at a mass vax site. This one wasn't outside like many of the other sites in our region, but it was at large indoor track.

Thank you for sharing your experience at a large mass vax site. My age group is opening up Thursday in my state, and the mass site next week, 6K people per day. Might be my earliest opportunity.

Edited by Acadie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kassia said:

Well, now they are backtracking and saying that there weren't many teachers with side effects - mostly mild fevers - but they just didn't have the substitute teachers to cover those who called off. 

I think we're in the same state and Dd14 has scheduled remote schooling Thurs, the day after teachers at her school get their second dose. Typically they are in person.

Subs were hard to come by before the pandemic, and I'm sure the pool is even smaller now because it comes with greater health risks. I have a few homeschooling friends who were subbing before but not anymore.

Got my first dose (moderna) today. My arm is just sore enough that I believe it was real đŸ™‚Â Walmart in Cleveland, TN--this was the first day of expanded eligibility (to everyone 16-64 with health conditions), and they didn't seem prepared for it. I was there just under 2 hours. After awhile they brought in a second person to help administer shots, and that sped things up a lot. 

• Like 4

I got an appointment for my covid vaccine on March 16 and second one on April 6.  Since they are three weeks apart, I assume it's Pfizer?  Fingers and toes crossed it works out!  

My husband worked two J&J mass vaccination clinics this weekend.  Goal was to vaccinate 9,000 people.  Not sure how close they came, but not far from it.  Had several friends who got it.  I haven't heard about side effects from any of them, though.

• Like 8

Anecdotally, I would say at least 50% of the people I know are having significant side effects that would prevent teaching on the day after the shot. I'm one of them! I was running a fever and couldn't stay vertical or awake. In my immediate family, 2 of 4 of us were like that, plus my sister, my friend and her daughter, a fellow Educational Assistant, the teacher I subbed for both Thursday and Friday (he says vaccines always hit him hard), and many other school staff are in the midst of getting their second shots so more anecdotes/data coming soon. I can absolutely believe that if they did a whole school the same day, they wouldn't have enough subs to cover. We never had enough spots at any one vaccine distribution to do everyone at once, so they're all spread out but happening over a couple of weeks. We also don't have many subs this year--mostly we cover for each other. But since we're online they would just tell teachers to put up an asynchronous lesson with no sub--I don't think they would cancel school.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Acadie said:

I think we're in the same state and Dd14 has scheduled remote schooling Thurs, the day after teachers at her school get their second dose. Typically they are in person.

Subs were hard to come by before the pandemic, and I'm sure the pool is even smaller now because it comes with greater health risks. I have a few homeschooling friends who were subbing before but not anymore.

4 hours ago, Ali in OR said:

Anecdotally, I would say at least 50% of the people I know are having significant side effects that would prevent teaching on the day after the shot. I'm one of them! I was running a fever and couldn't stay vertical or awake. In my immediate family, 2 of 4 of us were like that, plus my sister, my friend and her daughter, a fellow Educational Assistant, the teacher I subbed for both Thursday and Friday (he says vaccines always hit him hard), and many other school staff are in the midst of getting their second shots so more anecdotes/data coming soon. I can absolutely believe that if they did a whole school the same day, they wouldn't have enough subs to cover. 

Teachers received second dose on Saturday and canceled school on Monday.  I'm sure subs are very hard to come by.  They even lowered the qualifications needed to substitute to attract more people. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kassia said:

Teachers received second dose on Saturday and canceled school on Monday.  I'm sure subs are very hard to come by.  They even lowered the qualifications needed to substitute to attract more people. 

Yeah, that sounds right for the second shot from everything I've heard. It's an unpleasant vaccine! I'm not looking forward to that, although I'm definitely looking forward to being immune. 

• Like 3

My dad had his 2nd Moderna a week or so ago.  I called him last night to ask how it went.  He said he may have felt some dizziness, but no serious reaction.  My mom had said he had been feeling more tired than usual also.  She suspects he may not be saying much because he wants her to get the shot, which she has no plans to get.  But anyway, for my dad, that's done and all's well.

[I should add that he had a serious sugar spike after his 1st shot, went to the doctor and was put on meds and a severe diet, and then, several days after the 2nd shot, started shaking etc. between meals, tested his sugar and it was at 55.  I'm concerned that the medicine dosage was not right because the sugar spike was partly due to the vax.  Any thoughts on that?]

My kids' school system is closed today so the teachers can recover from their second vax, which they were given as a group (Monday?  Not really sure).  School starts back full time on March 22 (excluding those who opted for virtual all year).  Here's hoping all the teachers are back in shape by then.

Two housemates in their 60s are considering getting the vax, but would like to have an antibody test first.  We'll see how that goes.

I'm in the 50+ group for whom the vax is opening shortly.  I have no plans to get vaxed.  I do think it's pretty likely I already had the virus.

Edited by SKL

What are they saying these days about whether or not people should get the vax if they've already had full-blown Covid?  A teacher friend of mine is in that category.  Is there some evidence that having the vax will provide longer immunity than having symptomatic Covid?

9 minutes ago, SKL said:

What are they saying these days about whether or not people should get the vax if they've already had full-blown Covid?  A teacher friend of mine is in that category.  Is there some evidence that having the vax will provide longer immunity than having symptomatic Covid?

I think there's evidence like higher levels of immune system reaction to the vaccine, but people haven't been vaccinated for long enough to do actual comparisons about the timeline. 

11 minutes ago, SKL said:

I'm in the 50+ group for whom the vax is opening shortly.  I have no plans to get vaxed.  I do think it's pretty likely I already had the virus.

If you aren't sure -- that is, if you didn't have serious symptoms -- you are unlikely to be immune for as long as the vaccine. But obviously that's up to you. 

11 minutes ago, SKL said:

My kids' school system is closed today so the teachers can recover from their second vax, which they were given as a group (Monday?  Not really sure).  School starts back full time on March 22 (excluding those who opted for virtual all year).  Here's hoping all the teachers are back in shape by then.

I'd be very surprised if they aren't. I haven't heard of many reactions that have lasted over a week. (Not that it never happens, but it doesn't seem common.) 

Edited by Not_a_Number
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SKL said:

My dad had his 2nd Moderna a week or so ago.  I called him last night to ask how it went.  He said he may have felt some dizziness, but no serious reaction.  My mom had said he had been feeling more tired than usual also.  She suspects he may not be saying much because he wants her to get the shot, which she has no plans to get.  But anyway, for my dad, that's done and all's well.

[I should add that he had a serious sugar spike after his 1st shot, went to the doctor and was put on meds and a severe diet, and then, several days after the 2nd shot, started shaking etc. between meals, tested his sugar and it was at 55.  I'm concerned that the medicine dosage was not right because the sugar spike was partly due to the vax.  Any thoughts on that?]

Two housemates in their 60s are considering getting the vax, but would like to have an antibody test first.  We'll see how that goes.

If you give blood you can get your antibodies checked for free so you know for sure if you have had it. I've read that the protection from the shot is better than from getting it but don't have links or details offhand. I'm sure someone else is probably more informed here.

3 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Woohoo! Husband - age group 60-64 - got his Scottish blue envelope inviting him for his first jab on Saturday.

Meanwhile the cohort uptake of vaccination is looking pretty good.

Screenshot_20210309-101044_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210309-102000_Chrome.jpg

That is incredible to see such a high percentage vaccinated in the older age groups. 

• Like 6

I got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine yesterday, 5 pm-ish (I qualified as a teacher). So far, so good, but of course it's only 15 hrs post-shot. my arm has been sore since about an hour after, but so far....nothing else. 

So grateful to have it!! 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, SKL said:

I should add that he had a serious sugar spike after his 1st shot, went to the doctor and was put on meds and a severe diet, and then, several days after the 2nd shot, started shaking etc. between meals, tested his sugar and it was at 55.  I'm concerned that the medicine dosage was not right because the sugar spike was partly due to the vax.  Any thoughts on that?]

I know it has been mentioned in one of the threads that Pfizer (I think) causes temporary blood sugar issues in diabetics. So, yes, your concern is warranted! It could very well have been a vaccine-related short-term thing.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, SKL said:

What are they saying these days about whether or not people should get the vax if they've already had full-blown Covid? 

Latest I've seen is that the first shot after a covid infection bumps your immune system up equivalent to or higher than two vaccine shots, but the study was small. They haven't changed recommendations yet but could eventually decide only one shot is required if you already had Covid.

There is a recommendation to wait 90 days after your most recent covid infection before receiving your first immunization. I don't know how formal that recommendation is.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Soror said:

That is incredible to see such a high percentage vaccinated in the older age groups. 

Invitations are all done by post, so there's no technological barrier.  I think a lot of GPs have also been calling people up if they didn't take up a vaccination offer and asking them if the GP can help with their decision.  I posted an interview with one doctor in England who found that 70% of those he talked to asked to make an appointment after the talk.  Because the GP system is cradle-to-grave, the majority of older people will have a long-term relationship already with their local GP.

We've also had three lockdowns plus semi-lockdowns, with people at special risk 'shielding' completely for months on end.  It's seen as a get-out-of-jail card by many people.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, kristin0713 said:

Has anyone gotten Janssen? 

eta - I mean anyone here with an experience to report on  

I’ve seen social media posts from a couple local friends and no problem for either of them. I don’t think either was down at all with more than a sore arm. 

• Like 1

DH update - vaccine was yesterday afternoon. He was tired and a bit dizzy yesterday evening, then got a second wind and stayed up until midnight working on stuff on the computer. was up early today, feels fine other than arm is sore if he presses on it. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Laura Corin said:

Invitations are all done by post, so there's no technological barrier.  I think a lot of GPs have also been calling people up if they didn't take up a vaccination offer and asking them if the GP can help with their decision.  I posted an interview with one doctor in England who found that 70% of those he talked to asked to make an appointment after the talk.  Because the GP system is cradle-to-grave, the majority of older people will have a long-term relationship already with their local GP.

We've also had three lockdowns plus semi-lockdowns, with people at special risk 'shielding' completely for months on end.  It's seen as a get-out-of-jail card by many people.

I hope they move that direction here after we've exhausted those that are willing to get it without prompting. I can imagine it would be a big help to hear from one's doctor. There is of course plenty here that don't have regular doctors due to crappy medical care and costs. I'm nervous to see what our percentage is going to be, it is a very conservative area and there is a lot of misinformation out there. 

• Like 2

Through some good timing, a loophole, and other factors I won't go into, I was able to be vaccinated today. I'd feel guilty, but it's pretty easy here to get a vaccine now, and where I went in fact had zero wait and was well below capacity, so I don't feel badly I took a shot from others trying desperately to get them. And frankly, I was very grateful to get it now, rather than in a month, because they are getting ready to switch over to Johnson and Johnson at a lot of sites, and with my son being at risk, I want one more likely to prevent me from spreading it, not just me getting sick. 

Anyway, got it about 11:30am, and my arm started to get sore at the end of the 15 minute waiting period. Not bad, but noticable. Still not bad, but now I have a bit of a fever (5 1/2 hours later) and am feeling flushed - my face particuarly. A bit tired, bit of a headache. I was willing to write off the headache as allergies, mine are badly the last few weeks, but that wouldn't explain the fever or flushed feeling. 

My guess is that my immune system was already ramped up due to the stupid oak pollen everywhere so having a more extensive reaction than otherwise. Cause this seems quick? It's not bad, I still cleaned up some, put a roast in the instant pot, etc, but not going to workout type thing. Oh, appetite is off - didn't even finish my afternoon coffee. Ate a few popsicles though - those sounded good. 

Oh - it was Phizer vaccine. 

• Like 11

Yesterday I drove DH 81.5 miles--one way--to get a vaccine in a small town.  We live in a major metropolitan area and have a mass vaccination site within two blocks of our house, a medical school within 2 miles, and a major medical center within 3 miles of our hosue.  Although he is over 70, and has been on those waiting lists since December/January, he was still way down on a waiting list to even make an appointment.  He received Pfizer; he has a second dose scheduled in three weeks in the same location (we will see if we can find something closer for the second dose).  Wouldn't you know it--on the drive back he got a text from the county saying that he could schedule an appointment at a center (that would have been only 30 miles away) for next week.

Just in the last 30 minutes I received a notification from my employer that I can receive a vaccine tomorrow from their supply.  It will be Johnson and Johnson. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ktgrok said:

Through some good timing, a loophole, and other factors I won't go into, I was able to be vaccinated today. I'd feel guilty, but it's pretty easy here to get a vaccine now, and where I went in fact had zero wait and was well below capacity, so I don't feel badly I took a shot from others trying desperately to get them. And frankly, I was very grateful to get it now, rather than in a month, because they are getting ready to switch over to Johnson and Johnson at a lot of sites, and with my son being at risk, I want one more likely to prevent me from spreading it, not just me getting sick. 

Yay! Glad you managed to get it. 

Anyway, got it about 11:30am, and my arm started to get sore at the end of the 15 minute waiting period. Not bad, but noticable. Still not bad, but now I have a bit of a fever (5 1/2 hours later) and am feeling flushed - my face particuarly. A bit tired, bit of a headache. I was willing to write off the headache as allergies, mine are badly the last few weeks, but that wouldn't explain the fever or flushed feeling. 

My guess is that my immune system was already ramped up due to the stupid oak pollen everywhere so having a more extensive reaction than otherwise. Cause this seems quick? It's not bad, I still cleaned up some, put a roast in the instant pot, etc, but not going to workout type thing. Oh, appetite is off - didn't even finish my afternoon coffee. Ate a few popsicles though - those sounded good. 

I know DH felt pretty icky a couple of hours after the vaccine. It was fast for him, too. Then he felt basically OK the next morning. 

Oh - it was Phizer vaccine. 

I think he also had Pfizer. 

• Like 1

Has anyone who has experienced a severe allergic reaction to a drug recevied a COVID vaccine?  If so, what was your experience? 

When DH was signing up for an appointment, questions were asked about that.  He does not have any history of reactions.  He received the vaccine at a small town CVS and was told "hang around for a few minutes" but no one did anything to follow up or check on him.  

I HAVE had a severe allergic reaction to a medicine.  I was hoping to be able to get the vaccinne after consultation with (and under the supervision of) my physician (but that is a bit complicated because my physician who treated me at the time of the reaction has retired and I have moved--not long before COVID hit and have only seen the nurse practitioner in my new town a couple of times for minor things so she doesn't have the hsitorical experience of my reaction).  I have the opportunity to get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine tomorrow morning through my employer.  No questions about medical issues/allergies were asked when signing up;  it was simply a computer form with birthdate, name, etc.--and no place to add any info. 

I am thinking that I will be asked tomorrow when I arrive about previous reactions; I am just wondering what to expect and if they will give me the vaccine in a non-medical setting.  

• Like 1

My mother had her second Pfizer shot a week ago last Saturday. She reported severe joint pain on Monday or Tuesday following the shot. She said she felt so old & just could barely move. The following morning, she was back to feeling "normal." I'm so happy for her!

• Like 9

@Bootsie I have severe allergies to lots of meds - very long list - among other things. I had my Pfizer shot today.

We discussed ahead of time with the allergist, and she said to take our epipens and hang out for 30 minutes.  She said it would be ok to take Benadryl ahead of time, but I did not.  

According to what she’s reading, most allergic reactions are because of the propylene glycol (like in. Colonoscopy prep or Miralax) and another ingredient whose name escapes me, it’s listed on the cdc website, I think.  I will try to update this later with that info. Anyway, I am not allergic to either of those, and she encouraged me to get the shot.

I react to everything, every shot with a big immune response.  So my experience may differ from yours, but ... my arm felt warm fairly quickly, by 15 minutes it was noticeably sore.  I had a few episodes of feeling light-headed (this could have been anxiety about having anaphylaxis, if you’ve been there too, you’ll know why).  At 30 minutes, I just really wanted fresh air, so we left. By the time we got home 20 minutes later, I felt better.

Now I am achey, tired, chills and a little feverish.  All within the realm of normal, and not an allergic reaction.

I hope tomorrow goes well for you!

Edited by Spryte
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bootsie said:

Has anyone who has experienced a severe allergic reaction to a drug recevied a COVID vaccine?  If so, what was your experience? 

When DH was signing up for an appointment, questions were asked about that.  He does not have any history of reactions.  He received the vaccine at a small town CVS and was told "hang around for a few minutes" but no one did anything to follow up or check on him.  

I HAVE had a severe allergic reaction to a medicine.  I was hoping to be able to get the vaccinne after consultation with (and under the supervision of) my physician (but that is a bit complicated because my physician who treated me at the time of the reaction has retired and I have moved--not long before COVID hit and have only seen the nurse practitioner in my new town a couple of times for minor things so she doesn't have the hsitorical experience of my reaction).  I have the opportunity to get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine tomorrow morning through my employer.  No questions about medical issues/allergies were asked when signing up;  it was simply a computer form with birthdate, name, etc.--and no place to add any info. 

I am thinking that I will be asked tomorrow when I arrive about previous reactions; I am just wondering what to expect and if they will give me the vaccine in a non-medical setting.  

When I went today they had a list of questions to ask as you checked in, and one was if you were allergic to anything. If you answered yes to that, or certain other questions, you were assigned to a 30 minute wait after the shot instead of the 15 minute wait. Our waits were in a big tent with ventilation going, spaced apart, with national guard and at least one nurse practictioner in there - the 30 minute group was in a different tent, I'd bet they had more nurses there? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Spryte said:

@Bootsie I have severe allergies to lots of meds - very long list - among other things. I had my Pfizer shot today.

We discussed ahead of time with the allergist, and she said to take our epipens and hang out for 30 minutes.  She said it would be ok to take Benadryl ahead of time, but I did not.  

According to what she’s reading, most allergic reactions are because of the propylene glycol (like in. Colonoscopy prep or Miralax) and another ingredient whose name escapes me, it’s listed on the cdc website, I think.  I will try to update this later with that info. Anyway, I am not allergic to either of those, and she encouraged me to get the shot.

I react to everything, every shot with a big immune response.  So my experience may differ from yours, but ... my arm felt warm fairly quickly, by 15 minutes it was noticeably sore.  I had a few episodes of feeling light-headed (this could have been anxiety about having anaphylaxis, if you’ve been there too, you’ll know why).  At 30 minutes, I just really wanted fresh air, so we left. By the time we got home 20 minutes later, I felt better.

Now I am achey, tired, chills and a little feverish.  All within the realm of normal, and not an allergic reaction.

Glad you got your shot! 

This definitely sounds like DH's reaction. He felt better the next morning, so I hope you do, too. 

• Like 2

I checked the phases in my county today. I will be in the final "everyone else" phase 5, and the website estimated that group would be vaccinated winter 2021! đŸ˜³

That gave me a shock before I noticed the note, "timeline expected to change based on increased allocations."

Edited by iamonlyone
  • Like 3

I appreciate this thread. I am scheduled for my first Moderna shot tomorrow. I will admit the anti-vaxxers are getting in my head a bit. So I appreciate all the people sharing their experiences here. 

Dh got his first Moderna today. He is fine. I am trying not to suggest he might have symptoms lest he have a reaction just based on suggestion. But he seems fine. Sore arm like a flu shot. He did buy Tylenol at Walmart where he got the shot because that was what was suggested if he had a headache. I think he took that once but he really seems totally fine. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spryte said:

I hope you are feeling better soon and that you side effects are mild.  Thanks for the info.  I had an allergic reaction to phenergan administered through an IV; since I was already in the hospital I had immediate care, but my reaction was severe (including hallucinations and uncontrollable spasms in which I nearly threw myself out of the hospital bed).  So, I don't have a known reaction to an ingredient in one of the shots, but something that ranks as a "yellow-caution" on CDC site.  It is a bit unerving not to know exactly how careful particular vaccinating sites are being.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bootsie said:

I hope you are feeling better soon and that you side effects are mild.  Thanks for the info.  I had an allergic reaction to phenergan administered through an IV; since I was already in the hospital I had immediate care, but my reaction was severe (including hallucinations and uncontrollable spasms in which I nearly threw myself out of the hospital bed).  So, I don't have a known reaction to an ingredient in one of the shots, but something that ranks as a "yellow-caution" on CDC site.  It is a bit unerving not to know exactly how careful particular vaccinating sites are being.  

It’s stressful.  

And doubly so if you’ve had a severe allergic reaction.  I would suggest that when you go to the waiting area, depending on how your site is handling things, you let one of the nurses know that you’ve a history of allergic reactions to meds, and are concerned.  They can keep a closer eye on you.

I did not do that - I wanted to appear confident for my 80 yr old mom (who has had anaphylaxis more times than I can count), and I didn’t want her worrying.  But we did have a volunteer check in with us, when it was clear we were staying 30 mins. But ... I had my DH, who never reacts badly, and he was monitoring things pretty closely, epipens in hand, for both of us.

Do take your epipens and inhaler, if you have them!

I’ll be thinking of you.  Allergies are the worst, and this vaccine would be stressful enough without that on top of it.

• Like 2

Got my second Pfizer vaccine today. Easy least and my arm isn't even sure like it was for the first shot. I'm fact I had a headache all day from muscular stress and it went away after the vaccination. I'm hoping that I'll feel good tomorrow; I have a full day of school and volunteering.

• Like 10

So yesterday I said I had a low grade fever and felt yucky about 5 hours after vaccine. Fever only lasted a few hours, and was minimal - under 100 F. Was sleepy and slept hard last night, feel fine this morning other than sore arm. It it more sore than other vaccines I've had, was really hurting last night but didn't keep me awake or anything. Now only hurts when I raise arm over my head. I did move it as much as possible yesterday. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, SKL said:

Maybe a dumb question, but does anyone know why this shot apparently hurts (at the vax site) more than other vaxes?

I haven't heard anyone say that it does. DS22 had the first Pfizer last week and didn't mention it hurting at all. A friend had it yesterday (also Pfizer) and said she barely felt it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SKL said:

Maybe a dumb question, but does anyone know why this shot apparently hurts (at the vax site) more than other vaxes?

Must be the chip being inserted. Â đŸ¤£

(Kidding!  I kid!  No chip.)

My arm is sore this morning, still.  DH and my mom don’t feel a thing.  My ILs didn’t feel a thing for either shot, nor did my two sisters or an elderly aunt and uncle.  Two of my local friends had sore arms, like me, but that’s it. So I personally know 8 people without soreness, 3 with.

I would not say this hurts more than other vaccines.  It’s less than a tetanus shot.  And less than the flu shot I had this past fall (that was a doozy for two weeks, swollen and bright red).

I think our immune systems vary.  Mine is wonky, and I always react to shots in a big way.  Probably genetic as my father did as well.

Maybe we are just talking about it more?  I don’t usually mention my sore arms after shots.

Edited by Spryte
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

15 minutes ago, SKL said:

No idea. I did feel this was the worst shot I've ever had (for side effects)

And the Side effects I had were relatively minor considering what I hear

Edited by vonfirmath

2 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

I haven't heard anyone say that it does. DS22 had the first Pfizer last week and didn't mention it hurting at all. A friend had it yesterday (also Pfizer) and said she barely felt it.

DH's arm seems to hurt as much as a flu vax. Nothing spectacular. 

At least for the first shot, the unusual thing was the rapid immune response (I'd guess that's because it's an mRNA vaccine and therefore things just move more directly?) and the fact that he was QUITE zonked for a bit right after. It seems to provoke a much stronger immune reaction than normal vaccines, from everything I've seen.

I'm sure that's also why it seems to be more effective! I'd be curious whether it also turns out that mRNA vaccines are also more effective against other things... 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SKL said:

I don't know that it is. My son had less reaction than he does to flu vaccines, I had more. Go figure. 

Didn't hurt at all getting it, less than a flu vaccine. 

Also, I know my immune system is ramped up from allergies, so that could play a role. 

Right now it is just somewhat sore, but the muscle keeps twitching, lol. Like an eye twitch in my shoulder. 

28 minutes ago, SKL said:

Mine was the same or maybe even less than normal. Growing up, the tetanus boosters were worse than this. And when I had a typhoid vax one time, it was much, much worse. Much.

13 minutes ago, Kassia said:

I haven't had the covid vaccine yet, but the Shingrix shots made my arm SO sore.  It was so sore that I was actually amused by it.  I have no idea why it made my arm so sore when other vaccines don't.  

I was just coming on here to say the same thing!!!  That sucker hurt -- both times!

• Like 2

My DH (HCW) had Moderna with only slight tiredness after the second dose. My parents (80s), in-laws (80s) and uncle (70s) all had Pfizer. The only reaction was that my Mom's RA seems to have kick up for the last 3 weeks. She did skip a dose of one of her weekly RA drugs like she's supposed to for the flu shot.

Two my DC (police officer, HCW) had it and didn't have side effects. Don't know which vaccine, but DS1 said the officers that thought they had had Covid seemed to have more side effects.

• Like 2