Menu

Easy costume for teen that doesn’t like to dress up but has to

teachermom2834

My costume hater will wear a hat of some sort from Party City, and then maybe coordinate clothes accordingly:

https://www.partycity.com/costume-accessories-hats

Edited to add:  Peruvian hats or baseball style caps are preferred.  She is wearing a Where's Waldo baseball cap this year.  Add jeans and a striped shirt.  She owns a purple minion peruvian hat and has worn it in the past with a purple shirt and jeans.  

Edited by perky
  • Like 1

One year my dh went as a cia spook. He drew a ghost face on a white t shirt and wore it under his regular clothes, then when requested he showed the t shirt and said he was under cover. Could do the same thing by writer “FBI” on a tshirt.

Edited by saraha
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fairfarmhand said:

Buy him a yellow shirt, paint a zigzag on it and be Charlie Brown.

ETA: You can just buy this shirt, ready made to be charlie brown.

I'd say only if he doesn't mind telling people who he is all night long, bc lots of kids are not going to recognize Charlie Brown. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, happysmileylady said:

What is the event and how old are the kids involved?

Hmmm...his 4-H group is hosting a trunk or treat. I assume the under 10 crowd mostly. He is president of the entire state 4-H so he does feel like he needs to lead by example and wear a respectable costume even though he’d rather go as a nerd. He is totally a nerd so he doesn’t need to dress up for that 😂

Think Geek has stuff that he might actually like this time of the year.

A couple of years back I got a spider web lace poncho from them.  I wear it over a dark long sleeved shirt so the lace is subtle, with Halloween leggings from LuLaRoe.  I also got a Star Fleet tunic that I can wear with jeans or black pants.  Instant costume, and easy to be in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tanaqui said:

Sounds like some of the lazier options are not really a good choice, not with that age group.

What's his issue with costumes, anyway? Is it a comfort thing (as many costumes are made super cheap) or a "I feel silly" thing?

I guess it is an "I feel silly" thing more than comfort. And anything I suggest he feels isn't really true to his character and he would not enjoy having to explain to everyone who he is. So I guess maybe he feels like the costume needs to mean something to him. He's a bit rigid 😂

I think he has an idea to be a 4-H clover. He is super into 4-H and we will be out in public and someone we don't know will go "hey you're the 4-H guy". It is silly but at least it is all in on being silly. Not like he is trying to be cool. And the event is sponsored by 4-H and it's an appropriate costume. He has a 4-H beanie and 4-H socks and a 4-H covid mask so I think he's going to go all in on that. He will feel very silly but at least it will feel true to who he is and makes sense for the event and his advisors will likely be pleased and it will make good promotional pics, etc. 

But thanks for all the suggestions!!

• Like 4