Menu

Jeans! What are your current favorite brand/pair?

Shellydon

My favorite style is dark color (indigo or black), high waist, skinny but stretchy fit. I don’t have a favorite brand but I mainly buy Joe’s, Paige, AG, 7 for All Mankind, True Religion from premium outlets and Nordstrom Rack. I am less than 5 miles from a premium outlet so shopping sales is easy as I could take the light rail train door to door.

My difficulty is with length as I need size 00P if I am looking at the women’s section instead of kids section. I actually found more on the sales racks and that’s fine with me since jeans doesn’t change much fashion wise with seasons so last season’s jeans (or discontinued models) on sale is great. For me the sits below the waist jeans ends up sitting just above my hip bone so I can’t wear those without a belt. My waist is 23”, hip 36” and need a 26” or 27” inseam but I don’t mind folding up the jeans leg.

I did get denim shorts off the boys section as I wanted one that end just above my knee and not mid thigh.

I know they’re dorky mom jeans, but I like my Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans. They never change other than length and styling. The fit is always the same. That’s what drives me nuts about shopping around - what’s right one season can be all wrong the next. Who has time for that?

• Like 6

So of these brands, which ones fit a less curvy figure?  I'm shaped w/a larger waist and slimmer hips, no butt but a gut (ughh...the gut makes skinny jeans tricky), medium thighs, regular height.  Do we get points for at least trying to stay fashionably up-to-date?....lol

DD15 is shaped with a curvy behind/thighs and skinny waist, 5'11", and loves soft, stretchy jeans/jeggings.  American Eagle is her go-to brand primarily for their talls.  For her the darker the wash, the less skin-tight they look.  She has to go a size larger in the khaki styles so it doesn't look like she's wearing a second skin or going naked from far away 😲 but then they are looser in the waist.

13 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

So of these brands, which ones fit a less curvy figure?  I'm shaped w/a larger waist and slimmer hips, no butt but a gut (ughh...the gut makes skinny jeans tricky), medium thighs, regular height.  

Levis, Joe’s, Paige has sit below waists models/styles that are great for less curvy figures. If you could wear size 28 for guys, I would try guys jeans too because some styles like the Joe’s Brixton might be a good fit and guys jeans have deeper pockets. 

• Like 1

I like the Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans, as well. I usually buy them at Kohl's when they are on sale, but I've also found them at Costco occasionally. I don't mind if they would be considered a mom jean style, because I always wear long shirts that cover the top of the jeans, anyway.

DD14 loves mom jeans anyway, so I figure I may be in style nonetheless 😁.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ChrisB said:

So of these brands, which ones fit a less curvy figure?  I'm shaped w/a larger waist and slimmer hips, no butt but a gut (ughh...the gut makes skinny jeans tricky), medium thighs, regular height.  Do we get points for at least trying to stay fashionably up-to-date?....lol

Athleta!

I love their skinny jeans— I have them in dark wash, black and grey. They have a high waist that helps keep everything under control. Ahem. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MEmama said:

Athleta!

I love their skinny jeans— I have them in dark wash, black and grey. They have a high waist that helps keep everything under control. Ahem. 🙂

I have wanted to try their jeans since they came out, but forget about them every time I buy new ones! lol

My current favorites are Hudson skinny jeans. Sooooo soft - they go on like butter. 💛

My second daughter owns approximately eleventy-billion jeans and the ones she consistently pulls out are her True Religions and her American Eagle jeans.

• Like 1

Yeah, my dds like American Eagle also--as does almost every high schooler where I work! I won't even try them because I don't want to look like I'm trying to look like a high schooler, so I go for the Mom brands. Eddie Bauer is my favorite but I also have some Lands End.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ali in OR said:

Yeah, my dds like American Eagle also--as does almost every high schooler where I work! I won't even try them because I don't want to look like I'm trying to look like a high schooler, so I go for the Mom brands. Eddie Bauer is my favorite but I also have some Lands End.

I think if you can wear the brand and you want to, you should go for it! Jeans that fit you well won’t look like you’re trying to be anything but your stylish, well dressed self. 🙂

• Like 3

My favorites are Lucky Brand Lolita skinnies. All of mine are the ankle style, so they’re supposed to be short. I don’t think they come any longer though since they’re a crop type of style. They are long enough for me to wear my mid-calf boots over in the winter and they look like any other skinny jeans would.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07PN15H3R?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&th=1

• Like 1

7 for All Mankind, Kimmie, straight leg.  I wear athletic shoes at work, and hate wearing skinny jeans with athletic shoes. 

Kut From the Kloth skinny jeans. I don't remebmer the style. 

Hudson straight leg

I'm tall and narrow in the hips. I tend to wear junior style jeans because I have thin thighs. So many jeans for women have larger hips/thighs. 

Edited by Tap
  • Like 1

I love jeans from White House/Black Market. They offer both high and mid-rises. Skinny and slim.  Different lengths (crop, ankle, regular). Tall and Petite sizing as well.  Curvy jeans. They really have a lot of variety in wash, styles, and sizes.  I go up one size in their skinnies compared to their slims.  

@Arcadia - they offer 00P if you ever want to try to buy there.  

• Like 3

I’m still a fan of my often-mentioned JAG pull-on jeans. I love the way the front is smooth under tops; no button/zipper fly sticking out. They have one now that is better than ever. The top has belt loops and looks in every way like “normal” jeans, but just without the button and zip. I’ll try to post a link. 

10 hours ago, Hoggirl said:

I love jeans from White House/Black Market. They offer both high and mid-rises. Skinny and slim.  Different lengths (crop, ankle, regular). Tall and Petite sizing as well.  Curvy jeans. They really have a lot of variety in wash, styles, and sizes.  I go up one size in their skinnies compared to their slims.  

@Arcadia - they offer 00P if you ever want to try to buy there.  

Ooh I bought a pair of the their crops this summer and they look soooooo good on me! I had forgotten about them. I still love Torrid but I was surprised how much I loved these, too! 

On 8/27/2019 at 8:19 AM, Quill said:

I’m still a fan of my often-mentioned JAG pull-on jeans. I love the way the front is smooth under tops; no button/zipper fly sticking out. They have one now that is better than ever. The top has belt loops and looks in every way like “normal” jeans, but just without the button and zip. I’ll try to post a link. 

Most of their jeans are not long enough, but I do own one pair. they are snug in the morning but by lunch I'm constantly yanking them up, so I rarely wear them. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Shellydon said:

Most of their jeans are not long enough, but I do own one pair. they are snug in the morning but by lunch I'm constantly yanking them up, so I rarely wear them. 

Aww, that’s too bad. I love mine. 

On 8/27/2019 at 8:19 AM, Quill said:

Another vote for JAG.  

• Like 1

Black Market, White House. I have 2 pairs that are my favorites. One is dark/slim/stretchy and the other is a bit lighter with embroidered flowers and looser. They're both awesome. The dark, traditionally styled ones are SO comfy because of their stretch even though they absolutely are and look like jeans, not jeggings/etc. They were outrageously overpriced (maybe $85 for the normal ones and $120 for the embroidered ones),  and I bought them in desperation (limited time, needed attractive jeans), but I'd spend it again now, knowing how much I like these jeans. 

If you can even consider spending that kind of money for jeans, I'd definitely recommend going and trying on a pair or two. (I normally will spend maybe $50-60 on jeans if they're perfect (and usually look for sales to pay half that), but I'd never before considered 100/ish.) Considering that I really only need to buy a new pair on average every 2-3 years, and wear each pair hundreds of times, I think I'll now feel liberated to spend whatever I want, as I did with this one purchase last year. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I know these are pricey and even though I bought them on sale for $53, I would pay full price - they are THAT flattering on me.

Curvy Sculpting High Rise Skinny Jeans

I bought a size 10 - I'm 5'2" and 153 - and these fit so comfortably! The length is good, not ankle length like the model but not bunched up on me either.  The high rise holds in my tummy without squeezing me to death and it feels great. They come in different washes, too.

• Like 1

I've ordered and tried on Chico, Lee, Wrangler, Levi, Talbot, NYDJ and Lands End. The Lands End fit almost right-- they are about 1 inch shorter than I like and I have to wear a belt (common issue, I like pants looser in the thighs which means they are too big in the waist).   The NYDJ fit perfectly and I kept them, all the rest had fit issues and were returned.

I loathe jean shopping. I have become a huge fan of Stitch Fix for this reason. They send me a variety of jeans, I try them out at home, and keep the ones that fit. I've been so pleased at how often the jeans they send fit like a glove. The brands that they've sent that work for me are Liverpool, STS Blue, Studio Blue, Cosmic Blue Love....just realizing how many brands have Blue in them, lol.

Another update- LLBean jeans. Their jeans are very high waisted, and the tall long enough. the jeans fit me well in the waist and thighs but there is a lot of extra material on both sides of the zipper. I find this to be a common problem for me. it may be if I went down the size that they fit fine, but I would have to pay shipping both ways and I'm not willing to do that, so I'm just returning them. 

Ladies, I ordered PAJAMAJEANS from Amazon--oh yes, I did--and I actually like them. They have a DRAWSTRING waist, which I absolutely love, because usually if jeans are big enough for my ample derrière they are too large in the waist. They are made of a more substantial fabric than leggings, actually look quite denim-y, and are super comfy.

Some caveats: they don't lend themselves to wearing any shapewear (i.e. Spanx) underneath, but I suppose that would kind of defeat the purpose of comfort anyway. Also, they don't have enough body to hold in anything--they are not going to make your tummy or booty look better, at all. I only wear jeans with tops and sweaters that cover both my tummy and my tush, so it's not so much of a problem for me. I definitely wouldn't wear them with anything that doesn't cover the waist.

Just FYI. 🙂

p.s. Somehow I used three (!!!) different euphemisms for backside in this post. (Make that four. 😉)

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, MercyA said:

Ladies, I ordered PAJAMAJEANS from Amazon--oh yes, I did--and I actually like them. They have a DRAWSTRING waist, which I absolutely love, because usually if jeans are big enough for my ample derrière they are too large in the waist. They are made of a more substantial fabric than leggings, actually look quite denim-y, and are super comfy.

Some caveats: they don't lend themselves to wearing any shapewear (i.e. Spanx) underneath, but I suppose that would kind of defeat the purpose of comfort anyway. Also, they don't have enough body to hold in anything--they are not going to make your tummy or booty look better, at all. I only wear jeans with tops and sweaters that cover both my tummy and my tush, so it's not so much of a problem for me. I definitely wouldn't wear them with anything that doesn't cover the waist.

Just FYI. 🙂

p.s. Somehow I used three (!!!) different euphemisms for backside in this post. (Make that four. 😉)

😁😃 Love this review. 

• Thanks 1