Menu

Will you watch TLC special on Jessa and Jill

lea_lpz

We've watched their show from the beginning but we're not watching these specials. I'm guessing TLC is using them to test whether a Duggar Daughter series would fly and I don't care to see them on tv anymore. I want them to fade away, off the tv, off the pages of People, back to normal lives. 

Jill and Jessa are married and both couples are capable of getting jobs and supporting their families. Anna, too.  Josh will be out of rehab and can get a job.  

Now, if they were leaving the ATI lifestyle, I would probably be interested in seeing how their lives change and how they adjust after being raised in a Gothard home. But they are just the next generation of Gothard followers. Nothing for me to see here. 

• Like 15

1. Don't have cable.

2. Never watched the Duggars

3. Numbers 1 and 2 are unlikely to change now, even if I were inclined to watch this.

4. Not inclined to watch anything that might trigger TLC to keep promoting ATI and a toxic form of patriarchy via the Duggars.

:iagree:  Same here, with all four points.

• Like 1

1. Don't have cable.

2. Never watched the Duggars

3. Numbers 1 and 2 are unlikely to change now, even if I were inclined to watch this.

4. Not inclined to watch anything that might trigger TLC to keep promoting ATI and a toxic form of patriarchy via the Duggars.

Exactly this.

No, I would not even if I had ready access to it (Here in Australia it's only on pay TV) I'm a conservative Christian and I happen to think they all need to GET OFF TV and deal with the mess they are in.  I suspect more than a few of them need serious REAL counselling but I doubt they will get it. I am so upset at the influence these people are having on those who can't or won't stop to think about the many issues that seem to be obvious to me.

sorry.... Rant over :mellow:

• Like 5

We've watched their show from the beginning but we're not watching these specials. I'm guessing TLC is using them to test whether a Duggar Daughter series would fly and I don't care to see them on tv anymore. I want them to fade away, off the tv, off the pages of People, back to normal lives.

Jill and Jessa are married and both couples are capable of getting jobs and supporting their families. Anna, too. Josh will be out of rehab and can get a job.

Now, if they were leaving the ATI lifestyle, I would probably be interested in seeing how their lives change and how they adjust after being raised in a Gothard home. But they are just the next generation of Gothard followers. Nothing for me to see here.

My feelings exactly.

If they don't have a route for making money by celebrity, there is a better chance that they will raise their families by making and managing money in the ordinary ways. I would like for Jill and Jessa's babies to grow up without cameras examining their lives.

• Like 5

No, I've never seen the Duggars and any information I've gleaned on them I've gotten here. 

I'd really like reality tv to disappear.   Here and there I've read that not a few young women today view reality tv as a great career path.  (No cites, sorry.)   The current phenomenon of people becoming famous for no reason - no talent, no particular accomplishments, etc. - is disturbing.

• Like 6

no.  I didn't watch their show, nor have I seen any of their specials.  I might watch a special on anna kicking josh to the curb and divorcing him. I would want to support her.  I think she was lied to about him and didn't know who she was marrying.  JB and M covered up what he did and are a definite part of the problem. they didn't get their daughters (or josh) credible and effective help.

• Like 4

If the shows are available "on demand" from our cable co. then I'll watch...  I'm busy with my own "reality show" in the evening.   During the afternoon, however, I'll often watch tv or listen to the radio while I fold laundry or do other exciting chores.   I like some reality shows.  Is House Hunters International considered a reality show?  If so, that's my favorite, but I'll also watch shows about families...19 Kids and Counting, Bringing Up Bates, and Sister Wives.  I started to watch an episode of Honey Boo Boo once, but couldn't stand the coarse language.   I also like animal "reality" shows...there are two local brothers-in-law who rescue cats stuck in trees, and they've got a show!   Laugh at me, feel sorry me, throw tomatoes at me...I can take it!  

I hope Jill gets her own special.  I would be interested in seeing what her life is like in Central America.  As for Jessa, I hope all goes well for her but I'm a squeamish sort so I wouldn't be interested in watching a whole show about her labor and delivery.  (That's the nice part about watching "on demand"...I can fast-forward past stuff like that.  :laugh: )

My feelings exactly.

If they don't have a route for making money by celebrity, there is a better chance that they will raise their families by making and managing money in the ordinary ways. I would like for Jill and Jessa's babies to grow up without cameras examining their lives.

:iagree: