Menu

(Update in post 179) Boardie needs prayers for her ds as he goes for major surgery!

Catwoman

MOMINCO POSTED AN UPDATE IN POST 179 -- Things seem to be looking up for Mayank! :hurray:

------------------------------------------

Older posts:

URGENT UPDATE:

I just received a PM from Mayank's mom, and he needs urgent prayers!

The surgery took over 8 hours, and there were complications, so now he is in the ICU.

His mom is asking for lots of prayers and she said she will send another update as soon as she can.

I was hoping to be able to post a positive update, but this sounds very scary! :(

Please pray, or if you don't pray, please send healing thoughts to Mayank.

-----------------------

Original post is here:

-----------------------

I received a PM from a board member whom I don't know very well and who doesn't post often, but she seems like a lovely person and she is very worried about her ds, so I'm starting a thread on her behalf to ask for prayers for her son.

Here's what's going on...

Her son is 15 and his name is Mayank (pronounced "my-unk") and has been homeschooled for 7 years. He is headed to pre-OP at a hospital in Dallas right now, and tomorrow morning he will have surgery to replace the metal mitral valve which he has had since he was 5.

She and her family would greatly appreciate any prayers or positive healing thoughts you could send them. This is major surgery and they are very scared and worried.

Thanks!!!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received a PM from Mayank's mom and she wanted me to let you know that it means a lot to have all the prayers, thoughts, and hugs everyone is sending.

In case I'm not online too much tomorrow, I hope someone will keep bumping this thread throughout the day so we can keep Mayank in our thoughts and prayers as he goes through the surgery.

Thanks so much for all of the lovely responses to this thread! :)

I lived in/near Dallas for 28 years. There are wonderful hospitals and doctors there. I will include him in my prayers. There is a medical school there. The UT SW Medical School, which is adjacent to Parkland Memorial Hospital.  I believe that a Teaching Hospital probably offers the best possibility of great care, because of the oversight.

No updates yet -- I keep checking my PMs, just in case!

The mom did tell me in her last PM that I might not hear anything from her for a few days, so right now I'm hoping that no news is good news.

I'll let everyone know as soon as I hear from her.

Thanks again for all the hugs, prayers, and support everyone has been sending her and her son. :)