1. 1. do you wear underwear undre your pj's

• yes
    • no, just pj's over my skin
    • I sleep in starkers
    • what are pj's?
    • I am fully dressed
    • I only wear underwear
    • other
  2. 2. do your children wear underwear under their pj's?

• yes
    • no
    • other

I answered yes to both questions.  The boys prefer to just sleep in boxers with or without a t-shirt, depending on the weather.

My now deceased grandmother told me years ago that they never wore undies under their pajamas.  I think it had something to do with hygiene.  A bit of "air circulation" ?? ?

After three kids, I feel like I should be wearing Depends full time.  One sneeze and I would wet the bed :lol: .

I often sleep starkers (naked), in a cami or sport bar, or in a fuller nightdress -- all with no underwear. If I need to wear pants/shorts with my pjs I do wear undies (seams bug me) but generally I MUCH prefer "a healthy breeze around my privates" at night.

My girls are still settling their minds about their own practices. It's summer and one seems pretty set on the starkers option. The other I don't see much of while she is asleep, but she often has on bike-style tight, light, stretchy shorts when she comes out in the morning. I don't know if there are undies under there.

I sleep with nothing (except, as mentioned, when i need a pad), but sometimes throw on a tank top or a pj top if i'm cold - but they'll come off in the middle of the night when i get hot (not a menopause thing, i've always gotten hot while sleeping, but cold when i go to bed).  I always had yeast problems, so the less time with undies the better.  and always excited to take off the over-the-shoulder-holder.  

my youngest wears undies under his PJs, my teen i think does not.  hubby also sleeps in the buff.  I bought him pj pants for hanging out in, which he almost never wears, but i'm pretty sure he goes free-style underneath them every other year when he puts them on

yes to both. Many times I am pretty much fully clothed. I don't have separate pjs. I typically sleep in my running gear of compression capris, shorts, etc. sports bra and tank or t.. My kids wear underoos under their pjs...and sometimes wear those pjs all day long. There have been some instances where we were washing undies and they had to go "commando" under their pjs and they were mortified LOL oddly enough they don't feel odd in bathing suits and leotards for gymnastics. Makes me giggle each time.

eta: DH and DSs wear boxerbriefs only while they sleep. The boys just started that this year after realizing that is how their Daddy slept and it was "too hot" to sleep otherwise. Whatever, SMH!

I have never heard of not doing so. Interesting.

As for my DH, pfft. I think that's awful to choose the way I sleep because he gets an urge in the middle of the night. I'm aghast! I'm adding that he isn't like this at all. He's never expected it. I'm just stunned that it's done by anyone.

I have never heard of not doing so. Interesting.

As for my DH, pfft. I think that's awful to choose the way I sleep because he gets an urge in the middle of the night. I'm aghast! I'm adding that he isn't like this at all. He's never expected it. I'm just stunned that it's done by anyone.

You are stunned that people sleep naked?  Or don't where underwear under pjs? 

The bits need air circulation too and undies are confining.  2 kids do not wear undies under pj's, 2 sleep nekkid, I either sleep in undies and a tank if really hot out, or in pj's with none.  I used to sleep nekkid, but with having to hit the floor running for issues with kids, or pets etc I learned not to lol  As for the laundry question yes the pj's of those that sleep without undies are washed daily.  They each have about a dozen sets of pj's (well about half of dd5s are nightgowns) so I can be behind in laundry and they still have a clean set daily.

You are stunned that people sleep naked?  Or don't where underwear under pjs? 

I'm stunned at the comment made by a pp that her mom told her to not wear underwear at night because her DH might want to have s3x. It's the idea of having to be available without regards to what the wife may like to have happen in the middle of the night. I think it's fine that a woman would choose to do this on her own, but to be told she had to do this makes it sound like the man's wants are more important. I understand we all have different opinions and I'm just expressing mine that I don't like that mentality. I think a woman's wants are as important.

Only during my cycle.

Otherwise if I wear underwear to bed, they are purely for the fun of them being taken off before we go to sleep.

Mostly I sleep "starkers" but I usually wear a nightgown to bed and then put that on when I wake up. Sometimes I don't sleep "starkers" but it has to be very cold for me to tolerate the sensation of fabric twisting around my body underneath fabric over the top of that. It is rarely that cold.

My kids do not wear underwear under their pjs.

I'm stunned at the comment made by a pp that her mom told her to not wear underwear at night because her DH might want to have s3x. It's the idea of having to be available without regards to what the wife may like to have happen in the middle of the night. I think it's fine that a woman would choose to do this on her own, but to be told she had to do this makes it sound like the man's wants are more important. I understand we all have different opinions and I'm just expressing mine that I don't like that mentality. I think a woman's wants are as important.

Oh!  I see.  Yeah, surely that poster's mom was joking?  I don't know.

I just can't stand clothes on while I sleep.  Even when I am freezing in the winter and go to bed with sweats on they come off in the middle of the night. 

So, do you wash pj's daily if you don't wear underwear under them?

No for me, because night dresses don't lie that close to the privates.

For the kids: I don't really think about it. I just do the laundry that ends up in the hamper.

Re "being available" to husbands. I do like that I'm more interesting/desirable when I wear less. I'm (almost) always thrilled to wake up to an amorous DH. (And if I'm occasionally not thrilled, being sans-undies does not make me available anyways.)

Starkers is naked .

perhaps it is an Aussie expression??

It's not an expression I've ever heard, but I figured it meant naked (as in stark naked).

I voted yes and yes. I have this crazy fear of a nighttime emergency and needing to hurry up and put clothes on. Interestingly, I made it well into my 50's without ever experiencing a nighttime emergency (unless you count ds getting sick when he was little). It's just one of those irrational fears, I suppose.

I normally am cold so I normally sleep not only in pjs or a nightgown, but with a sheet and big down comforter on top.  I never wear a bra to sleep and half the time, if not going anywhere, I don't wear one at home, either.  I am prone to severe neck spasms and bras help those occur more frequently so no.  As to the other, I sometimes wear undies and sometimes not.  Less often with pjs and more often with nightgowns.  But it all depends.  I know both of my dds where full sets of underwear and that is their choice. 

As sorry

Starkers is naked .

perhaps it is an Aussie expression??

what are sweats? do you mean  a tracksuit

As someone who has lived in both countries, I will translate: Starkers - as in stark naked. Sweat - as in fleece sweat pants or tracksuit.   

(Sometime I'll tell you the cardigan-jumper-pinafore story that occurred after we came back from Australia and were purchasing my daughter's school uniform. Yikes! Talk about communication gap.)

The bits need air circulation too and undies are confining.  2 kids do not wear undies under pj's, 2 sleep nekkid, I either sleep in undies and a tank if really hot out, or in pj's with none.  I used to sleep nekkid, but with having to hit the floor running for issues with kids, or pets etc I learned not to lol  As for the laundry question yes the pj's of those that sleep without undies are washed daily.  They each have about a dozen sets of pj's (well about half of dd5s are nightgowns) so I can be behind in laundry and they still have a clean set daily.

That makes sense. I'd have to drastically increase our pj wardrobe for this to work. I think we only keep 3-4 sets of pjs on hand for any given season.

I can't imagine sleeping nude every night. Call me a prude, but I like to skip a night here and there and DH would find it to be the cruelest of mixed signals.

I voted yes and yes. I have this crazy fear of a nighttime emergency and needing to hurry up and put clothes on. Interestingly, I made it well into my 50's without ever experiencing a nighttime emergency (unless you count ds getting sick when he was little). It's just one of those irrational fears, I suppose.

I have the same crazy fear. If I accidentally fall asleep "starkers", I usually wake up and get dressed in the middle of the night. My neighbors don't need to watch my house burn down AND see me naked!