Menu

Please pray. Dh is driving me to the hospital. My dad had a heart attack.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug: For one more story of encouragement....my father just had a heart attack and a quadruple bypass. He's much older than yours, and I'm sure in worse health to begin with (high blood pressure, kidney transplant recipient).

He's home now and starts cardio rehab next week. He's doing very, very well. I sincerely hope your father has the same outcome.

Hive friends, you have no idea how much I appreciate your prayers.

So much healing today, not only physically for my father, but for our family as a whole.

Dad is stabilized. He is still on a bipap to aid in his blood oxygen levels. His EKG was the same at 7pm as it was when the did it at 11am, right after his double bypass surgery. No better, but also no worse.

The concerning thing is that because my dad waited FIVE HOURS from the first signs to get to the ER, he has a blood clot in a third artery that they were not able to put a stent in. The next 48 hours are the most critical.

He is in ICU, but stable. They're taking good care of him. The family has a plan for mom, she is not being left alone. We are making sure she eats, comforting her, and leting her make her own decisions about where she wants to sleep, when she wants to go home, etc.

God bless my boys, they were so well behaved today.

While this may well be the worst day of my life so far, I have felt all the prayers of you ladies as well as my IRL friends. You'll never know how much it has meant. I covet your continued prayers; for peace for all my family, most especially for my mom. For physical healing for my father. For guidance for the nurses and doctors giving him care. And most of all, for the Lord to use the whole situation for His glory, regardless of outcome.

I'll update when I can. Hopefully there's nothing new before I get back up to the hospital in the morning.

Thank you, Audrey, for updating earlier for me. (Audrey had sent me a pm, and when I was able to check in on my phone from the hospital, I just pm'd her back and asked her to update the thread.)

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a detailed update, Bethany -- I'm sure you're very tired, worried, and stressed, so I really didn't expect to hear from you tonight.

I'm glad things are as well as can be expected for your dad right now, and I will pray that he recovers quickly. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Hive friends, you have no idea how much I appreciate your prayers.

So much healing today, not only physically for my father, but for our family as a whole.

Dad is stabilized. He is still on a bipap to aid in his blood oxygen levels. His EKG was the same at 7pm as it was when the did it at 11am, right after his double bypass surgery. No better, but also no worse.

The concerning thing is that because my dad waited FIVE HOURS from the first signs to get to the ER, he has a blood clot in a third artery that they were not able to put a stent in. The next 48 hours are the most critical.

He is in ICU, but stable. They're taking good care of him. The family has a plan for mom, she is not being left alone. We are making sure she eats, comforting her, and leting her make her own decisions about where she wants to sleep, when she wants to go home, etc.

God bless my boys, they were so well behaved today.

While this may well be the worst day of my life so far, I have felt all the prayers of you ladies as well as my IRL friends. You'll never know how much it has meant. I covet your continued prayers; for peace for all my family, most especially for my mom. For physical healing for my father. For guidance for the nurses and doctors giving him care. And most of all, for the Lord to use the whole situation for His glory, regardless of outcome.

I'll update when I can. Hopefully there's nothing new before I get back up to the hospital in the morning.

Thank you, Audrey, for updating earlier for me. (Audrey had sent me a pm, and when I was able to check in on my phone from the hospital, I just pm'd her back and asked her to update the thread.)

:grouphug: Glad to hear he's okay and stable, Bethany. :grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug: That must be scary. :(