Menu

Do you wear your wedding ring?

Tap

Do you wear your wedding ring?  

1. 1. Do you wear your wedding ring?

• Always, I have never taken it off (tattoo rings go here :0) )
    • Always, but I have taken it off for cleaning it, repair, surgery or another unavoidable reason
    • Almost always, but I take it off for gardening, cleaning the house, showers or other optional reason
    • Usually, if I remember to put it on.
    • Rarely, I wear it for specific events
    • Never, I haven't worn it in a while and don't plan to
    • I don't have a ring, but want one
    • I don't have a ring and don't want one

I haven't worn mine for years. I was wondering if anyone else has stopped as well.

Other forms of commitment rings can count too if you do not have a 'wedding ring'.

ETA: if it is off due to repair/loss answer like it was still yours and in perfect condition :)

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted I take mine off for things like cleaning, showering and other stuff. Otherwise part of getting ready each day is putting on my rings. They have huge sentimental value to me and my husband. :) And I'm not a very, very sentimental person. :)

I'm also very happy we chose a smooth ring so I never have to worry about snags or pokes. It was actually one of the deciding factors of this ring over another.

My ring is much like this: http://www.mervisdiamond.com/blog/category/engagement-rings/

Other. Mine is too small right now and I keep fluctuating because of pregnancies so I don't want to resize it at the moment. So I don't wear it, but I'd love to.

DH wears his, but he's lost almost 100 lbs and it keeps falling off, so he's been wearing it on his middle finger. We'll need to get his resized soon as well.

Until recently, I only took it off during pregnancies when it was too tight to wear. Recently I developed a yeast infection and had to take it off for a while to let it heal. Now I take it off when kneading bread and mixing hamburger, stuff like that...or when it bugs me (ie. getting a yeast infection).

Even after 14 years, I still love my ring.

I think mine has only been off once ( during surgery) since we got married 19.5 years ago.

On this anniversary, I'm having a big honking birthstone ring guard made for my solitaire.

I'll be wearing diamonds and emeralds when I milk the cow and clean the barn, but I'll feel special.

I probably wear a ring 70% of the time I'm out of the house.

I worked for a diamond dealer (still do on occasion if he needs something) and am an admin on a diamond forum, and that's led me to collect a few rings over the years. The discounts are good. ;) I suppose being around women (and some men) who collect and cycle through jewelry pretty regularly has made me a little less sentimental about it than most.

It's pretty rare that I wear the actual ring I got married with, but I usually have *some* ring on my left ring finger.

I couldnt vote; I want to wear my ring but can't. It does not fit very tightly on my left ring finger after I lost some weight and after losing it once in my kid's sock drawer, Im phobic to even wear it occasionally. I guess I need to get it refitted or get some kind of spacer to wear inside. But I used to wear it all the time, I hardly ever took it off unless I was cleaning (which wasn't very often:)

Other. Mine is too small right now and I keep fluctuating because of pregnancies so I don't want to resize it at the moment. So I don't wear it, but I'd love to.

:iagree: Me too. I had to take it off with my first pregnancy and it hasn't fit since then. I haven't gained a lot of weight...maybe some....but I guess my fingers never went back to normal. I'd like to get it resized.

DH only takes his off at night.

I always wear my wedding ring (except for during pregnancy or surgery or something.) It is a thin, simple band. It is getting a little scratched up from rock climbing, but I don't want to take it off. Probably need a safe necklace I can put it on instead. Now, the engagement ring is another story. I usually wear it during the day when I am dressed for the day. I take it off at bedtime and sometimes forget to put it on the next day. I don't wear it working out or any time I might damage the setting.

There wasn't really an answer that fit me, except maybe special occasions. I wear mine when I leave the house but never around the house. Because I have Rheumatoid Arthritis my hands are often swollen or in pain, so typically I do not wear hand or wrist jewelry. If I'm not swollen, I put it on when I leave the house.

I've worn my rings every day since I received them, except for a few weeks toward the end of my first pregnancy when I took them off because my fingers started to swell a bit. I was very happy to put them back on. I take them off occasionally to have them cleaned and inspected.

DH, otoh, hasn't worn his in years. :( For a while, he felt it wasn't safe, because he was doing a lot of work with machinery with his hands; he kept it on his keychain to have it with him, though, which I thought was sweet (except for the potential to lose it, I thought). Now that he's in an office job, he could wear it, but he was really thin when we got married, and it's too tight now. And it's a very wide ring, so with the price of gold lately, we can't afford to have it sized up.

I haven't worn mine in 14 years. The only reason I know that specifically is that I took them off when my hands were swollen when I was pregnant with ds14. I never put them on again. Dh lost his. That was because he had to take his off all the time because he couldn't keep one on at his job. So neither of us wear one. We're both committed to each other. And no one hits on us;)

We have plain gold wedding bands and wear them all the time. I think I took mine off when I went to the hospital for at least one of the kids' births, but I don't remember which one(s).

DH is a rock climber but wears his all the time anyway.

My parents have been married for 42 years and every now and then, in the dead of winter, my dad can slide off his ring. He will then proudly display his finger, which has a giant ring-shaped dent, declaring, "Look! Look! I'm free!" This never fails to crack my mother up. (See, above re: 42 years of marriage)

DH almost always wears his. He takes it off for gigs because he is a percussionist. I am amazed he hasn't lost it yet. Truly amazed.

I wear mine when I remember. I take it off when my hands get messy or knead dough etc. Then, I forget to put it back on for weeks at a time. I put it on and then get my hands messy and take it off... and the cycle begins again.

I haven't worn mine in 14 years. The only reason I know that specifically is that I took them off when my hands were swollen when I was pregnant with ds14. I never put them on again. Dh lost his. That was because he had to take his off all the time because he couldn't keep one on at his job. So neither of us wear one. We're both committed to each other. And no one hits on us;)

Dh always wears his, but still gets hit on. :( Who does that?!!! It's usually at the grocery store, but sometimes it's the mom of a student. :blink: It seems like it happens a couple of times a year. Blech.

I'm an always until this summ. I've lost 75 pounds and it's huge on me now. I wear it on my watch band until I get it resized.

I had my diamond band resized; t was very quick and not very costly. My butt gets bigger, but my fingers get tiwggy. Too may times I've waved my hands around talking, only to have the ring fly off. What does it mean? :lol:

I hate wearing jewelry in general. Feels constricting. I also hate wearing shoes and a bra. Probably some sort of sensory thing.

I am exactly the same. Dh wears his ring every day. I used to wear it for a couple of hours if we went to an event but these days I don't even do that. I can't wait to take jewellery off

I'm curious why so many take theirs off to shower?

I always wear mine, even when showering and doing dishes (no machine here :001_smile:), and I wish I would have started taking it off at the beginning, because it doesn't look the way it did. It is white gold and I should probably get the top layer redone at some point.