Menu

After *another* 3 days in the hospital........

We have a:

Liver Dr and Clinic (Baylor medical)

A plan

1. Lose weight using South Beach

2. Change in meds, dropping one lesser and more spendy med for a better, less spendy one with manufacturer support for low income

3. A plan for severity, a scale according to MELD

4. Permission to return to St. Luke's, and listing Dr. as our liver doctor.

5. Encouragement to use company (Cardon) to assist with disability claim.

A possible "something" found by ultrasound and follow up MRI in his abdomen.

A denial of social security income benefits because Adrian has 9 weeks (or $2800) of unemployment emergency benefits (extreme length of benefits but I'll take it). When these benefits end, he would qualify. However, by then I will have graduated, and may look for therapist rate hours after my teaching job ends for the day. OTOH, I may stay as library assistant where I don't get paid much, but have benefits.

The disability claim is still pending completion of medical review.

I know that used bookstores often has South Beach material for cheap, so I'll be looking. I put off losing my own weight (I was going to start in August) because the combination of stress caused me to have to take *something* off the table (no pun intended :lol:) but I will join him.

Much of this was made possible due to a member of this board, her care, and her connection. I will never take internet friends lightly.

I'm so happy to see this. Hopefully it feels good to have a plan. Is the MRI result an expected thing? I'm so glad someone was able to get him on a drug program.

I have The South Beach Diet and The South Beach Diet Cookbook. They're yours if you want them. Just PM me an address, and I'll mail them to you.

:grouphug:

We have a:

Liver Dr and Clinic (Baylor medical)

A plan

1. Lose weight using South Beach

2. Change in meds, dropping one lesser and more spendy med for a better, less spendy one with manufacturer support for low income

3. A plan for severity, a scale according to MELD

4. Permission to return to St. Luke's, and listing Dr. as our liver doctor.

5. Encouragement to use company (Cardon) to assist with disability claim.

A possible "something" found by ultrasound and follow up MRI in his abdomen.

A denial of social security income benefits because Adrian has 9 weeks (or $2800) of unemployment emergency benefits (extreme length of benefits but I'll take it). When these benefits end, he would qualify. However, by then I will have graduated, and may look for therapist rate hours after my teaching job ends for the day. OTOH, I may stay as library assistant where I don't get paid much, but have benefits.

The disability claim is still pending completion of medical review.

I know that used bookstores often has South Beach material for cheap, so I'll be looking. I put off losing my own weight (I was going to start in August) because the combination of stress caused me to have to take *something* off the table (no pun intended :lol:) but I will join him.

Much of this was made possible due to a member of this board, her care, and her connection. I will never take internet friends lightly.

Wow. I am so happy to hear that you have a plan! :grouphug: I also have a couple of South Beach books and can mail them tomorrow. I have South Beach Diet Supercharged and I have the SBD Dining Out guide. :grouphug: