Menu

Another random poll - weight changes since marriage

What is your weight change since marriage?  

1. 1. What is your weight change since marriage?

• Basically weigh the same within +/- 10 pounds
    • Have gained 11 to 20 pounds since marriage
    • Have gained 21 to 30 pounds since marriage
    • Have gained 31 to 40 pounds since marriage
    • Have gained 41 to 50 pounds since marriage
    • Have lost 11 to 20 pounds since marriage
    • Have lost 21 to 30 pounds since marriage
    • Have lost 31 to 40 pounds since marriage
    • Have lost 41 to 50 pounds since marriage
    • Other, please explain

We have had quite a few random polls the last week or so. I thought I would throw one out there. I am curious as to how much your weight has changed since you married. Either weight gain or weight loss.

ETA: Wow! You guys are fast! I hadn't even done my poll yet! I am looking for *net* change since marriage.

Edited by Hoggirl

I've gained about 20 pounds since I got married. I am at my heaviest weight ever (except for when I was pregnant). I don't think being tied to a chair or couch for the twins' first year of life helped me much, but I'd do it all over again to have them. I am currenlty doing WW to try and lose it.

married at age 20 weight 103 lb (I was underweight )

after having 2 kids my weight stayed around 120-125)

now at age 41 weight 130 lb

but its healthy weight cause of weight lifting

My first pregnancy I got up to 142 lb.

The heaviest I have every been in my life was 165lb the day I went in to deliver my second child. I had returned to college and worked nights while pregnant and I ate just so bad.:svengo:

Well I think in kilograms. I was 53 kgs or so for the early years and while breastfeeding. In my mid 30s it crept up and nowadays I am just below 60kgs- between 56 at my lowest, and 59 or so. (I have been higher but this is where I tend to sit).

That makes about 10- 13 pounds. I still fit the same dress size and am not overweight, but definitely have more padding.

80lb net gain. :glare:

All pregnancy related. Coming off veeeeeerrrrrry slowly. It might have not climbed so high if my pregnancies had been far enough apart to lose the weight between. Ah well, those little dears are worth every pound! :001_smile:

Edited by BLA5

I was sort of chubby when we got married (gained the newlywed weight before the wedding, I guess). I've been fatter after babies (lost 1 lb from delivery to Bailey's first birthday), I've been thinner between (was at my thinnest since highschool at the boys' first birthday... Apparently I only lose weight with twin nurslings). I'm probably actually closer to 15 lbs less (net) than when we got married. I still have about 15 to go until my target, but my body is more muscular than it has been for most of my adult life and I'm pleased with that.

I gained 80 lbs. since I got married and had kids. Some of that I attribute to also quitting smoking at the same time. However, I've been eating very healthily and exercising fairly regularly, and I've only lost about 15 lbs. of the 80. My sister keeps nagging me to get my thyroid checked because she thinks I shouldn't be this fat with what I eat and my amount of movement. I don't really want to, but I think she may be right.

About 40 more than when I met DH... the lifestyle has been rough on me. He's a mashed potatoes and gravy, huge steak three times a day sort of bottomless pit for food string bean and I'm an easy keeper. We figured his calories out once and he was eating about 8000 a day-all of them cooked by me. Whenever I went on a healthy eating kick he immediately lost weight and got ribby while I was lucky to lose 5#. I got to my lightest weight ever between the kids but gained it all back during/after the pregnancy and never lost it. Feeling stuck with it now and not liking it! :glare:

My weight has DOUBLED since marriage....BUT I was recovering from anorexia when we got married-- and I was still quite a bit underweight--think 18 inch waist! My size 0 dd cannot fit into my wedding dress as it will not zip!

Currently I'm about 30 pounds heavier than I'd like to be-- and I just lost 30 pounds since April-- so (hopefully) I'll be at my goal by Christmas!

If I ever get back to my 'wedding weight' I will be on my deathbed!

Anorexia does strange things to your metabolism-- I gained tremendous amounts of weight when I was pregnant-- and I ate a pretty balanced diet too... I also do not feel like I've ever been a 'healthy' adult.

My anorexia was not due to self-image, but more self-worth-- due to abuse as a child (not from parents).

Been married almost 17 1/2 years. I was 123 at marriage. I am 133 now. Have had 3 pregnancies, where I gained 44-55 lbs each. 133 was my pre-preg. weight after 5 years of marriage. I lost 22 lbs last summer which I held for 2 years (I packed on 28 lbs in one single summer from some mega stress). I've been able to keep the weight off and maintain for over a year now. I weigh myself daily. I might flux 2-3 lbs pending cycle and what-not, but do get back down to 133 after a little more careful diet monitoring.

I have adrenal fatigue and my body can't regulate it's adrenaline and cortisol levels. Exercising is limited, due to that. I maintain through diet. Which, I am not thrilled with. I'd love more exercise. I am currently saving for a bike so the girls and I can go for rides. I gave my FIL my college bike 6-8 years ago. He's tinkered with it and done some things where I am not gonna risk my life riding it. :glare: So, new bike it is. Can't wait.

I am a few pounds lighter than when I got married. After both my pregnancies I dropped too much weight with out trying, it just fell off, and ended up too thin, but its been creeping back on this year and I think I look and feel better with a bit more meat on mybones and a more balanced figure.