Menu

Another random poll - weight changes since marriage

What is your weight change since marriage?  

1. 1. What is your weight change since marriage?

• Basically weigh the same within +/- 10 pounds
    • Have gained 11 to 20 pounds since marriage
    • Have gained 21 to 30 pounds since marriage
    • Have gained 31 to 40 pounds since marriage
    • Have gained 41 to 50 pounds since marriage
    • Have lost 11 to 20 pounds since marriage
    • Have lost 21 to 30 pounds since marriage
    • Have lost 31 to 40 pounds since marriage
    • Have lost 41 to 50 pounds since marriage
    • Other, please explain

I weigh within 5 lbs of my married weight but I have fluctuated between 10lbs more and 20 lbs less, seemingly indepedent of anything I do. My measurements are pretty much the same as well and I have noticed that when I do gain any weight it all ends up in the books so I am not complaining.

I've gained 30 lbs in almost 14 years. I've had 3 babies, but I don't have a problem losing baby weight, it is all weight I gained when we quit smoking.

I am currently within the supposed "healthy weight range" for my height, but I could definitely stand to lose 15 lbs. Dh has lost weight recently and not that he would say anything to me about it, but I feel like the pressure is on for me to get moving. I can't use the fact that he put on weight with me as an excuse anymore!

Well, I have had 7 children and have battled hashimoto's and pcos for the past 20 years...so I voted other. At one point I was 75 pounds over my marriage weight...not pg., through diet and exercise, I lost that weight and have kept itboff for the most part over the past 10 years. I am now within 5 lbs. Of my marriage weight 135. I wanted to lose 10 lbs then, and still would like to lose 10 more lbs :D.

Faithe

I am not sure you can get a good feel of averages this way. Some people (like me) got married when they were 18 and had that great young, teenage weight. Some people didn't get married till in their 30's, so weight gain may not be all that different. It is a fun poll, but would need to more accurately have age married, how many years, etc.

ETA - I weighed 100lbs when I got married and that was after having first ds. I am at about 138 right now and not too far off of healthy weight for my height. I would love to lose 10lbs, but I have absolutely no want to be my pre-marriage weight. I looked like I was 12 when I got married.

Edited by Kari C in SC

I am not sure you can get a good feel of averages this way. Some people (like me) got married when they were 18 and had that great young, teenage weight. Some people didn't get married till in their 30's, so weight gain may not be all that different. It is a fun poll, but would need to more accurately have age married, how many years, etc.

ETA - I weighed 100lbs when I got married and that was after having first ds. I am at about 138 right now and not too far off of healthy weight for my height. I would love to lose 10lbs, but I have absolutely no want to be my pre-marriage weight. I looked like I was 12 when I got married.

Thats why I explained mine 100 lbs at age 20 and 130lbs at age 41. I look back at my pictures and I was a baby - married to young;)

I've gained about 25-30 pounds since I was married. None of it is baby weight either! Every baby needed a special diet when nursing and I'd lose the baby weight and then some. I weaned my littlest, and BOOM within a year I had gained 30 pounds. Most of it came on w/in 4 months. :001_huh:

Thank you, middle age! :cursing:

I was underweight when I got married at about 115. My driver's license said 125, which I think is a more normal weight for me. I am 125-127 again, but after having four babies and other factors, the shape of my body has changed a lot. So, approximately the same weight, but a different distribution. My waist was microscopic when I got married! :lol: And my b00ks were a heck of a lot nicer back then. :glare:

I've been married for 18 years and put 'basically the same' as my answer. However, at my height, +/- 10 lbs is a very generous point spread :001_smile:

I was in the military when we met, and I'm a bellydancer now, so this poll didn't hit me during the years I was pregnant/nursing/raising very young children. My baby just turned 11, so it's easier to get Me Time now.

I am currently 20 lbs. over what I weighed when I got married (okay - maybe 25 because I lost 5 lbs. in the week before the wedding.) I was underweight when we got married - high metabolism and naturally thin. I was told to gain 40 lbs. with my first pregnancy. With the first 2 babies, I lost all but 5 lbs. With the last baby, I could not lose 30 lbs. My thyroid went kablooey. I have lost 20 lbs and could stand to lose another 10. I would be happy at that - it would put me at 10 lbs over my marriage weight, which is more like my ideal weight.

Besides pregnancies (when I gain 40-60 lbs!), I weigh what I did in high school. In college I gained 20 lbs from bagels, huge chocolate chip muffins and horrible cafeteria food. In Korea I gained another 5 lbs from working late and stuffing my face when I had time. When I got married, we got pregnant right away, but by the time Baby was 1, I was back to junior-year-of-high-school weight. This was probably because I had more control over what I bought and consumed and when. I'm a fruit-aholic by nature. :D

Interestingly, I ran 1-2 miles daily in college and walked everywhere in Korea (including up and down stairs at the school), but only manage workout videos here and there as a SAHM.

However, I do not look the same as I did in high school. Things have, uh, shifted significantly in the 14 years since I graduated...sigh...

I'm exactly the same as when we got married, but we got married pretty shortly after my first child was born. If we're talking about since we started dating, I'm 30 pounds heavier. Since marriage, I have been as low as my dating starting point, but when we moved to Cali I put on 30 pounds of taqueria weight and I have no idea how I am going to take it back off again. :lol: Thankfully, dh is a pretty forgiving man. I don't think he has ever said one thing about my weight, ever.