Menu

Help! I am a hostage in a hospital.

Thank you all very much for your prayers and positive thoughts, and especially for your kind words to my sons.

I am stuck in a hospital room. I pitched a fit this morning and told them I was leaving against medical advice. Problem was that DH took my clothes and shoes home. I have things to do that do not involve IVs, wires, and Horrible Hospital Food.

So DH bought clothes finally ... but no shoes. Is this a man thing? It must be because no man I've met would forget shoes so his DW will stay in the hospital.

I had 2 stents put in last night. Three more are needed. One is a surprise (the other are bypasses and stents put in years ago).

So I don't have bursitis in my hip-- I have a blocked artery in my leg that causes burning pain in my hip when I walk. This is such great news because I have yearned to take up Mall Walking in a pain free manner, and that just wasn't happening for me. I'm just so excited (insert high-pitched squeal here) that Mall Walking is in my Future!

So, a doctor came by twice. I informed him that it was time for me to go home, and he left and came back with a speech he must have given to COWs before. COW stands for Curmudgeonly Older Woman -- I just thought this up! My brain is really on Think today! I don't like being called a COW, so I'll think up something better during my enforced prison sentence. Anyhow the doc said I had to stay here until tomorrow at the earliest.

They moved me from the ICU a few minutes ago.

Thanks again for your prayers. I really appreciate that.

As you can see, they worked. I am alive, well, and raring to go! I had the perfect getaway plan, until I discovered I have no shoes. Change clothes with one of my boys, and then we go separately and sit in the ER waiting room until our ride shows up.

Who is our ride? See, that's another problem. But you must admit that the ER is the last place the Hops (hospital cops) would look for an escaped cardiac patient.

Mostly I am starving.

RC

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen to you! Great sense of humor through all of this!!!

I say, swipe some scrubs and a pair of crocs while a nurse is napping in a corner and off you go!

:lol:

ETA: NO! A better idea! Have one of your kids swipe the scrubs but put you on a gurney covered with a sheet and roll you out the front door. Eh, didn't Jack Bauer get out of some messes like that?!?!

You sure sound like a rough collie right now! As hard as it is, look at it as a vacation with servants. Ok, that's stretching it but at least get some sleep and eat some food, as nasty as it may be. You'll feel much better and may actually get to go home tomorrow if you are cooperative. Glad you're still with us!!!

:lol: You and your dh sound like me and my dh when HE is in the hospital! I'm the one who snags his clothes and refuses to bring back everything he needs in order to leave. He loves me sooooooo much for that, too. :D

I know you are not liking being there, but I'm glad you are getting the medical care you need.

Now, use that computer to find out what malls open at what times, and surf for some new shoes or something.

Oh, and play on here, too. :D

Glad to hear from you!

I can report that RC is as cantankerous and ornery as ever! Her voice sounds very strong, which relieved my worst fears. I've threatened her with all sorts of tortures if she doesn't stay and listen to her doctors but she just laughs at me. . .

Keep praying for her though. She wants us to think that it was no big deal but SHE HAD A HEART ATTACK! And this isn't the first time either - she's already had by-pass surgery in the past.

Well, at least you have a sense of humor!!!! :lol: You must be feeling OK!

I say enjoy being waited on, stay a day or so. Even if it is Horrible Hospital Food...at least they roll it into you on a tray. :) And oh, the bed you can sit up in...just look at the silver lining. ;)

I know you want to go home, and I'm sure you'll be there soon. Just take care of you. :grouphug::grouphug:

I've threatened her with all sorts of tortures if she doesn't stay and listen to her doctors but she just laughs at me. . .

Keep praying for her though. She wants us to think that it was no big deal but SHE HAD A HEART ATTACK! And this isn't the first time either - she's already had by-pass surgery in the past.

Are you SURE you two aren't sisters? :lol:

RC, glad to "see" you back here, and I'm glad you are ok. Suck it up- you can handle one more night. (and then I'll figure out a way to get you some shoes and a ride home". Call ds,ds,ds, dd, and dh, and tell them to bring you food!!

Thank you all very much for your prayers and positive thoughts, and especially for your kind words to my sons.

I am stuck in a hospital room. I pitched a fit this morning and told them I was leaving against medical advice. Problem was that DH took my clothes and shoes home. I have things to do that do not involve IVs, wires, and Horrible Hospital Food.

So DH bought clothes finally ... but no shoes. Is this a man thing? It must be because no man I've met would forget shoes so his DW will stay in the hospital.

I had 2 stents put in last night. Three more are needed. One is a surprise (the other are bypasses and stents put in years ago).

So I don't have bursitis in my hip-- I have a blocked artery in my leg that causes burning pain in my hip when I walk. This is such great news because I have yearned to take up Mall Walking in a pain free manner, and that just wasn't happening for me. I'm just so excited (insert high-pitched squeal here) that Mall Walking is in my Future!

So, a doctor came by twice. I informed him that it was time for me to go home, and he left and came back with a speech he must have given to COWs before. COW stands for Curmudgeonly Older Woman -- I just thought this up! My brain is really on Think today! I don't like being called a COW, so I'll think up something better during my enforced prison sentence. Anyhow the doc said I had to stay here until tomorrow at the earliest.

As you can see, they worked. I am alive, well, and raring to go! I had the perfect getaway plan, until I discovered I have no shoes. Change clothes with one of my boys, and then we go separately and sit in the ER waiting room until our ride shows up.

Who is our ride? See, that's another problem. But you must admit that the ER is the last place the Hops (hospital cops) would look for an escaped cardiac patient.

Mostly I am starving.

RC

I found that nurses can be bribed into bringing you a real snack -- not the heart healthy, no salt, no taste variety only available to you in the cardiac ward.

Make nice to the night nurse. Mine brought me a small bag of doritos. :D

So glad that you're doing so well. Keep it that way! Many prayers still being said.

Listen to you! Great sense of humor through all of this!!!

I say, swipe some scrubs and a pair of crocs while a nurse is napping in a corner and off you go!

:lol:

ETA: NO! A better idea! Have one of your kids swipe the scrubs but put you on a gurney covered with a sheet and roll you out the front door. Eh, didn't Jack Bauer get out of some messes like that?!?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA This! hehehe

but seriously! Look at you up and posting already. You are one tough rough collie! So glad you're okay. Your sons are awesome! For all your rough-collieness you must have a touch of soft in you to raise such fine boys. :grouphug: Get yourself well and feel better soon. :grouphug:

Mostly I am starving.

RC

You sound great! Take the rest while you can get it. It isn't a spa...but at least you can watch what you want to on the TV!

Faithe

Ok RC, listen up! You keep your butt in that hospital bed until the Dr's say you're ok to leave....or you'll have an angry "hive" on your hands.....and you know how bees get when they are angered!!! ;)

Seriously, sending you lots of healthy heart vibes and prayers!!! :grouphug::grouphug: