Menu

Prime Day Deals

Pippen

2 Kindle fires

2 echo dots (we already have 1 and plan to use them largely as an intercom)

A sous vide that dh has been eying for years

A digital piano

And a roomba for me! Oh, and wool socks. Except the dots, these were all purchases I was going to make in the next few months anyways, so I'm feeling pretty good. Also I'm halfway done with Christmas now!

Edited by Meagan S
  • Like 2

Does anyone have the 8 qt Instant Pot? I've been wanting an Instant Pot, but I'm not sure if I should go with the larger one to start out with.

I do but I don't have the 6 quart to compare it to.  I'm very happy I got the bigger size, most of the time I've filled it lose to capacity.  My personally preference would have been a 10 o 12 qt though but instant pot didn't make them that big.

But I have a big family and we like leftovers.

• Like 3

3 pack of Kindle Fires. I'm tired of them fighting over my iPad. I got the micro SDs for more storage because they always fill up my iPad. A kiddie case for dd who scratched up my Otterbox screen. 

Can you do the same stuff?  I thought there weren't as many apps available.

Can you do the same stuff?  I thought there weren't as many apps available.

I don't know about iOS apps, but you can set up a Kindle Fire to have Google Play store, which gets you a lot more apps than just the Kindle store.   I had to do it for both my kids Kindles.

I did it using this site because we originally did it to get Pokemon Go.  These directions get you the Play store. - http://pokemongokindlefire.com/

I was hoping to get a second 6qt. IP but no luck. I don't really want to pay for the 8qt. I have a big family, but my oldest doesn't eat meat, and my little guys don't eat much, so the 6qt. is sufficient for now. I wanted a second one so I could have multiple things going.

I did notice that several Oneida flatware sets are on sale. My set is nineteen years old and still looks fantastic (and we are very not gentle on things -- we need Tonka tough!), and I still adore it, but too many forks and spoons have disappeared over the years. At $13 for four forks, it's cheaper to buy five-piece service for eight ($60 right now, plus a couple of serving pieces), even though I'm not really in need of more knives and tablespoons. Just thought I'd pass that along. Don't know if it's just today or not.

• Like 1

I'm seeing 2 prices for the Fire HD...one with "special offers" that is cheaper than the without special offers price. Then it says (on a link) that to turn off special offers, you are charged a fee.

I am guessing the fee is at least as much as the price difference?

edit: I looked around a little more and it looks like the fee is the price difference. Some people say the special offers are NBD and to them are worth the savings.

Edited by unsinkable

If the special offers are what I'm thinking, my grandmothers original Kindle has a screen saver when charging that shows book advertisements.

It looks like Reflex Math might not work on it, nbd because they are pretty much done with it anyway.

c

Yes, it looks like it is advertisements. It's $15 cheaper with the special offers.

It was actually a short-lived glitch rather than a deal. ... Amazon was offering 20% off a bunch of stuff, but for whatever reason, their system was taking the discount off multiple times. Amazon caught on quickly, pulled entire inventories on certain products (including the whole of Toys and Games), then put products back online about an hour later with no active discount codes. :-( Now we wait to see whether they honor these unintended "deals" or cancel orders.

They say they've shipped my free watercolor crayons (free, no tax, no shipping), so it looks like they're honoring at least some of the glitches. I'm much more excited about the free crayons than I should be.  :lol:

• Like 9

They say they've shipped my free watercolor crayons (free, no tax, no shipping), so it looks like they're honoring at least some of the glitches. I'm much more excited about the free crayons than I should be.  :lol:

I read they were doing random giveaways too, so maybe you got lucky? I thought it was mainly for big-ticket items, but I'm not sure.

I read they were doing random giveaways too, so maybe you got lucky? I thought it was mainly for big-ticket items, but I'm not sure.

When I went to check out, it looked like they applied the Prime savings 3 times, so, I don't think that's it, but I can't be sure, of course. 

ETA: and it was a lightning deal with a good discount already.

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 1

Yep, I woke to find a shipping notification for the LEGO DC Super Hero Girl High School I ordered for $20.  :lol:  Merry Christmas to DD1 (who has been told repeatedly over the past year that an $80 LEGO set isn't happening).

• Like 4

Oh, I wish my Instant Pot was the 8 qt model! 

I bought some small LED lanterns for when we go camping next month and an additional water bottle, so just things we already needed. Letting each kid carry around their own lantern saves so many squabbles. I did take advantage of the bonus $10 for reloading my Amazon gift card for the first time. DD1 has asked for a camera for her birthday next week, so I was happy to see that little deal.

Yep, I woke to find a shipping notification for the LEGO DC Super Hero Girl High School I ordered for $20.  :lol:  Merry Christmas to DD1 (who has been told repeatedly over the past year that an $80 LEGO set isn't happening).

That's awesome. IIRC, I saved just over $4 on those crayons (after taking the lightning deal and the Prime 20% discount ONCE into account - list price right now is $14.99, which I most certainly would not have spent on crayons of any kind, what with my youngest being 6.5), so the crayons weren't a big deal, but your daughter will be so happy!

Edited by luuknam

No idea! I hope I don't regret it. They mostly use it for getting to websites like Reflex Math, taking pictures, watching tv, streaming music etc. My middle was using the iPad as a timer for reading lol. With the amount of audiobooks I have accumulated on Audible lately, I thought it would be nice for each of them to have access to it. 

You'll have to set them up with parental controls rather than using the Freetime app...it won't allow Audible access, which is just stupid.  The Freetime app is really pretty useless.  And many apps (at least the ones I've been interested in) have to be sideloaded because they're not available on Amazon's app store.  

No idea! I hope I don't regret it. They mostly use it for getting to websites like Reflex Math, taking pictures, watching tv, streaming music etc. My middle was using the iPad as a timer for reading lol. With the amount of audiobooks I have accumulated on Audible lately, I thought it would be nice for each of them to have access to it. 

An Audible subscription + 3 Kindle Fires (Christmas gifts from Grammy last year) + 3 sets headphones makes for an awfully peaceful Quiet Time each afternoon!

Praise be the audio book!

• Like 2

I do but I don't have the 6 quart to compare it to.  I'm very happy I got the bigger size, most of the time I've filled it lose to capacity.  My personally preference would have been a 10 o 12 qt though but instant pot didn't make them that big.

But I have a big family and we like leftovers.

I bought it!! Thanks for your input. 😊

• Like 1

Are the 8-quart Instant Pots still on sale for $89? (We don't have Prime, but I might ask my daughter to purchase one.)

Yes. 

I didn't see the nespresso deal. Good thing! Though I want the regular pods as we have a Vertulla line machine already. I want something small for travel and to get coffees that are not in the V line. 

So far I have 2 travel coffee mugs, a light for my 8 year old to sleep with and not disturb his brother who sleeps in the same room, a helmet, a Kodak portable photo printer (want to use this to make lifebooks when we start fostering), 2 FM bluetooth adapters for the cars (2000 and 2007 respectively). 

Still looking at a TV, EO diffuser, and maybe a kitchen faucet. 

• Like 2

I bought the Calico Criters triple bunk beds for $8. Toysrus.com is having its own sale online only. They're offering 20% off. I saw the price was $7.99 at tru, so I just kept it in my amazon cart, thinking I was going to get 20% off by using our prime card to pay. So along with that I bought some blu ray boxed sets and a Yamaha keyboard that was already in my cart from two weeks ago (for my youngest to start piano lessons in the fall). When I went to check out, no 20% deduction was taken. Dh said to pay anyway, maybe it'll come off after or come in the form of rewards. Has anyone paid with their Amazon prime credit card?

The discount should have appeared at checkout, so you should definitely contact customer service today and make sure they apply it for you.

I bought the Calico Criters triple bunk beds for $8. Toysrus.com is having its own sale online only. They're offering 20% off. I saw the price was $7.99 at tru, so I just kept it in my amazon cart, thinking I was going to get 20% off by using our prime card to pay. So along with that I bought some blu ray boxed sets and a Yamaha keyboard that was already in my cart from two weeks ago (for my youngest to start piano lessons in the fall). When I went to check out, no 20% deduction was taken. Dh said to pay anyway, maybe it'll come off after or come in the form of rewards. Has anyone paid with their Amazon prime credit card?

If it's a lightning deal, you only have a certain amount of time to make the purchase or it reverts back to the regular price. 

I didn't think I would like mine, because I really like the feel of a book in my hand and the turning of actual pages, but I love my Paperwhite!

I just bought my first Kindle--a refurbished Paperwhite. It's a lot of money to spend on something I'm not sure I'll love, since it will be my first ereader...but I'm hoping I'll be able to read lots of ebooks from the library now.

I thought the Instant Pot was a fad and ignored it last year on Prime Day. Then I kept hearing about how great it is. I ended up getting mine around Black Friday weekend when it went on sale again. I haven't been sorry.

I just bought an Echo Dot for ds. We have the Echo in the family room and a Dot in our bedroom. Ds didn't really want one until recently when he realized it can do more than add things to your calendar and shopping list. :) 

We need a house too. My older girls always wanted to buy Calico Critters, but we could never afford them. Instead we invested in loving family by fisher price. Now DD6 is interested in Calico Critters, and we can actually afford a set here and there, I'm excited to shop for her birthday. All she has is the tuxedo family and triplets. The townhouse may be the house we decide on. There was another at toysrus that she liked better, but I haven't seen it on Amazon. That fan looks like a good deal. (We buy lots of fans for our business.)

The Lakeside Lodge is $24.83 today.  It doesn't come with any furniture, but that's a great price for it!

With the 20% off at Toys R Us, they undercut a few of the Amazon prices. Maybe not on major products, but on the toys I got. I signed up for ebates which currently offers a $10 WM gift card or Paypal credit right now for new members once you make a qualifying purchase (I think it's $25 you have to spend). Well, TRU says you can get $5 back when you do store pick up of qualifying purchase ($29 or up). So I ordered some items there, chose store pick up, and now my Walmart $10 GC is pending. My total was slightly under $29 at first so I just added some sale Crayola items.

The Lakeside Lodge is $24.83 today.  It doesn't come with any furniture, but that's a great price for it!

I've been watching these Calico critters on various sites. They are cheaper on WM and Target or Toys R Us sometimes. The Lakeside Lodge is currently not on sale at Target, but it is listed as $28.49 so I am very skeptical when Amazon shows an old price with a slash through it.