Menu

Prime Day Deals

Pippen

Prime Day starts on July 10th at 9PM ET, but they're rolling out some deals early. 

Heads up to Lord of the Rings fans, all three streaming films are available for $4.99 each for Prime members.  The Hobbit is all there too. Regular price is $12.99 each.

High School Musicals are all there, too. And some 99 cent rentals.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/storefront/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_PD17213C_1b1_w?ie=UTF8&merchId=primedayleadup2017&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-13&pf_rd_r=JFD1RX7GVRS004SYQKB4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=141bbb6f-8d83-4215-8210-e4c77d605913&pf_rd_i=13887280011

• Like 4

If anyone was thinking about getting the Echo (Alexa) they have refurbished ones for $90. I've bought refurbished Kindles before and they were no different from new, plus they come with the same warranty as a new device. Often it only means someone returned the device so they can't sell it as new. It hasn't necessarily been refurbished. If I didn't already have the Echo I wouldn't hesitate to get a refurbished one.

I could also use some new Skechers sandals. Dawn, if I see a deal I'll let you know.

• Like 4

If anyone was thinking about getting the Echo (Alexa) they have refurbished ones for $90. I've bought refurbished Kindles before and they were no different from new, plus they come with the same warranty as a new device. Often it only means someone returned the device so they can't sell it as new. It hasn't necessarily been refurbished. If I didn't already have the Echo I wouldn't hesitate to get a refurbished one.

I could also use some new Skechers sandals. Dawn, if I see a deal I'll let you know.

The first year of Prime Day they had several colors for less than $20.  In retrospect I could have used 5-6 pair, but I wasn't even sure I would like them, so I ordered 1 pair.

I love them and they are now almost worn out.

I do have another pair now, but paid about $23-$25 for them on sale.

• Like 1

Just as an FYI, I went on Amazon a few days ago, browsed Warehouse Deals, and saved a bunch of items in case they offer 15% off on Warehouse items again this year. As of today, the price of almost every item in my cart has increased at least 20%.

I also checked the Prime Pantry deals tonight and saw prices that had been artificially inflated for Prime Day. (Case in point, the 32-pack of Pop-Tarts has been $6.98 for months. As of today, it's a "Prime Day special" for $9.85 - 25%.)

I'll still check in on Prime Day, but am watching prices like a hawk and checking price history on camelcamelcamel.com. I'm sure there will be a few loss leaders, but suspect that Prime Day will once again prove to be more hype than substance.

• Like 20

You can download from there?  I didn't know that!  Thanks.

Yes, but it looks like maybe you have to have it in app form to do it? I tried from the website on my Macbook and I couldn't find it, but when I googled instructions, the first instruction was to make sure you have the most updated app. Then it referred to links that I didn't readily see on the website version. Then I got distracted and had to go do something else :lol: I hope you can figure it out.

• Like 1

Just as an FYI, I went on Amazon a few days ago, browsed Warehouse Deals, and saved a bunch of items in case they offer 15% off on Warehouse items again this year. As of today, the price of almost every item in my cart has increased at least 20%.

I also checked the Prime Pantry deals tonight and saw prices that had been artificially inflated for Prime Day. (Case in point, the 32-pack of Pop-Tarts has been $6.98 for months. As of today, it's a "Prime Day special" for $9.85 - 25%.)

I'll still check in on Prime Day, but am watching prices like a hawk and checking price history on camelcamelcamel.com. I'm sure there will be a few loss leaders, but suspect that Prime Day will once again prove to be more hype than substance.

Yeah, with the exception of my Instant Pot, I've yet to find anything that I really needed/wanted/thought was a great deal on Prime Day. Although this year, we're actually in the market for a TV since the one in the bedroom died, so maybe!

• Like 2

Yeah, with the exception of my Instant Pot, I've yet to find anything that I really needed/wanted/thought was a great deal on Prime Day. Although this year, we're actually in the market for a TV since the one in the bedroom died, so maybe!

I've been eyeing Instant Pots. Did you get a decent Prime Day discount on it?

• Like 2

Thank you for the reminder! :)

I've been eyeing Instant Pots. Did you get a decent Prime Day discount on it?

I got one last year on Prime Day along with 200K other new Potheads. At the time it was the lowest price ever offered for that model. They had a similar deal before Christmas.

• Like 5

I was hoping the glass lid and other Instant Pot accessories would be discounted for Black Friday/Cyber Monday last year. The regular price of the lid actually increased just before that, so when they did cut the price it appeared to be a bigger discount than it really was.

Now I've gotta see if they discount a Sous Vide.  Thanks a LOT, Hive.  Isn't it enough for you people that I have a Vitamix and a Speed Queen?  Now I need an Instapot and a Sous Vide too?  Maybe I'll procrastineer it long enough and the Instapot will have a Sous Vide setting?

• Like 12

Now I've gotta see if they discount a Sous Vide.  Thanks a LOT, Hive.  Isn't it enough for you people that I have a Vitamix and a Speed Queen?  Now I need an Instapot and a Sous Vide too?  Maybe I'll procrastineer it long enough and the Instapot will have a Sous Vide setting?

Wait.  Do you have an Instant Pot?  You need one of those.  NEED!

Thanks ladies! I have a reminder set on my phone. Really REALLY hoping to scored a $70 Instapot!

Last year I for a great deal on another Fire stick for the TV. I believe it was under $10

Really?  I will get one if it is that price, 2 if they will allow it!

Last year I bought... the 50 gift card for a free 10 (on both of our accounts)... then some snap circuit -there were a lot!, a kindle fire at black Friday prices, a new camel back and umm something else I can't think of. The prices on some things were really good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last year I bought... the 50 gift card for a free 10 (on both of our accounts)... then some snap circuit -there were a lot!, a kindle fire at black Friday prices, a new camel back and umm something else I can't think of. The prices on some things were really good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Oh, yes, the gift cards.....I got those around Christmas time as they were offered then too.  I need to do that.

Here's the link. Note that you do have to be a Prime member to get Prime Day deals.

Thank you! ETA: It's only showing me the $14.95 option, probably because I'm a former member. Bah! Tricksy Amazon...

I can't vouch for a sous vide, but I can tell you that you MUST have an Instant Pot. If you're not sure, get yourself on the Facebook group called Instant Pot Community and start reading so you're ready tomorrow. 

I just bought my first Kindle--a refurbished Paperwhite. It's a lot of money to spend on something I'm not sure I'll love, since it will be my first ereader...but I'm hoping I'll be able to read lots of ebooks from the library now.

I was completely convinced that I preferred real books over a device, and I hated reading on my iPad. But it only took a week for me to fall in love with my Paperwhite, and now all four of us have our own. I hope you find that you love it too. 

Guess I'll have to Google, but I've made it 50 years without it...

You'll look back on those 50 years with regret once you realize how awesome the Instant Pot is :lol:

Edited by ILiveInFlipFlops
  • Like 2

Now I've gotta see if they discount a Sous Vide. Thanks a LOT, Hive. Isn't it enough for you people that I have a Vitamix and a Speed Queen? Now I need an Instapot and a Sous Vide too? Maybe I'll procrastineer it long enough and the Instapot will have a Sous Vide setting?

My 10in1 IP does sous vide...
  • Like 3

They've come out with two new versions, and one of them does have adjustable temperature, so even though it isn't labeled sous vide, in effect, it is! :w00t:  :drool5:

So, go do your research, and be ready in case they have a Prime deal on it.  (ETA:  It's the IP Ultra.  If you google IP Ultra reviews, someone has an explanation of all the features. And Sur Le Table has a page on it, too.)

One of their 8 qt IPs has my name on it, if they do a Prime Day deal that's good enough!

Edited by Halftime Hope
  • Like 3

Anova dropped their sous vide price to $99 at Thanksgiving, so there's always that if it doesn't make it on Prime day. It's normally $200, but I've seen it on Amazon for $150 a couple of times. The sous vide will blow the instant pot out of the water as far as end product (coming from someone who has both). I would get a real sous vide though with circulation and not just the IP version with the SV feature because you're more limited on size- you're contained to the size of the IP pot, whereas a true circulator you can clip on to a much larger container to cook more (or larger) things at once. Just my .02 from someone who used their sous vide 3-5 times a week. :) 

Another really nice sous vide circulator is the Joule by ChepSteps. That's the one I really wanted but it was out of stock at the time so I got the Anova instead. I've been happy with it though and definitely have gotten my money's worth. But the Joule is super cool and has a really nice App. Anova's app leaves much to be desired. 

I just got a set of 48 Prismacolor pencils for $14.95, which I thought was an awesome deal -- I wondered if it was a run-up to Prime Day.

As for the Instant Pot, the only thing I currently do with it is make chicken stock ... and that is enough to make it worthwhile!  I make stock about every 2 weeks, and being able to set it for 3 hours and then wander off to live my life is soooo much better than having a stockpot on the back of the stove all day that I have to keep track of.  

• Like 5

I was joking back. Sorry if it didn't come across!!!

Oh good.  I thought I offended you and was trying to back off.

Really, we use ours all the time, in fact, I think DH uses it more than I do.

But you can see if it is something you would use.

Like, I don't think I would use a Sous Vide....but I wouldn't mind trying it out and seeing.  I just don't need one more thing on my countertop right now.  Maybe in my next house in our high cost of living area, where I am just SURE our kitchen will be huge!

HA!

My Instant Pot is the most useful purchase I've made in the last several years. I got mine a year ago and still use it several times per week, sometimes even in the same day. 

Me too. I've also recently discovered how well the broiler and instant pot go together. I'll cook meat in the instant pot, then throw it under the broiler for a few minutes...best with say, pulled pork. The sauce on the pork carmelises and the pork gets some charred, crispy bits and YUM!

• Like 8