Menu

Like/dislike Disney? - poll inside

creekland

See how the voting members of the Hive feel about Disney  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Have you visited a major Disney Park? (In your own memory)

• Yes.
    • No, but definitely want to if we can.
    • No, but might consider it.
    • No, and have no desire to.
  2. 2. Do you enjoy Disney as a vacation (major parks)?

• Yes, it's my absolute favorite place to go - anything Disney!
    • Yes, it's among my favorite places to go, but there are others in that "favorite" group.
    • Yes, but it's not really my favorite. We enjoy it though.
    • Yes, but no desire to go again. BTDT
    • Hard to say - mixed feelings (too expensive, too far, or other reasons of a mixed sort).
    • Not really. I would go again, but only to appease others - not for myself.
    • No, and I don't really want to go again.
    • No. I really don't see what others love. Waste of money!
    • Have not been to Disney, but need a place to vote for each question. ;)
  3. 3. If you had kids with you (any age), did/do they enjoy it?

• Yes - all of them.
    • Some did, some didn't.
    • When they were younger, yes, older no.
    • When they were younger, no, older yes.
    • No, none of them seemed to really like it.
    • Had none of my kids with me when I visited.
    • Have not visited Disney.

The Disney travel thread(s) got me wondering how an Anonymous Hive feels.  ;)

Hopefully I've included enough options.  I decided not to include "other."  Feel free to align with any choice that feels best - esp about "younger" and "older" with kids if that applies.

Any major Disney park counts.  If you've been to more than one, feel free to use the one you like the best for the poll or choose Mixed Feelings if your thoughts differ.

We went to Disneyland and kids like some of the rides but not the others. My husband was at a 5 day work conference nearby so we bought a five day pass for our kids and me. Since we have 5 days, my kids get to check out any rides they want to and then keep going back for their favorites. They mostly like the wet rides and like Legoland more.

I have no desire to visit Disneyland again and I am not keen on visiting Disney World. If a relative wants me to tag along on an all expense trip, I would go and people watch. My kids say no to theme parks.

I won't mind going to Disneyland in Tokyo or Hong Kong as a transit stopover because the language and culture is different.

ETA:

Great America is walking distance away and I had free tickets to six flags once but kids say no. They aren't into roller coasters though and prefer go kart racing.

Edited by Arcadia

We all love Disney! It was a great place to take the kids when they were young. It was a great place to meet up with family for joint vacations. I'd love to go back now that the kids are older, and so would they. However, now that they're older, there are other places they haven't been that hold their interest.

I dislike crowds. I get motion sick. I like being active in nature. I do not care for Disney movies.

A Disney trip sounds thoroughly unpleasant to me. Neither of my kids had any desire to go either. My ds just said he would hate it.

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 5

I have been to Disneyland several times, as a kid and as an adult.  I've not been since I married and had kids.  

I have lots of fond memories, particularly the time I went with a good friend of mine; we were in our 30s and just acted like kids the whole time we were there.  I mean, not stupidly, but we waved at characters and went on all the rides and oohed and aahed over the parade and Tinkerbell flying.  I also went once with my sister on a kind of stealth trip without her kids when we were supposed to be someplace else.  

But, that was a long time ago now.  It's gotten prohibitively expensive for us. But also I just don't have a warm fuzzy feeling for the company.  I don't really love the movies.   For a while my husband and I worried that we were depriving our kids of a quintessential American experience by not taking them to Disney (he had lived in Florida so went to DW many times), but we asked and they said, basically, "nah."  This was when they were maybe 12 and 10?  Not sure. Anyway, so that came off our list.  We do better with vacations in the woods/mountains, we've discovered, anyway.  

Actually I remember doing some research on traveling to Disneyworld.  It was so overwhelming.  The logistics seemed impossible.  Sometimes I read the Disney threads here and I get the same feeling. I know people love it and feel relaxed from vacations there, but I think it would be just the opposite for me.

• Like 1

I voted but I don't know if I was right to - we twice went to the Hong Kong Disney park, which is a day trip rather than a holiday experience.  The boys liked it fine, but they liked the local theme park just as much.  I preferred the latter because it had a really cool aquarium and a very peaceful cable car ride.  Neither of the boys would be interested now, so I don't anticipate every going again.

Edited by Laura Corin

I voted but I don't know if I was right to - we twice went to the Hong Kong Disney park, which is a day trip rather than a holiday experience.  The boys liked it fine, but they liked the local theme park just as much.  I preferred the latter because it had a really cool aquarium and a very peaceful cable car ride.  Neither of the boys would be interested now, so I don't anticipate every going again.

It's right to vote IMO.  DL in California is generally more of a day trip too and some only take a day to do one park in FL.  It's still Disney.  

• Like 1

I liked staying on Disney properties and would go again just for that aspect. I loved the bus service to the parks.  I also loved that the site offered afternoon and evening children's activities.  The food court had offerings that appealed to both  my picky eat and dh.

As far as the parks go, I've only been to Magic Kingdom and a small portion of Epcot.  We also spent a day at Legoland. I liked Legoland better than Magic Kingdom, but let me clarify.  I am unable to ride most rides.  Legoland was built on the former Cypress Gardens.  The park itself was lovely.  It had trees and green spaces with seating near the ride exits.  This made it easy for me to spot my children as they exited the rides.  Magic Kingdom had less green space and little shade.  Ride exits were through gift shops making it harder for me to know when my children came off a ride.  I did like Epcot and wish that we had been able to spend more time there. 

My children enjoyed Disney more than I thought they would. They are indifferent to the characters (they don't recognize most of them) but loved the rides.  They want to go again and this time visit all four parks.  If we do go, we will fly rather than drive.  That will allow us to build in more down days.

Actually I remember doing some research on traveling to Disneyworld.  It was so overwhelming.  The logistics seemed impossible.  Sometimes I read the Disney threads here and I get the same feeling. I know people love it and feel relaxed from vacations there, but I think it would be just the opposite for me.

This.  I can't handle that kind of pressure on vacation!

We have a little amusement park that we love.  We ride our favorite rides over and over again.  We get reasonably priced food whenever we feel hungry (or pack food.) We arrive and leave whenever it suits us, and can always go back another day if the weather stinks or someone isn't feeling terrific.  And we can even bring our dog!  That's the speed at which I operate.

• Like 2

I said Yes, though not my favorite. We have been twice with the kids and both trips were very successful, no matter the age, even though in one instance, my youngest was a baby. (Obviously, I cannot say whether the baby "enjoyed" it.) It is certainly not an inexpensive trip, but I think it makes a very nice family trip if it is within one's budget. What seemed to work best for our family (especially when we had a baby along) was to not frantically run around, fearful that we might miss something. We didn't stay at any park all the live-long day. We didn't rush around, bent on doing/seeing every single thing. Wecame prepared with a good travel guide, but then we also just took time to enjoy the time, swim in the condo pool, play at the condo arcade, enjoy meals.

I would happily go again, but the next time we go as a family to FL, we're going to Universal where I can get my Butterbeer and a Honeydukes shirt!

I voted yes, hard to say, yes.

I don't live in the Orlando area but I live less than an hour from the theme parks. I've lived here since before any WDW park opened, and it was just the Magic Kingdom when it first opened. This was the days of E tickets and we had drawers full of unused, unwanted A tickets. B, C, and D tickets sometimes got used, but A hardly ever did. And you never got enough E tickets in a booklet of course*. I went to each new park as it opened. I've been more times than I can count. I like it okay. I don't love it. I don't hate it. I usually only go when I get a deal (we used to get in free every year for the Christmas parade taping, I had a friend who worked there and often got us in free) or when a group of friends or family decides to go together. 

Dh and I took ds there several times when he was little because we knew he'd enjoy it, and he did. The friend mentioned above has a son ds' age and they were close when they were younger. That's the main reason we used to go with them, so ds and his friend could hang out there together.

I prefer Universal. Hands down. Maybe if I keep going to Universal for 40+ years like I did with WDW I'll get tired of it. Ds is almost 20 so he hasn't been to the theme parks as often as I have. He likes Disney but loves Universal. 

*You could buy more of a specific type of ticket but of course E were the most expensive. Usually when the E tickets were all gone and you rode or visited everything you wanted to on the other tickets, the day was over. It was a big deal when they went to a single entry admission fee and you could ride everything as often as you want without a ticket.

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 1

We've been lots of times for extended periods (10+ days) to WDW and a couple of times to DL. It was a great vacation when kids were little as it is so easy (Dining Plan, no need for a car etc.). We still enjoy it but now the kids are at an age at which other vacations are just as possible. And I do feel that the prices have gotten just too high and a lot of the extras have been taken away. There used to be great deals (the original Dining Plan was great), but now not so much any more. As we live overseas, getting there is expensive and stressful so it isn't really worth it for less than three weeks (obviously, not all of which have to be spent at Disney; we have combined it with beach resorts, international drive, cruise, Universal etc.). Also, the only convenient time for us is in the summer and it is just so hot... Given all that, I still think Disney makes for a great vacation and we may well go again some day but definitely not every second year like we used to.

• Like 1

I grew up in Orlando and we went to Disney occasionally.   I have visited for the day, done park hoppers, stayed on the property, and was at the opening day for EPCOT, but I don't think I've ever *myself* paid for tickets.   I have a family member who just retired from working at WDW for 20+ years, so she supplied us tickets to take my kids once every couple of years, and that was enough.   I live about an hour away from WDW now, and have friends who are annual passholders, but I've never really been that fascinated with Disney to pay for passes.   My kids have loved it when we've gone, but it's not my favorite place in the world.  

As homeschoolers who live locally, we do have the luxury of choosing low-crowd days to visit.   If I had to go to WDW in the summer when crowd levels are at their highest and temperatures are at their hottest, I would hate it.   But the first week of December and the 2nd week of January are wonderful.

• Like 2

We love it. It is my absolute favorite. Funny thing is I don't care for Disney merchandise but love Disneyland. My kids had a blast and my older ones also have fond memories. We always try to do different things when we hit Disney though. We usually do a day of Universal Studios (Harry Potter was awesome!),Medieval Times, Block at Orange, those types of things.

• Like 1

If Disneyland opened up the SoCal discount to the entire state, we would go. I think it's something like $300/year. But since we don't qualify for the discount, we've never been.

My parents took my brothers and me to Disney World several times growing up while visiting my paternal grandparents' "snowbird" home.

I grew up in Orlando and we went to Disney occasionally.   I have visited for the day, done park hoppers, stayed on the property, and was at the opening day for EPCOT, but I don't think I've ever *myself* paid for tickets.   I have a family member who just retired from working at WDW for 20+ years, so she supplied us tickets to take my kids once every couple of years, and that was enough.   I live about an hour away from WDW now, and have friends who are annual passholders, but I've never really been that fascinated with Disney to pay for passes.   My kids have loved it when we've gone, but it's not my favorite place in the world.  

As homeschoolers who live locally, we do have the luxury of choosing low-crowd days to visit.   If I had to go to WDW in the summer when crowd levels are at their highest and temperatures are at their hottest, I would hate it.   But the first week of December and the 2nd week of January are wonderful.

I was dating a guy who worked at the Orlando PBS radio station (90.7 for those in the area) when Epcot opened. He took me on Press Day just before it opened to the public. That was kind of cool and the only time I got to do something like that.

I also have local friends who are passholders. They're big Disney fans. We bought the water parks pass a few times but never passes to the theme parks. We were Universal passholders for quite a few years, and will probably do it again soon. After our pass expired last year we decided to take a break.

If Disneyland opened up the SoCal discount to the entire state, we would go. I think it's something like $300/year. But since we don't qualify for the discount, we've never been.

Wow. They don't have a California resident discount? WDW has Florida resident discounts, and it covers the whole state. I know CA is a bigger state but still, that's not right. :(

As a kid, I thought it was okay. I went to both Disneyland and Disneyworld as a young kid. Then, my father took me and my brother to WDW, Epcot, and once to Hollywood Studios the first year it opened when I was a young teen. Fun, but not the pinnacle of my vacation life.

As an adult, I was resistant to taking the kids and pleasantly surprised by what a good time we had. I wouldn't choose it for me, but it was fun.

The children felt it was their favorite vacation experience. Sigh. By far. Thus, for their sake, we're going back this year so they'll have been once at age 9 and once at 13. And then we can be done.

I voted yes, BTDT, and younger yes, older no.  

I went for the very first time just this last November, we made the mistake of doing Universal Studios first, which is freaking awesome and I would go again in a heartbeat.  After that, Disney felt pretty bland, we did all the parks, and the adults went to the World Showcase alone, which was super fun.  The older kids LOVED Universal and didn't think much of Disney, the baby loved it all but got tired and overwhelmed.  We also did a Disney cruise in that same trip and that was really awesome.  

Overall it was fun, but I wouldn't do it again.  That said, there are very few places I would actually visit twice when traveling, there is just too much world to see, I think Cambodia is the only real exception to that.

We enjoy it and the kids love it. We've gone twice with the kids and I had a nursling each time. It definitely wasn't always easy with such young ages. But I find that the stressful parts melt away with time, and though I still remember them, I remember the fun times more.

Our first trip was three years ago and was on rather short notice. I did just enough research to get an idea of what was do-able and what was not - this kept our expectations in line. I didn't go into all-out planning mode because that would have been too stressful and we wanted to take it easy. Great trip, but we didn't do nearly as much as we could have; but like I said, we knew we couldn't see everything and had clear expectations that everyone understood.

The second trip was last fall, and our in-laws met us there for part of it. It was nice to be able to split up occasionally, but of course...in-laws... Anyway, some things that made that trip work really well:

-smarter about packing. I bought fun trinkets for the kids to keep them occupied, and a more park-friendly purse, diaper bag, and stroller

-we knew more about ourselves after the first trip, like we don't like doing a midday break (too many transitions for the kids to handle), so we planned long, air-conditioned lunches instead. We also learned more about how to have in-park down time for the kids.

-went in October; gorgeous weather, and the crowds were low enough to not drive me crazy!

-more time to research, make reservations, fast passes, etc.

-took a whole ten days (7 park days iirc)

-I thoroughly familiarized myself with the park maps

-ditto for ride waits/best time to ride

-finally bought smartphones, like, less than a week before the trip. We didn't have to lug around the DSLR every single day, and could use apps for figuring out wait times and making extra fast passes.

These last four things let us really slow down to do what the kids wanted, while giving us enough background knowledge to make quick, smart choices for our family.

Our first trip to WDW was absolutely magical. Back then, we really felt special with our wheelchair kid, and we weren't expecting it ahead of time. Over and over employees ushered us away from lines and helped us with dd. Because so many guests abused that (eg faking having a member of their party in a wheelchair), they changed their policies, like we can get a voucher to come back to the jungle cruise at a certain time to avoid the line, but we don't get right on. We've done 2 other trips to Disneyland and WDW since that first but they weren't quite as magical. The last one was actually a nightmare as the only time we could go was spring break. Way too crowded. So now I'm not anxious to schedule another trip there.

We have been to Disney World numerous times.  Our family absolutely loved it.  We had some amazing trips there, and we have great memories of those trips!

However, we have no plans to go back anytime in the next several years.  Disney World has changed SO much.  I absolutely hate the new Fastpass system.  It was bad enough when we had to plan our meals months in advance, but now we have to decide what rides we want to ride on what day too?  Ugh, no thank you.  That is just too much pressure.  Also, we used to be able to go off-season and have a great time with much lower crowds.  Now, it is almost impossible to find a time where the crowds are low.  Disney has been very effective in finding ways to keep the place booked up year-round now.  Great for them, but not great for us.  We don't find it worth it to go with the way the crowds are now.

Also, now that my girls are teenagers, they have lots of other places that they want to visit.  While they would still love to go back to Disney, they have absolutely loved our trips to England and Italy and would much rather spend time in Europe at this point.  

I visited Disneyland at 12yo and 15yo. While I enjoyed it then, I have no desire to return. Neither dh nor any of my dc have ever had any interest in going to Disney for vacation. My mother is aghast that my dc haven't been to Disney and feels their childhood is incomplete. :001_rolleyes:

I've went to Disney multiple times growing up. I took oldest there as a child, and he visited with his grandparents as a teen, but my younger children never showed any interest.

However, even if they did, Disney's hiring practices (H1-B visa abuse) really bother me, and I no longer feel comfortable giving them my money.

Edited by Upward Journey

I'm one of those people...with an "other"  :001_cool:

We are FL residents and have passes so going to WDW isn't a vacation for us. It's more like a field trip. I know I would feel much differently if it was our vacation. DH and I agree we'd probably hate going if we knew we spent $$$ and felt like we had to squeeze as much in as possible in a short period of time. There's much less pressure knowing that if we can't do or see something on one day, we can always come back and do it a different day.

We went to Disneyland when the kids were younger. That time it was a vacation. But we got our DL passes for free so we didn't have any expectations for the park to live up to a certain financial output. We also didn't make DL the center of our trip. We went to a few other places in southern CA and had a great time overall.

While we like amusement parks, we really enjoy vacations that allow more of a variety of activities. We like to see nature, museums, points of local interest. We know a family that only goes to resorts on their vacations. That would not work for our family, but they'd probably hate our geeked out trips. To each their own.

• Like 1

DisneyWorld is a bittersweet childhood memory for me.  At this point in my life, it's not feasible to ever go again, but I will always remember my parents' laughter and joy when they took us there as kids many times (former FL resident).  It's one of those things that makes me happy and breaks my heart at the same time. I miss them, but going there would just make it that much more sharp a loss.

Edited by Audrey
  • Like 2

We went BK (before kids) and had a blast. I would like to go one more time and with my kids this time, but I know it is too expensive considering the travel, lodging, admission, food, distance, time.

My favorite place to go was Busch Gardens in Virginia and we did take our kids there and we all had a great time for that one day. I would love to go back to Busch Gardens.

Hm, I answered the poll, but I'm sure I come at the questions from a different angle, because when the kids were younger we were season pass holders. Being a resident made things so much easier - we could go to the park for short stretches, weren't hostage to high-prices restaurants, knew when the lines would be short, etc.

If we did Disney the way most others do it, I'm not sure I'd enjoy it so much, unless I came into a lot of cash and money and time were both plentiful (as in, I could make a leisurely two week stay in an onsite hotel). There's just too much to take in during a typical 4-day stay.

ETA lol I just read other replies and see I'm not the only one who did it the resident way. It really is a game changer.

Edited by Seasider

I went a few times as a kid and once as a young adult. Only ever for a day at a time, so I've never had the full Disney experience. That said, I'm not sure it's a priority for my family. We'd probably go for a day if we were nearby for some reason, but I have so many other places I want to travel and with the budget for a multi-day Disney vacation, I could literally take us all to Europe, not to mention what I could do in the states. And we're more interested in that.

All that said, I'll probably take the kids for a day at some point.

Eta: homeschooling had spoiled me for going to places withiut huge crowds in the off-season. When dh was looking at a job in FL, we had already decided that we would get a resident pass if we moved there. That seemed worth it.

Edited by Meagan S
  • Like 1

I used to live in California, and we'd go to Disneyland now and then.  My entire senior class took a train to Disneyland!

When our kids were all under 10, we spent one day there.  It was the first time my dh had been there.  We all had a blast, and I loved going back again.  It really is a magical place.

But we've never been back.  It turns out that we'd rather visit real-life places without all the crowds, or at least different places -- because there are so many places to see!  

Someday I wouldn't mind going back again, though I'm not sure if that will happen.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to go there though!

We took our kids to Disney once when they were 5 and 2 when we lived in VA.  I liked it as much as the next guy.  Then we moved to Florida about 5 years ago and got the Florida resident passes and had to go something like four times to make them pay off.  So we went fairly regularly.  DH and I as well as oldest (who was about 11 at the time) were completely Disneyed out, and much whining and carrying on would occur when we would go in order to get our money's worth.  For us, there is no magic there, and in our opinion it is a small, overpriced place with no real thrill rides.  My kids would much rather go to Universal Studios or Busch Gardens in Tampa.

But when we lived in VA, we knew a family that was on a very tight budget.  But each year they put a $10k plus vacation to Disney on their credit cards.  Their youngest kid was 12 so I really didn't get why they were doing it, but they would stay at the most expensive hotel, at the most expensive time, get all the meal plans, character breakfasts, etc. year after year after year.  I just could never understand why someone would do that.  I don't get the draw of Disney, to be honest.

I liked Disney when we went (dd was 7). It was a once in a lifetime trip in that we went whole hog -- stayed at Animal Kingdom, ate on site, saw and bought everything we wanted ( I had won some money and this was our only family vacation-- most of our spare money went to summer camps for dd). It was almost ruined by a foul mouth woman who was renting the next room. She was always yelling on her cell phone -- when in the room, when on the balcony, when we were trying to sleep. It was so bad that my husband went next door to speak to her husband and ended up calling management several times during our stay. Her kid were about 3 and the other was a baby so I have no idea why she was using such terrible language.

I would go again only if I could rent both rooms on either side of me--as in three adult couples doing Disney. 

My in-laws LOVE Disneyland.  They even buy season passes and live 6 hours away.  I was 23 the first time I went so maybe the fact that I wasn't a child kind of jaded my view of the place.  I didn't have any children yet, either.  I found the place to be overrated.  I was shocked at how clean it was, but I was unimpressed with the rides.  I think people go more for the experience.  I've gone since having children and can definitely see it being an enchanting place for children.  Even the rides.  I found California Adventures to be a complete waste.  There were probably only two rides that I enjoyed and even my children were bored with what they had to offer.  We walked back to Disneyland (we had a park hopper pass).  Overall I wouldn't save up to go, but if my mother-in-law offers to pay again we would go.  We've only ever gone with them, anyway.  

I went as a kid in the late 70's early 80's.  I have sweet memories(even though I was little.)  We started taking the kids when my oldest was about 9.  I went right after I lost my dad(my mom died a couple years before.)  It was so emotional for me, but in a good way.  We have been about every 3-4 years since.  DH loves it because he can appreciate the details and the animation art part of it(he's an artist who did a comic book in his early 20s).  The kids get to go because they follow us there. LOL  They love it too.  We have 6 kids and it is so easy to have a great time there.  All ages enjoy the same things. We all get excited about the characters and we engage them and chat with them.  Such sweet memories.  Maybe the littles won't remember when they are older.  Who cares?  Their parents do and that's what matters. :laugh:  And we have photographic evidence.

As they get older(our baby is 4 now), we will go on other trips.  We are planning an east coast road trip this year.  We have plans on seeing Mt Rushmore before dd15 graduates too.  So, we don't just go to Disney.  But, we don't go to Disney AND Europe AND... They can go on expensive international vacations when they are older. 

My favorite part of Disney is Epcot.  So far nobody I know agrees with me.  :p

If I want rides, I have many good options close to home.

Epcot is my family's favorite too - all 5 of us, 6 if you count my mom.  MK comes in second.  We're not really fond of AK or the Studio (whichever studio it is - can't remember right now).

But Busch Gardens (Tampa) wins for rides (for us).  Hershey or Dorney here in PA are better for rides/waterpark too.

I love roller coasters and don't get the appeal of Disney. Even as a kid I was kind of underwhelmed and it was so expensive! Plus all the lines.

Now Six Flags? Cedar Point? Sign me up!

Dh and I have been to Disney World and Epcot. We did not have our kids with us.

Meh.

I think we just aren't amusement park people. So we've never made it a priority to get there with the kids, and they've never asked.

We are museum, national park/seashore/forest, kind of people I guess because we do a LOT of that.

• Like 1

I've never been.  I am not really interested - if I were to spend that kind of money on a trip, I would never choose Disney - Im not even a fan of the movies.  Even my older two kids at 12 and 9 would rather take a trip to a "real" place.  All the coordination also seems really unenjoyable to me.

Now, if we won a family trip, I would go, and I'm sure the kids would have fun, and I'd even have fun - I enjoy rides sometimes.  Dh would leave us and go fishing.

I love roller coasters and don't get the appeal of Disney. Even as a kid I was kind of underwhelmed and it was so expensive! Plus all the lines.

Now Six Flags? Cedar Point? Sign me up!

Funny!  I HATE Six Flags ! LOL

I am NOT a roller coaster fan. I love Disney. :)

• Like 1

I voted "No, but might consider it." Neither DH nor I have been to any of the Disney parks and we have no desire to go. Both of our children have been to Disney World as part of a marching band which performed in the parade. Neither has a desire to return to Disney on a vacation.

I love Disney movies and have many Disney soundtracks (as well as a Disney Pandora station) but the idea of going to Disney gives me an eye twitch. I would much rather go camping and sing songs from Muana or Pochahontas.

"Just around the riverbend..." 

I have to say I found Disney to be a lot better than I expected.  There was a time I would have said "haven't been, not interested."  I think it's great that most of us have at least made the trip once.  :)

I have to say I found Disney to be a lot better than I expected.  There was a time I would have said "haven't been, not interested."  I think it's great that most of us have at least made the trip once.  :)

I'm surprised at how high the percentage is for who's been there.  Now I'm wondering what the overall percentage is (among all adults in first world nations).