Menu

I'm wondering about underwear and anatomy.

kitten18

I've been wondering for a long time if my anatomy is odd or if other women have this issue with underwear.

So, the part of the part of the underwear that is cotton or double layered. It doesn't seem to fit me in the right spot, it's too far to the back, this is true for all of my underwear not just a certain style.

I'm just sitting in an airport, bored.

• Like 4

A google search has informed me that the extra lining is called a gusset.

A thread at Reddit suggests that it's because of a big booty and to get bigger underwear. If I did that, my underwear would definitely be too big. 🤔

Count me among the inconvenienced. Let's just say that I don't often get the benefit of the second layer of cotton for absorption. Drives me crazy. Or it did until recently, when I started using Carefree liners daily. So much better. My booty is decent sized, but not noticeably big.

• Like 1

I've been wondering for a long time if my anatomy is odd or if other women have this issue with underwear.

So, the part of the part of the underwear that is cotton or double layered. It doesn't seem to fit me in the right spot, it's too far to the back, this is true for all of my underwear not just a certain style.

Me too!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Yep - I mean, it's in an okay location for aunt flo, but in the wrong location any any urine drops or w/e. And yes, I have a big butt, I cannot lie. But a bigger size underwear would be too big, just like I've got big upper arms, and shirts that fit me in the arms are going to be tents around my waist.

• Like 2

Same with me. I've wondered what the heck is wrong with underwear makers. They make a point of having that extra layer of cotton, but it is too far back. I've thought the underwear makers must all just be incredibly incompetent.

I think this should be added to the thread about annoyances.

• Like 3

I thin they are cut to suit women who haven't had kids yet. 

Maybe, but I had this issue well before I had kids. Of course, I also had a big butt well before kids. I don't think kids affected my butt size (they did, however, have some impact on my waist, so the aforementioned issue about my arms vs my waist is not as big a deal as it was pre-kids. 

Maybe, but I had this issue well before I had kids. Of course, I also had a big butt well before kids. I don't think kids affected my butt size (they did, however, have some impact on my waist, so the aforementioned issue about my arms vs my waist is not as big a deal as it was pre-kids. 

I'm not talking about butt size, but the tilt of the pelvis. 

I have the same issue and it does seem to have gotten worse after the last two kids.  I notice it mostly when I'm putting on liners or pads (I only use pads for af).  I have to put them only half on the gusset, and half in front of it.  I don't remember having to do that before. 

I do have a big butt and it's definitely bigger after these last two kids.

me too

Yeah. Generally speaking your pelvis tilts forward for birthing, and doesn't tilt all the way back again. Hence the need for mum jeans instead of hipsters. :p

Did not realize this! Of course, never really thought about the tilt of my pelvis. I knew my body/butt/abdomen had definitely changed, and not just due to extra weight! One more thing taught by the Hive!

OP, same problem here. Solved the issue by buying period panties that had extra frontal coverage, too. Love them for all kinds of reasons. :)

Why is it that bras are custom fitted and designed for multitudinous shapes, looks, and specifications, yet

Underwear are generally related to general sizes like small, medium, large with a few different cuts? This ultimately 'proves' the designers are male, lol, as per attention to detail.

I am visualizing a random guy trying to determine size, fit, and exactly where a gusset should go...

• Like 2

Another with an issue with most women's underwear. The gusset isn't much of an issue but the leg holes, I don't know, any bigger and they'd fall off the waist but my leg holes rub and are uncomfortable like they aren't quite in the right place. It's better when I wear them with cloth pads. I guess it stretches the material out more, Now, I actually pretty much only wear typical woman's underwear with the cloth pads and otherwise...I wear boxers. They just fit my body shape better. 

And speaking of gussets, I hate that manufacturing standards have decreased to the point that exposed gusset seams are now the norm.

I wore Jockey underpants way back in the day when both seams were enclosed. Then became very aware when the front seam were exposed, then switched brands when they exposed the rear seam as well.

I don't shop in the right stores to find brands that enclose their crotch seams.

• Like 1

And speaking of gussets, I hate that manufacturing standards have decreased to the point that exposed gusset seams are now the norm.

I wore Jockey underpants way back in the day when both seams were enclosed. Then became very aware when the front seam were exposed, then switched brands when they exposed the rear seam as well.

I don't shop in the right stores to find brands that enclose their crotch seams.

I have some that don't even have a front gusset seam.  So it's just open there as if they meant to make it a little pocket. For what???? Like I'm going to stash my credit card and ID in there when I don't feel like carrying a purse? 

• Like 15

I have some that don't even have a front gusset seam.  So it's just open there as if they meant to make it a little pocket. For what???? Like I'm going to stash my credit card and ID in there when I don't feel like carrying a purse? 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Ive wondered the same thing.

• Like 1