Menu

Just so y'all are ready - TOMORROW IS PI DAY!!

FriedClams

Planning a mud pie here. Will make the homemade coffee ice cream today and put it in oreo pie crust shell to freeze overnight. Then make some hot fudge sauce to spoon over it tomorrow, top with cool whip (I know, this is the only recipe I use it for) and freeze the whole thing for tomorrow night. I was going to just do spaghetti for dinner, but I could probably do pizza--good idea!

• Like 1

huh

pie is difficult to pull off when low carb(ing)

That would be an extremely depressing pie. Perhaps a quiche with lots of bacon and cheese. 

Yay! We have pies made. Pizza and quiche for the main meals.

Dd9 is working on the first hundred digits (she's almost there!)

We have a dentist appointment in the morning. She made them a pie, but will keep it back. She plans to ask if they'd like pie for our day, then recite the digits. Then give them a pie 🙂.

We will be in town all.day.long. (sigh). We'll be measuring every circle we can find and see pi!

Yay! We love pi day

• Like 2

Are there any good Pi Day videos for kids? I finally just ordered a copy of Sir Cumference and the Dragon of Pi from Amazon because it's hard to get the library copy at the right time. It should arrive tomorrow, but I'd like some fun videos to add to our day, if anyone has any recommendations.

I cheated. I bought a Costco pie. The checkout helper was so funny. She had very limited English and was like, this is the best thing we have here. It's made back there you know. And also, tomorrow has something to do with pie. I don't know what, but I know people like pie. Yes, yes we do. Also, math.

• Like 5

I cheated. I bought a Costco pie. The checkout helper was so funny. She had very limited English and was like, this is the best thing we have here. It's made back there you know. And also, tomorrow has something to do with pie. I don't know what, but I know people like pie. Yes, yes we do. Also, math.

:rofl:

I made key lime pie, but it's going off to a gathering with my oldest two. I have no idea what we will do at home.

• Like 1

We ended up making an apple pie. I haven't made a crust from scratch in forever so it's a little iffy if it will turn out ok. But dd had a lot of fun baking with me. As we were doing it I thought that I should do that kind of thing more often with her. She loves to bake and cook and craft. Me, not as much. But it is fun doing it with her. 

And we're having meatballs for dinner, I figure they are also round. :) 

• Like 2

Somewhat clueless company alert: landsend.co.uk is offering a pi day discount..... but it's not pi day in the UK.  That would be the 31st of April, if such a day existed, or the 3rd day of the 14th month:

http://www.landsend.co.uk/

There will be some quite mystified customers.  I can't see anywhere where it explains what they are talking about.

• Like 1

Just came home from Volunterring at Pi Day at my son's school. It is the big event every year (sponsored by the Math Academy program). News crews show up. Some students memorize fantastical numbers of digits.

But I had too much sun. Almost 90. Can't imagine snow storms in this heat.

Bill

Free pie at our library! Whoot!

I think I will suggest this to our librarians for next year.

I can't in good conscience make a pie for Pi day due to too many family birthdays right before it. That means we already have plenty of desserts, way more than we need, especially during Lent.

Therefore we will eat a green pie for St. Patrick's day dessert, after the bday desserts are gone. 

• Like 1

But I had too much sun. Almost 90. Can't imagine snow storms in this heat.

Bill

Here, Bill, does this help? :D

I can't imagine heat in this snow! (It's actually not actively snowing atm; it was blowing much more impressively earlier...)

post-5244-0-75546400-1489530027_thumb.jpg

Edited by Matryoshka

Wintermom, we're speechless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't sound like much, but it was very yummy. BTW, the "nun's farts" don't translate directly into that in English. That's the French-Canadian name for the pastry (pete de soeur). I love the name, though. :laugh:

4u8wQySdSR4wi7IDrFAA_10154613879375577.j

Edited by wintermom

Here, Bill, does this help? :D

I can't imagine heat in this snow! (It's actually not actively snowing atm; it was blowing much more impressively earlier...)

Wow. I could use some of that snow. I look like a lobster from too much sun exposure today at school and then lacrosse practice this afternoon.

Lacrosse in snow? That might me fun. We'd need to switch from white balls.

I did have a snow-cone today. 

Bill

• Like 1