Menu

Need another Series to Watch

kahlanne

Need new Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu show to watch. Right now I am finishing up Parenthood which I love. How did I miss that back in the day? Reminds me of another show that I loved, Brothers and Sisters. Both will go down as two of my favorite all time series but I am looking for anything really. My tastes are varied. Generally I don't love gory but liked Daredevil. I don't do horror or excessive nudity. I have watched many shows so there may not be much left to suggest. Please don't judge. LOL.

Downton Abbey

Daredevil

Agents of Shield

Arrow

Supernatural

Flash

Brothers and Sisters

Parenthood

Last Man Standing

Reba

Friends

Sienfield

Baby Daddy

Shannara Chronicles

Fringe

Hart of Dixie

Revenge

Firefly

Pretty Little Liars

Jericho

When Calls the Heart

Beauty and the Beast

House

Everybody Loves Raymond

Touch

Star Crossed

Dr.Quinn Medicine Woman

Little House on the Prairie

Blue Bloods (six seasons on DVD)

There are an endless stream of costume dramas, which could keep you from cleaning the house or doing the laundry for years!

Jane Austen = Pride & Prejudice, Emma, Sense & Sensibility, etc.   Multiple adaptions of each of her 6 novels.

Elizabeth Gaskell = Wives & Daughters, North & South (NOT the Civil War one!), Cranford

Edited by Beth S
  • Like 1

Do you mind subtitles?

Engrenages (Spiral)

Prisoners of War

Borgen

Scott & Bailey

Happy Valley

I have never tried it before but am game. I will give it a shot.

I tried Mr. Selfridge but just couldn't get into it. Didn't like Mr. Selfridge character. Might give it another go since so many liked it.

• Like 1

White Collar

Leverage

Call The Midwife

Mr. Selfridge (I have never cared for the main character but all the other character story lines, I have liked.)

Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries

Murdoch Mysteries

Death in Paradise

Once Upon a Time

Bones

The Bletchley Circle

• Like 1

I have never tried it before but am game. I will give it a shot.

I tried Mr. Selfridge but just couldn't get into it. Didn't like Mr. Selfridge character. Might give it another go since so many liked it.

I didn't care much for Mr Selfridge at all. His character and the show. I watched much longer than I should have and it got worse, not better.

With that portfolio you might like:

Grimm

Killjoys (don't know if this is on Netflix, but you can watch it on the Scifi channel website, I think. Syfy, is that what they call that channel now?)

iZombie

Call the Midwife

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries

Jessica Jones

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (the best of all trek, hands down)

White Collar

Psych

Veronica Mars

I went looking for a new series as I loved Parenthood, so I went to look for Brothers and Sisters, but it looks like it is only for pay. Should I just wait until it comes for free? Or is it worth paying for?

We just started the Newsroom series. It is ok. I am also working through the only Star Trek series I have not seen which is Enterprise.

Mini series: The Night Manager. Really good!

Mr. Robot

Which service did you find The Night Manager on? I have been wanting to see it!

Also, OP, I didn't see Sherlock in your list. IMO it's one of the best shows! Watch more than the first episode ;)

Edited by importswim

where did you find Without a Trace and Northern Exposure?

FYI, if you have a Roku, you can put any series, movie, etc you want in the search box (from the Roku home screen) and it will tell you where to find it.  I recently figured this out and love this feature!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone mentioned Stranger Things?  I just finished it and OH MY GOODNESS it's sooooo good.  Gripping.  I loved it.

Only 8 episodes on Netflix, though.  There's supposed to be a 2nd season, but I don't know if it's playing on tv yet or not.  The 1st season does mostly wrap up the story, but there are enough lose ends that there needs to be a 2nd season.

Need new Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu show to watch. Right now I am finishing up Parenthood which I love. How did I miss that back in the day? Reminds me of another show that I loved, Brothers and Sisters. Both will go down as two of my favorite all time series but I am looking for anything really. My tastes are varied. Generally I don't love gory but liked Daredevil. I don't do horror or excessive nudity. I have watched many shows so there may not be much left to suggest. Please don't judge. LOL.

Downton Abbey

Daredevil

Agents of Shield

Arrow

Supernatural

Flash

Brothers and Sisters

Parenthood

Last Man Standing

Reba

Friends

Sienfield

Baby Daddy

Shannara Chronicles

Fringe

Hart of Dixie

Revenge

Firefly

Pretty Little Liars

Jericho

When Calls the Heart

Beauty and the Beast

House

Everybody Loves Raymond

Touch

Star Crossed

Dr.Quinn Medicine Woman

Little House on the Prairie

Homeland

Mad Men

The Americans

Six Feet Under

Parks and Recreation

30 Rock

3rd Rock from the Sun

Law and Order (original series)

Outlander

X-Files

Has anyone mentioned Stranger Things? I just finished it and OH MY GOODNESS it's sooooo good. Gripping. I loved it.

Only 8 episodes on Netflix, though. There's supposed to be a 2nd season, but I don't know if it's playing on tv yet or not. The 1st season does mostly wrap up the story, but there are enough lose ends that there needs to be a 2nd season.

Watched it in three sittings. 5 episodes the first night until DH cut me off at 2 a.m.

• Like 1

I just started binge watching Limitless. Its a spin off a movie with Bradley Cooper that I have not seen, but you can understand the show without seeing the movie. Season 1 is on Netflix right now. I'm about halfway through and love it so far.

Another one I was quite suprised I liked so much was Breakout Kings. There are two seasons total and it got cancelled but doesn't completely leave you hanging on an existing story line, rather they were going to start a new one and it ended. The killings and violence aren't in your face. The camera cuts away and it's more implied than shown which I appreciate. The second season was a little more violent than the first, but still much less than other shows and it's only for a short part usually. Not endless scene after scene if you know what I mean. It was a really good show in my opinion.