Menu

(Update in post 179) Boardie needs prayers for her ds as he goes for major surgery!

Catwoman

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Update--#179

Update in # 102, hope im doing this right!

This is Mayank's mom and I am in awe, thank u!EACH AND EVERYONE of you,you are an amazing group who have all been through a lot yourselves.Here is the update!

I Just got back home to be with my 12 year old dd and sister who is here to help.Today was rough like I said ,the old valve and the area around it had a lot of scar tissue,

This am 9 hours after surgery he had major leaks from everywhere,so it took them about 18 hours to bring him to a decent level,He is still sedated and he is still on the vent with the breathing tube.

He is conscious though which is great but that is also causing issues as he is getting agitated and his levels are getting affected by this.

This was supposed to be a 5 hour surgery and since it went to for 8+ hours the body of course is stressed..

Anyway tonight the goal of the Icu staff is to keep him comfortable and as stable as possible.

At this point his lungs are still filled with fluid and they flush him through his breathing tube every 4 hours ,bu the body keeps making more!The needs to reduce!

We still need all the prayers,good thoughts,vibes coming the next 24-36 hours are critical.

WE appreciate all that you all have been doing and I will try to update again in 24 hours.

His Dr's are all in Medical City Dallas so we stayed there for the surgery... the surgeon is DR Eric Mendeloff.

Catwoman..I am humbled,thank you thank you..I reached out and you were quick to respond,from the bottom of my heart thank you !

Mominco!

Thank you so much for taking the time to PM me, and then to post the detailed update far better than I could have done it for you!

I'll keep praying for Mayank, and I hope you will keep updating us on his progress.

You must be so worried!!! :grouphug:

I hope Mayank's condition is improving today. I haven't heard anything from his mom, but I'm hoping she will get a chance to post an update soon. I'm not counting on it, though, because with her son being in ICU, I'm sure the last thing she's thinking about is getting online.

Praying for good news. :grouphug: