257 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear makeup?

• Yes, full face, everyday.
    • Light makeup, eyes, lips only.
    • Full face, special occasions only.
    • Light makeup, special occasions only.
    • Foundation/ coverup only.
    • Lip gloss only.
    • Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Depends how I feel.
    • Never. Ick.
    • Other.

I voted, but I don't like the wording of my option: Never. Ick.

I feel that the 'ick' adds an implicit layer of judgement against those who do wear make-up to any degree.

I DON'T like makeup, nothing about it appeals to me and I don't wear it, even when my mom or sister bug me to put on a little for a special occasion, but that isn't a judgement against those who do use make up. It is merely my decision.

I voted, but I don't like the wording of my option: Never. Ick.

I feel that the 'ick' adds an implicit layer of judgement against those who do wear make-up to any degree.

I DON'T like makeup, nothing about it appeals to me and I don't wear it, even when my mom or sister bug me to put on a little for a special occasion, but that isn't a judgement against those who do use make up. It is merely my decision.

I was referring to the feeling of it. I meant no judgement.

Okay, well, to be honest that does sum up the way I feel about it. Cosmetics irritate me--I don't like the way that they smell, taste, feel and the majority I've been around make me itch.

However, I felt guilty voting because of the way I thought others would interpret the 'ick', funny how society worms its way into the pysche...

I have a moisturizing foundation that I wear 4-5 days per week and the other two that I go without, I have a coconut oil moisturizer because if ii don't stick with daily help, my face turns into lizard skin. Some days are just a light blush and some lip gloss. Probably 3 days per week I wear full eye make up. My hair stylist helped me find good make up for my skin, and I can do ful face with really nice eye make up in 5 minutes. I'm wearing it more often than I used to because it takes so little time.

I'm a never but I voted other because I don't feel makeup is ick. I think I do what I do and you do what you do and that is peachy keen! I've seen some icky makeup but mostly everything I see is either really nice/cool or very subtle. All I ask in return is that you don't hate me for my doesn't need makeup even and nice complexion, lol. I wash my face and I use a moisturizer and wear sunscreen every.single.day. That, aside from lip balm like carmex and burt's bees is all the "cosmetics" I use.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

But it is becoming less and less.  i haven't worn it in months.  I have Sjorgrens which causes my eyes to be very dry.  I either have them dripping useless tears, making the mascara run.....or so dry I rub them absentmindedly smearing it.  LOL   I pretty much just gave up and don't wear it any more.  

5 years ago I wore it every day and it was rare that I didn't.  It took about that long to finally switch it to the opposite end of the spectrum.  I don't remember the last time I did wear it.  

I probably wear makeup six days a week, I voted full face, but my full face can vary from tinted moisturizer/mascara/blush, to a full-full face of everything.  That depends on my mood.  I wear it because I like it, I think it's fun to play with and I have tons of it.  My dh would not notice or care if I never wore it again and I feel fine without it and will go out without it.  I just enjoy it.  :)

I voted full face everyday but it's not really every day.  Maybe every other or so.  Full face special occasions didn't fit b/c it's way more often and even though I go for a natural look, it's not light.  If we are homeschooling only and I never leave, I don't put it on but I am usually out and about most days and I do try to do my face before leaving.

I wear full face of makeup whenever I go out or have company.  I don't wear it if I'm alone at home.   

Make up makes me look better.  I have a washed out pale as death face and big black circles under my eyes 24/7.  If I don't wear make up people ask me if I am sick.  Not that I need to justify my make up use.  :)  

I voted full face every day, but I use a very light hand.  I want to look like me, only better.  Concealer, mineral foundation (powder), blush, eyeliner, shadow, mascara and light lipstick.  Since I wear glasses, I really need the works because they would otherwise disappear.  When I wear contacts, I use WAY less eye make up. 

For me, make up is like getting dressed. It takes me about 5 - 7 minutes. 

I wear tinted moisturiser almost every day - I have high colouring and like to tone it down a touch.  For work (office) I put powder over it and wear lipstick.  My eyes are strongly marked, so I don't do anything to them.  I also have two pairs of glasses - one that I wear for gardening, etc. and one nicer pair that I wear to the office.

L

Depends on my mood, time available and who is going to see me that day. I usually do full face makeup 2-3 times a week. I like wearing makeup, but I don't feel like I have to wear it everyday.

I saw your user name and thought it said "Maybelline" and wound up cracking up because of that "Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline"

I voted full face every day, but I'll add these two caveats:

Kind of like Ellen said, full face but with a light hand. Powder foundation, blush, eye shadow, mascara, lipgloss.

And "every day" doesn't count the days when I don't leave the house and sit around in my pajamas... Those are no makeup days! :D

No, never, no apologies, and I don't care what others do.  To each our own.  FWIW, hubby likes that I don't.  I guess we wouldn't be married if he thought otherwise ;) as I never felt the need in college either - we met in college.  (In high school I did... but once I decided "I" didn't like it, that was the end of it - that happened in my college years.) 

I voted occasionally full make up but it really depends.  I wear it off and on - but mostly for special occasions like church or night's out with friends, etc.   I also prefer the tinted moisturizer or BB cream because the foundation is very light, but enough to give you a fresher look.  Sometimes I'll do the full thing (tinted moisturizer, blush, eye stuff) and other times just eye liner and tinted foundation.  I never wear lipstick.    I've gone periods in the past where I wore little or no makeup but after I turned 40 I started using it more often.  I think there is a noticeable difference at my age - especially with light foundation and something to define the eyes (it doesn't have to be much though).

I voted sometimes. I'm not really sure what constitutes "full face."

Mostly on Sundays, I wear mascara, mineral foundation and a bit of lipstick (but I can never find a color I like). If I am feeling fancy, maybe I will add a little eyeshadow. Never brows.

I don't own much makeup in the first place.

I do use Oil of Olay (or sometimes something else--I get a bottle every year in my stocking!) for moisterizer, and since I work outside, I usually put it on every day.

I voted "other." I try to have "full face" makeup on when I leave the house - I look tired without it. At home, I don't always put it on, but usually wear at least foundation makeup. 

My "full face" makeup consists of foundation, concealer (under my eyes), eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, blush, and lipstick. It sounds like a lot when I type it out like that, but it's really light and it all goes on in 5 minutes or less.  

I usually only wear makeup if I leave the house, and even then, it's just eye makeup (I hate the feeling of lip gloss). If I'm feeling fancy I'll add bronzer in the winter.

I've tried a few times to "grow up" and start wearing makeup for my aging skin, but it never lasts more than a couple weeks. It just isn't my style. I feel like a clown when I look in the mirror (which is not to say that women who wear makeup look like clowns--I think many, many women wear their makeup beautifully--I just can't get used to seeing much of it on myself).

I am actually kind of surprised to see how many people wear little or no makeup so frequently. Maybe it's because I'm from Utah, and Utahns LOVE their makeup. I don't think I have more than a handful of friends from home who wear makeup as little as I do.

Or is this a homeschool mom thing? (Because most of my friends from home are SAHMs and they definitely wear a full face on most days.)

Just curious.

I wear powder cover up if we go somewhere and a touch of blush in the winter and no blush in the summer. If it's a super special occasion, I will put on lip gloss. I don't wear any of this if we stay home all day. I do use chap stick regularly for dry lips.

I don't know how to put on eye makeup like eye liner and mascara. Nor do I own any.

I am actually kind of surprised to see how many people wear little or no makeup so frequently. Maybe it's because I'm from Utah, and Utahns LOVE their makeup. I don't think I have more than a handful of friends from home who wear makeup as little as I do.

Or is this a homeschool mom thing? (Because most of my friends from home are SAHMs and they definitely wear a full face on most days.)

Just curious.

We're rural and around here it's generally the younger ladies (including high school girls) who wear it.  Once one outgrows the "fad" it tends to disappear with the exception that some do add it when going to church or out to dinner or something.  Just the barn?  No.  Just the grocery store/post office/bank?  Usually no, but it does seem to vary with age (older = less common).  At school it's probably 50/50 with the female teachers.  At other work places it varies with what the job is - more common with sales, less with pretty much anything else.