Do you know who Marlo Thomas is?

Luanne

Do you know who Marlo Thomas is?  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know who Marlo Thomas is?

• yes
    • no
    • other (no idea why I need this)

My daughter said a lady came through her lane at work the other day and she didn't know who Marlo Thomas was.  I'm 48, by the way.

Answer without doing any research... just off the top of your head.

yes, of course I do.  But, I'm 49

I'm curious why this topic would come up in conversation....

yes, of course I do.  But, I'm 49

I'm curious why this topic would come up in conversation....

The lady in front of her apparently looked a lot like Marlo Thomas.  My daughter made that observation and the lady went "who?"  My daughter is 24.  Yes, she watches a lot of old television shows and said she would understand if someone her age didn't know who she was, but thought it was odd someone my age didn't know.

That Girl.  I used to watch it.

Danny Thomas' daughter.

Married to P... talk show guy... Phil Donaghue.... white haired guy...   

Now I'll go cheat.

Maury Pauvich... No... now I have to go look.

Ah, he was/is (don't care) married to Connie Chung.

Thomas has been married to Donahue for 33 years.

Not only do I know who she is, but I have a That Girl t-shirt. Wasn't she also on Friends, for the benefit of those of us who aren't older than water?

"Older than water"? Never heard of that. I've heard of, "older than dirt"...which would be me, in either case.

Great.  I always knew this would happen eventually and now it has.  I'm the only person who answered no on a poll.  :P  Had to google.  I'm going through the imdb list and nothing's jumping out at me.  Do I live under a rock? I must.  I'm 35, by the way...

Great.  I always knew this would happen eventually and now it has.  I'm the only person who answered no on a poll.   :p  Had to google.  I'm going through the imdb list and nothing's jumping out at me.  Do I live under a rock? I must.  I'm 35, by the way...

I dunno either.

Then again, I'm 22.

Great. I always knew this would happen eventually and now it has. I'm the only person who answered no on a poll. :P Had to google. I'm going through the imdb list and nothing's jumping out at me. Do I live under a rock? I must. I'm 35, by the way...

You and I both, my friend. My answer when I lack cultural knowledge everyone else seems to have is to blame my mother for censoring our tv watching so much. ;- )

I voted other. I think I know who she is... But I am HORRIBLE with names so have to double check to make sure.

ETA: Yes, I do know who she is and I am quite proud that I actually had the correct name to go with the face! :)

That Girl!!

I'm 37, but absolutely devoured Nick at Nite and TV Land as a teen. :)

That Girl.

Danny Thomas' daughter.

St. Jude's

Married to a former talk show host.

Did I get it?

I don't know her, her father, and have never heard of That Girl.

I'm 39. I'm also Canadian but that's not generally a big handicap on questions about American celebrities

That Girl.

Danny Thomas' daughter.

St. Jude's

Married to a former talk show host.

Did I get it?

I don't know her, her father, and have never heard of That Girl.

I'm 39. I'm also Canadian but that's not generally a big handicap on questions about American celebrities

I recognized the name as some celebrity, but had no clue who she actually was. I've also never heard of That Girl, but I can picture the St. Jude lady.

Then again if you named an actor or actress currently on TV, it's unlikely I'd recognize their name either.